District 10A - 2013

Shep

quote name="takeahack" post="3002117" timestamp="1378056948"]

Sorry you take offense FlowerPower but I've seen Waverly. Very young team with a couple athletes but not very good. The fact that Waverly had to come from behind to beat Perry Co. is just another sign that the team is way down this year.

Unfortunately in. 11-AA could be a long road for you this year. Maybe you have taken over for Papatiger wearing the rosé colored glasses. I'm all about rooting for your team but be realistic about what you got. Unless of course you are a coach at which time you shouldn't be realistic with your team. But of course you shouldn't be getting on CoachT if you're a coach either. This is just all IMHO of course.

Never said we were great and going to beat everyone we play. BUT what do you expect when we have a young team? For you to say what you said isnt saying much..considering we did almost be Houston and we did beat Perry. Not bad for a young team. 57 points in 2 games isnt bad either. Obviously with as strong as our district is..it will be a rough road but its all about getting better as a team and playing our best and hopefully producing wins. Maybe as young as they are next year will be a good year. In the mean time...we will keep working and hopefully shut haters like you up.

Not a hater just a realist. Love Coach Graves & think he's a good coach and enjoy speaking to him when I get the chance. When you're young the goal is to get better and I would suspect next year that Waverly will be better. But this year is tough. Best of luck to you the rest of the year. I will see Waverly a few more times & I hope they're getting better every time.

Week 1 games, my pics in bold...

Lancaster Christian @ JB JB lost 38-36

ER @ Clay Co ER won 14-0

CA @ WHH CA lost 34-14

NC @ Ezell NC won 28-11

HC @ Stewart Co HC lost 27-13

Bruceton @ McEwen Mac lost 47-13

I don't have a clue about Lancaster, but I'd say JB should be the favorite. ER/Clay looks like a pic 'em. WHH gave up a 21 point 1st qtr lead last week. I'll pic NC, but Ezell beat DA and I don't know if that is impressive or not. HC shouldn't have a problem. Bruceton put up 63 points last week.

ER and NC won last week, everyone else took their lumps

JB was a disappointment last week.  I'm still not sure what to make of that loss.  A few thoughts on JB:

1. We definitely have to get healthy up front!!! (not sure how possible that's going to be though)

2. We've got to run the ball better (see point 1). 

3. Our passing game is too inconsistent right now.  It's tough to watch us score 22 points in the first quarter then follow that up with 14 in the last 3 quarters.

4. Effort on defense in the 4th quarter was terrible.  Not for all players though...

The rest of 10A and all Single A teams across the state better watch out as this years as Nashville Christian is better this year than last.  They are a little more balanced as 3rd year starter Senior QB has matured into a very good QB. The Eagles have replaced the super fast Phillip Booker who is now playing at Murray State with Sophomore Daniel Bituli who is going to make Phillip's rushing numbers look small.  So far after two game this season the 6-3 200 pounds tail back has ran for 381 yards avg 12 yards per carry.  Unlike Phillip, Daniel is a between the tackles down hill runner who "BRINGS IT" who also has the speed to take 80 yards on any given play.  Again this kid is a sophomore and will only getting stronger and faster in next couple of years.  Feel sorry for the rest of the 10A defenses over the next couple of years.  

http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/daniel-bituli/R30c9vTqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

So who is evryone picking to win the 10-A early this year. I got NCS hands down!!!!!!!

The rest of 10A and all Single A teams across the state better watch out as this years as Nashville Christian is better this year than last.  They are a little more balanced as 3rd year starter Senior QB has matured into a very good QB. The Eagles have replaced the super fast Phillip Booker who is now playing at Murray State with Sophomore Daniel Bituli who is going to make Phillip's rushing numbers look small.  So far after two game this season the 6-3 200 pounds tail back has ran for 381 yards avg 12 yards per carry.  Unlike Phillip, Daniel is a between the tackles down hill runner who "BRINGS IT" who also has the speed to take 80 yards on any given play.  Again this kid is a sophomore and will only getting stronger and faster in next couple of years.  Feel sorry for the rest of the 10A defenses over the next couple of years.  

http://www.unapproved website.com/athlete/daniel-bituli/R30c9vTqEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

So who is evryone picking to win the 10-A early this year. I got NCS hands down!!!!!!!

I'll go with NCS (with quite a biased opinion of course  :rolleyes: ).  It will definitely come down to NCS, JB, and CA.  The way NCS progressed last year from week 0 to week 9 was really amazing to watch.  So it's hard to make predictions at this point in the season.  Anyone could make some pretty big strides as boys compete for playing time and coaches make adjustments.  

I'm taking JB, NC, & CA tonight.  As for who takes the district, it's wide open in my opinion.  I haven't seen NCS play this year but they'd have to be A LOT better than they were last year to be the the clear-cut favorite.

Seriously?  A team that made it to the last four standing would have to be "A LOT" better to be the clear-cut favorite to win the district?  Not sure I'm following that logic.

I'm taking JB, NC, & CA tonight.  As for who takes the district, it's wide open in my opinion.  I haven't seen NCS play this year but they'd have to be A LOT better than they were last year to be the the clear-cut favorite.

Hey MOTO I can tell this year team is better.  Much more balanced, bigger, and stronger.  This has been in the making for 3 years now as Coach Brothers has built a solid foundation for several years of really strong teams.  The BAR has been raised each year.  They easily beat a decent AAA Harpeth team and also have  AAA East Nashville & AAA Chetham County who are much bigger schools that may give them some problems, due to the size and depth of these much larger schools.  But anyone in A classification they should match up well against.