District 10A - 2013

Shep

The 2013 season is almost here and this Examiner article http://www.examiner.com/article/picking-the-districts-part-i-class-a-1a-and-2a has the first overview of D10 I've seen this year. Here's the part concerning D10 and his picks...

10-A

1. Nashville Christian

2. Clarksville Academy

3. Jo Byrns

4. Houston County

5. McEwen

6. East Robertson

District Player of the Year- Ryan Young, Nashville Christian (QB, Sr.)

District Coach of the Year- Jeff Brothers, Nashville Christian

District Players to Watch-Trent Mueller, (Nashville Christian, LB, Sr.), Jacob Rugan (Clarksville Academy, QB, Sr.), Kevin Adkins, (Jo Byrns, QB, Sr.), Hunter Moran, (Houston County, RB/DB, Sr.), Marquece Bell, (East Robertson, RB, Sr.)

District Defending Champion- Clarksville Academy

District Winning Streak- Nashville Christian- 5

District Losing Streak- East Robertson-12

District Game of the Year- Nashville Christian at Clarksville Academy

Saw this 7 on 7 schedule on The Tennessean... http://www.usatodayhss.com/nashville/article/midstate-7-on-7-passing-tournament-schedule--2013307100170

HOUSTON CO.

When: Monday

Teams: Houston Co., Todd Co. (Ky.), Creek Wood, West Creek, Northwest, Montgomery Central

CLARKSVILLE

When: July 19

Where: Clarksville High School

Teams: Montgomery Central, Houston Co., Clarksville Acad., Clarksville, Northeast

Anyone have other team's have dates?

• 2 weeks later...

Region rankings appear to be right on...

I think you can group the top three together along with the bottom three. It appears JBS is slowly dropping off and Houston County is somewhat on the rise (for HC). Coach Brothers and NCS will be tough to beat, but i think they will have a loss in the region by the end of the year... I'm intrested to see if CA continues to do well as they have drastically improved over the decade. McEwen and East Rob will not have much... East should have alot of talent back, but never seems to do anything with it agains smaller enrollment schools. McEwen should have average talent back, but give up too many points on D and can't move the ball consistently on offense. McEwen does appear to have the weakest schedule I have seen in a long time for them which might result in a few more wins at the end of the season. I do not see alot of real talent in this area and whoever makes it out of region 5 and 7 will probably get hammered again by the west.

Good luck to everyone, especially McEwen, as the season approaches...

Edited by MrTSSAA

• 2 weeks later...

Scrimmage schedule from The Tennessean http://www.usatodayhss.com/nashville/article/high-school-football-scrimmage-schedule--2013307290093

Aug 2

White House-Heritage vs. Jackson Co. at Tenn. Tech, 5:30 p.m.

Columbia Acad. at Clarksville Acad., 6 p.m.

Lancaster Chr. at Nashville Chr., 6 p.m.

Hickman Co. at East Robertson

Aug 6

Wayne Co. at McEwen, 6:30 p.m.

Aug 9

Houston Co. at Montgomery Central, 5 p.m.

Clarksville Acad. at Northwest, 6 p.m.

White House-Heritage at Stewart Co., 6 p.m.

Aug 13

Houston Co. at West Creek, 5 p.m.

Community at Nashville Chr., 6 p.m.

Aug 16

Clarksville Acad. at Creek Wood

• 2 weeks later...

Clarksville Academy defeated Creek Wood 16-7, but the game was lopsided. Creek Wood's only score of the game happened in the final seconds of a two 12 minute quarter game.

Maybe it's just me, but Clarksville Academy looked pretty small from my vantage point. They ran a unique mix of plays on offense (screens, option reads), and moved the ball pretty easily on a poor Creek Wood defense. #44 appears to be their do-everything type of player. He lined up in the slot a lot on offense, and had a pick six in the second half. The two backs are quick out of the back field, and the quarterback play was solid.

Creek Wood's first unit only had one first down, and never crossed mid-field. You can say that CA's D played well, but Creek Wood's O was ugly.

Clarksville Academy opens up with Montgomery Central this Thursday at home.

So, its Week 0 which to me means its time for some District Weekly Predictions.

This Weeks Games:

Clarksville Academy        hosting      Montgomery Central

East Robertson                hosting      DCA

Houston County               hosting      Waverly

Nashville Christian                @         Harpeth

McEwen                                @         Zion Christian

Jo Byrns                            off

I'm picking:

Clarksville Academy

DCA

Houston County 

Nashville Christian

McEwen

You beat me to it! I agree with all pics except McEwen @ Zion. The Warriors haven't beaten Zion in the past few years that they have played, and I haven't heard anything about McEwen that would lead me to believe thay they will end that streak. I believe HC and Waverly is a straight up pic 'em.

I went and watched Academy and Central tonight and left at half time. The score was 28-0 at half and every time I see central they get worse. Even though Academy was winning they are not as good as years past or even last year. Central looked sluggish right before halftime. The QB and one of the runningbacks for academy are very good athletes but a lot of the players like to pose for the camera while on the field.

I went and watched Academy and Central tonight and left at half time. The score was 28-0 at half and every time I see central they get worse. Even though Academy was winning they are not as good as years past or even last year. Central looked sluggish right before halftime. The QB and one of the runningbacks for academy are very good athletes but a lot of the players like to pose for the camera while on the field.

Thanks for the update watkins.  I wanted to make this game but had other things going on.  I kept up with the score on ballfrog and figured CA to be good and MC to be bad.