AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

Public preception is what it is. If you are not informed about what has really gone down at CAK with this girl and her teammates behind closed doors then you are going to form your own opinion and you are entitiled to that opinion. These girls, the coaching staff and the parents all know the back story on this situation and are happy to have her back in the fold.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! You are WRONG. I speak from first hand knowledge!

WC

Hooper is not joining the team. She has been on the roster all year long with an open invitation to come play at anytime durning the season. Last year this girl played highschool Basketball and Club volleyball at the same time. Three days a week she would go to basketball practice untill around 5 oclock and then go to Volleyball practice untill 9:30 pm and then go home and start her home work. by the time the state tournament came around she was phyisiclly exhausted. With in a three weeks period she played in districts, regionals, substate, the state tournament and particapated in three volleyball tournaments. She was going to do the same thing this year but with the way the club volleyball practices and tournament schedules were set up and with the home work load that the Jr class has it would have been too much for her this year. Even though nobody out there will ever belive it, she worked out the scheduling to help her best friend and teamates with a run to the tournament. I am sure that several schools in different sports all over the state allow players from their JV squads to particitpate in tournament play to add depth to there bench. im sure that players have been added mid season that have been playing other sports and nothing has been mentioned. This is the same case here. As i have said in previous post, adding an eligible player to the roster for depth is not issue here. It happens all the time. The issue that everybody is complaining about is the player they are adding.. Because Hooper is 6'6" and is a huge game changer is the reason everybody is screaming foul. Ask yourself, if Grainger County added a 5'8" soccer player to the bench right now to help with depth who had been playing soccer up untill this point and was ready to join the team. Would people be complaining? If a 5'8" girl transfered to Gatlanburg Pittman and her 1 year period of ineligibility ended right before the tournament and she was added to the roster, would that raise a stink? I dont think so. Hooper just happens to be a very tall high profile player and everybody is mad because they will have to possibly go thru her now to get to the state tournament. What CAK is doing in not illegal or unethical. Its the player in question that is causing the uproar. It is not fair to her if she is not allowed to play. I bet the players for GC and GP arent as worried about it a the parents and coaches are. They are competitors and probably believe thay can beat CAK with or without Hooper on the team.

WC

Hooper is not joining the team. She has been on the roster all year long with an open invitation to come play at anytime durning the season. Last year this girl played highschool Basketball and Club volleyball at the same time. Three days a week she would go to basketball practice untill around 5 oclock and then go to Volleyball practice untill 9:30 pm and then go home and start her home work. by the time the state tournament came around she was phyisiclly exhausted. With in a three weeks period she played in districts, regionals, substate, the state tournament and particapated in three volleyball tournaments. She was going to do the same thing this year but with the way the club volleyball practices and tournament schedules were set up and with the home work load that the Jr class has it would have been too much for her this year. Even though nobody out there will ever belive it, she worked out the scheduling to help her best friend and teamates with a run to the tournament. I am sure that several schools in different sports all over the state allow players from their JV squads to particitpate in tournament play to add depth to there bench. im sure that players have been added mid season that have been playing other sports and nothing has been mentioned. This is the same case here. As i have said in previous post, adding an eligible player to the roster for depth is not issue here. It happens all the time. The issue that everybody is complaining about is the player they are adding.. Because Hooper is 6'6" and is a huge game changer is the reason everybody is screaming foul. Ask yourself, if Grainger County added a 5'8" soccer player to the bench right now to help with depth who had been playing soccer up untill this point and was ready to join the team. Would people be complaining? If a 5'8" girl transfered to Gatlanburg Pittman and her 1 year period of ineligibility ended right before the tournament and she was added to the roster, would that raise a stink? I dont think so. Hooper just happens to be a very tall high profile player and everybody is mad because they will have to possibly go thru her now to get to the state tournament. What CAK is doing in not illegal or unethical. Its the player in question that is causing the uproar. It is not fair to her if she is not allowed to play. I bet the players for GC and GP arent as worried about it a the parents and coaches are. They are competitors and probably believe thay can beat CAK with or without Hooper on the team.

you can defend this however you want but dont speak of grainger county or gatlinburg pittman as if they would do something like this because they haven't 

OK you may be right but on the other hand CAK wouldnt be even thinking about adding a 5'6" player either. As for playing multiple sports BOOHOO she's not the only kid that plays multiple sports and struggles with workload. Its just ridiculous that the administration allows this to happen. Its her choice to play 2 or 3 sports. The parents of the girls on the team should be infuriated. They made it this far without her. Any coach that would agree to letting a girl play another sport up to District time then cherry picking is not much of a coach IMO. Win or lose play with what got you THERE. Ridiculous Rule.Adding depth is one thing but adding a 6'6" starter is another. CMON CAK we really know what's up. Really hate it for the girls that have busted their butts .