Liberty Tech

gohawks

Well folks...its August 1st and ur district 14 guru...wait...nope there that goes...oh well

i am told liberty has 1 senior that will play...so yes...we lost a ton of "talent" man i hope the guys arent insulted

from what ive seen so far this spring and summer...we cant catch the ball...our top WR has been out with an injury so maybe that helps things...

3 teams made the semis or better in this district last year and ppl are callin jcm the favorite...good luck with that...what has jcm done to show anyone that they are going to dominate these other teams...JCM is a .500 team until they learn to play defense...more on that after their dyersburg matchup

the HC game will be a toss up much like last season...liberty got off to a great start and then choked the 2nd half away...the patriots were young on the lines as well so i hope and believe this game will go much the same way and in our favor of course...

our matchup with clarksville ne was pretty uneventful...only 1 offensive TD by either team...NE...twas a struggle of the elements as neither team racked up many 1st downs...but NE i believe is favored in their district...dont hold me to that

we destroyed south gibson at bethel so that potential for offensive explosion is still there...our backs are...well...liberty backs

weaknesses this season will be the backers reading plays...their lack of experience is an issue...i have seen some lackluster performances from players that just arent in the right place at the right time...hopefully this gets corrected...

i expect MUS to lay the wood...but every other matchup outside of the district should be a good test but not unpassable

this weekend in memphis we will be scrimmaging kirby, melrose and ridgeway...i am expecting to attend...so more for you ppl on monday

Edited by dhstennis

Well folks...its August 1st and ur district 14 guru...wait...nope there that goes...oh well

i am told liberty has 1 senior that will play...so yes...we lost a ton of "talent" man i hope the guys arent insulted

from what ive seen so far this spring and summer...we cant catch the ball...our top WR has been out with an injury so maybe that helps things...

3 teams made the semis or better in this district last year and ppl are callin jcm the favorite...good luck with that...what has jcm done to show anyone that they are going to dominate these other teams...JCM is a .500 team until they learn to play defense...more on that after their dyersburg matchup

the HC game will be a toss up much like last season...liberty got off to a great start and then choked the 2nd half away...the patriots were young on the lines as well so i hope and believe this game will go much the same way and in our favor of course...

our matchup with clarksville ne was pretty uneventful...only 1 offensive TD by either team...NE...twas a struggle of the elements as neither team racked up many 1st downs...but NE i believe is favored in their district...dont hold me to that

we destroyed south gibson at bethel so that potential for offensive explosion is still there...our backs are...well...liberty backs

weaknesses this season will be the backers reading plays...their lack of experience is an issue...i have seen some lackluster performances from players that just arent in the right place at the right time...hopefully this gets corrected...

i expect MUS to lay the wood...but every other matchup outside of the district should be a good test but not unpassable

this weekend in memphis we will be scrimmaging kirby, melrose and ridgeway...i am expecting to attend...so more for you ppl on monday

Unless they have changed districts.... Clarksville NE is in the same district as Henry Co. and HC are the favorite to win that district.

as HC is the supposed favorite each year in said district...and seeing as how last season there was a 3 way tie with dickson, HC and NE...ill take the team that played beech the best to win it this coming season...and...NE beat HC...

Northeast lost their Mr. Everything QB/LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin to UT, along with at least a dozen other starters. HC was very young last season and brings back around 15 starters. We are the clear favorite to win the district in 2013.

Good luck to Liberty, except in week 0 of course.

'dhs;' glad to have you onboard again 2013 season....Tech has a brutal top end season but should survive as distirct champs ..get them boys some discipline please

Discipline? What makes Liberty undisciplined??? Great kids. the coach does a darn good job with em, always seem to be in the mix come late November!!!! Oh, I know!!! Your one of THOSE guys!!!!!

Discipline? What makes Liberty undisciplined??? Great kids. the coach does a darn good job with em, always seem to be in the mix come late November!!!! Oh, I know!!! Your one of THOSE guys!!!!!

Did he say they weren't great kids??? Did he say the coach didn't do a great job??? It is obvious to just about everyone what he meant by "undisciplined". He was talking about turnovers and penalties. Liberty had many games last year where they had an abundance of turnovers and penalties where they took themselves out of ballgames. Many times they were the better team but shot themselves in the foot. It's the truth and that is what DHS was talking about. He didn't mean anything disrespectful and it was quite obvious.

But on the flip side... how about you say what you thought he meant. Would be very curious to know what you meant by stating he was "one of THOSE guys"???

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Did he say they weren't great kids??? Did he say the coach didn't do a great job??? It is obvious to just about everyone what he meant by "undisciplined". He was talking about turnovers and penalties. Liberty had many games last year where they had an abundance of turnovers and penalties where they took themselves out of ballgames. Many times they were the better team but shot themselves in the foot. It's the truth and that is what DHS was talking about. He didn't mean anything disrespectful and it was quite obvious.

But on the flip side... how about you say what you thought he meant. Would be very curious to know what you meant by stating he was "one of THOSE guys"???

Amen BPM... looks like to me he is "one of THOSE guys" himself, they're usually the ones who suspect everyone else of thinking along THOSE lines.

geez i missed a lot of this convo over the weekend...

and it is absolutely...without a doubt...100% true that liberty loses games and keeps games with mediocre teams close because we draw A TON OF FLAGS...example...this weekends scrimmage with melrose...10 play series...6 of the 1st 10 plays we drew flags for holding...

ask anyone on this board or who has seen us play...especially early in the season...typical TECH...but we get better

as far as turnovers...the only game we ever lost because of such a thing was the regular season game with lexington last season...that will never be equaled by any team

in other news...yes gents its good to be back...cant wait for the season to kick off and see all the haters come out in droves...hopefully the west can make some serious noise this year

Edited by dhstennis

• 2 weeks later...