Best football program in Wilson County

BKisler

Wow Slim.... You lost me here. A perennial contender? Maybe every once in a while but Friendship Christian has not been that solid over the years.

Perennial contender in region 9AAA not 6A...top 3 in most sports year in and year out...When was the last time Gallatin beat uFCa? ...or have they NEVER beaten them?

I'm gonna hang up and listen.

You guys are comparing apples and oranges.

The only place FC can even be in the conversation is with what is in the trophy case. Everything else goes to Mt. Juliet. Overall they have bigger, faster, stronger players, and more of them. Their facilities are vastly better. Their level of coaching is significantly higher. They level of competition they play is much higher. Their success playing a much higher level of competition is comparable to FC even though they don't have the gold balls.

In this apples to oranges comparison, Mt. Juliet is by far the better program and the best program in Wilson County.

Brentwood always looks forward to and worries a little when meeting the Bears on the field. A scrimmage against FC would be a waste of our time.

Wow Slim.... You lost me here. A perennial contender? Maybe every once in a while but Friendship Christian has not been that solid over the years.

So how many years are we talking about? Over the last 9 seasons FCS has averaged 10.8 wins with 2.3 losses each year. If you want to talk about a higher number of years then that than I'd argue that those years have no affect on our future as a football program. If we are going to compare programs then you need to look at what both have accomplished. I'm not sure why classifications should matter. Our enrollment is 217. MJ's is 1903. Do I think we could have beaten MJ last year? No, not at all. I do however think we have the best program. I also think MJ has a very good program for about the last five years and if Perry's son can keep it going then they will probably win a championship at some point. If they win one before we win another then I'd say they have the best program. A 6A championship certainly looks better then 2 2A championships.

Slim, not sure if Gallatin has EVER PLAYED them!! In any sport... But to say they would be a perennial contender in 9-AAA, just shows you have no concept of the type of competition that exists in this district. State champions in the last 10 years in basketball, football, softball and baseball. Look it up my friend. Ain't no Red Boiling Springs in this district.

Slim, we understand you have a soft spot for FC because they have been beating up on the ol' Yellow Jackets for the past couple years, but playing Trousdale and playing 9AAA is two different animals. No offense to that, but it just isn't the same level of competition. 9AAA is arguably the best district from top to bottom in the state.

Edited by thegreatone36

Slim, we understand you have a soft spot for FC because they have been beating up on the ol' Yellow Jackets for the past couple years, but playing Trousdale and playing 9AAA is two different animals. No offense to that, but it just isn't the same level of competition. 9AAA is arguably the best district from top to bottom in the state.

Hahahahahahaha....yea right.

Slim, not sure if Gallatin has EVER PLAYED them!! In any sport... But to say they would be a perennial contender in 9-AAA, just shows you have no concept of the type of competition that exists in this district. State champions in the last 10 years in basketball, football, softball and baseball. Look it up my friend. Ain't no Red Boiling Springs in this district.

Oh yes, uFCa has spanked ya'll on the baseball field on multiple occassions, Trousdale has too...http://www.coacht.co...=4&seasonid=197

if you scroll too the bottom, you can go back a few years.

And that proves to me that whatever Gallatin has ever accomplished in 9aaa, so too could TC or uFCa.

Now PrOvE toO me that THE MiGhTy GrEeN wAvE have ever beaten uFCa.

Oh and BTW , Trousdales region last year alone had 2 football state champs, boys baseball state champs, girls softball state runner up, Girls basketball state champ, Girls volleyball state champ, ...Thats 5 in 1 year, and thats about all the sports we do around here.

Edited by slimshady

wave, I could guarantee region 4A has more state champions in the past 10 years than your beloved district 9AAA. Remember, we have had multiple girls state basketball champs with teams like Jackson Co, Clarkrange, Clay Co. Boys basketball state champs in FC, 2 volleyball state champs at FC, softball runner-ups at Gville, 3 baseball state champs & a runner up at FC, & at least 5 football state champs with TC-FC-Gville. As Slim has pointed out FC has defeated every 9AAA baseball team they have faced in the past 3 yrs. as a result, some like MJ have declined to play.

Region 4A to my knowledge is the only football region to crown 2 State champs in the same year. Winning Region 4A has been tougher than winning the State Championship in Football & Girls basketball. TC & FC would both have had more state championship appearances in football had they been in different brackets the past 7 years. Everyone who knows midstate football knows district 7AAA is the only football district with perennial power "PROGRAMS" who consistently win the Gold.

Edited by Volzchamps