District 10A - 2013

Shep

I want to make one quick comment about SEC talent and how realistic it is for anyone from NCS a very small 1A school with 175 students to get to that level.  I know of 2 NCS kids who have played for 2 separate SEC schools.  One was a TE  in Lexington for Kentucky and other was a Punter under Coach Grooms first season at Mississippi State.

The are two Sophomores at NCS now who are D1 prospects already, according to Murphy Fair and other reputable sources.  Over the next couple of years we shall see what happens on the field and discuss where these athletes end up.  SEC or not D1 very possible.  

Edited by youthsportsPIX

Your the one that quoted monoptn.

With good reason.  Your team was soundly beaten by the best team you've seen this season and you start throwing rocks.  Here are your words......"NC's team is by far the best I've seen play this season so far"  And monoptn pointed out that this is your mode of operation.  Just admit that your team was trounced (like we all did when Huntingdon put one on us last year) and move on.

By far NC's team is by far the best I've seen play this season so far and from talking to our players they have great attitudes and sportsmanship also. The fact still remains you can recruit and we can't so you should be in the private sector. And for you cowboy mom ncdad and gorin you have showed you true colors by the comments you made I only said your team was bought.

I don't understand.  If you have to pay to go to a private school, the team is bought.  But if the taxpayers pay all the costs at public school, and kids can go for free, they are not bought?  Seems to me your logic is backwards.   

Regardless, there is a specific thread for public/private debate, and this discussion should probably be continued over there. http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/forum/35-public-private-debate/

Alright I just watched a few minutes of the NCS vs. Ezell game and there's no doubt NCS looks the part!  That's some big ol' boys y'all got there.  I'll be honest, NCS will dwarf JB.  They sure don't look like the team I saw last year in terms of size; where the heck were those guys? Anyway, JB will have to scheme around the size mismatch and fight hard if they want to win. It'll be tough for JB but I've seen us do it before so let's see what this year's Devils have in them.  But first we've got undefeated Eagleville to deal with.

Hey watkins. We've been through this before (with other posters) about NCS. It is a private school that offers $0 dollars to anyone in financial help. I don't care if you are the principal's kid. You get no financial help whatsoever. And I'm close enough to the program to know that it's not coming in the back door either - this is not BA or Ensworth. The change that you and others are seeing in this program starts at the top. If you knew Coach Brothers (and the guys he's put together on this staff) you would want your kid playing for him at any cost. We have families that drive an hour to get their kids to this school. I completely agree with your assessment of public vs. private. My son's teachers are awesome.

The class size averages about 15 students/teacher. He's getting quite an education in the classroom and on the field. BTW, your boys have nothing to be ashamed of after last night. They competed hard until the final whistle. They were just out-manned. In years to come it might be turned around.[/

Edited by 9aafan

Alright I just watched a few minutes of the NCS vs. Ezell game and there's no doubt NCS looks the part!  That's some big ol' boys y'all got there.  I'll be honest, NCS will dwarf JB.  They sure don't look like the team I saw last year in terms of size; where the heck were those guys? Anyway, JB will have to scheme around the size mismatch and fight hard if they want to win. It'll be tough for JB but I've seen us do it before so let's see what this year's Devils have in them.  But first we've got undefeated Eagleville to deal with.

Are you watching on hudl.com?  Wish I had come up with that idea  :)

Edited by NCSdad1962