Week 0 - Bearden vs. Sevier County

fsutandem

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe SC will win. I don't think it will be a blowout but will win comfortably. Manning has an accurate arm and knows when to pull down and run. Hes a pretty tough QB and can scramble almost as well as he passes. I think they will lack a little on defense and Bearden will hang in there in the first half. Bears will adjust at half time and bring home the win. 38-24.

bump

Afraid you're not going to get much play with this thread. Past history says that neither school has much of a following that activately participates on coacht. 

Find it interesting that everyone is picking SC to win. Don't know much about this year's Bearden squad but they were pretty solid last season. Combined with all that SC lost seems like it should be a pretty close matchup.

Which leads to a question that I have. How is that almost everyone is saying this years Bears will be very good? I have read numerious posts (even from other schools fans) that state how they all "hear" how good SC is going to be. The numbers just don't add up in my mind though. By my count we lost the majority of lineman on both sides of the ball, three of our top four receivers graduated and with the transfer of Peyton Otis to William Blount all of our starting LB's are now gone. I know Dorian Banks transferred in and that senior Joseph Hayes will provide an instant upgrade to the running attack and Manning returns at QB. It also sounds like we have pretty good team speed. However, there will be a lot of first year starters making their debuts and you don't win without the "big uglies" in the trenches. No way no how. I'll admit that I haven't seen any of the scrimmages but with all of those experienced gaps to fill this doesn't sound like a receipe for challenging any of the big boys in 6A.  

Afraid you're not going to get much play with this thread. Past history says that neither school has much of a following that activately participates on coacht. 

Find it interesting that everyone is picking SC to win. Don't know much about this year's Bearden squad but they were pretty solid last season. Combined with all that SC lost seems like it should be a pretty close matchup.

Which leads to a question that I have. How is that almost everyone is saying this years Bears will be very good? I have read numerious posts (even from other schools fans) that state how they all "hear" how good SC is going to be. The numbers just don't add up in my mind though. By my count we lost the majority of lineman on both sides of the ball, three of our top four receivers graduated and with the transfer of Peyton Otis to William Blount all of our starting LB's are now gone. I know Dorian Banks transferred in and that senior Joseph Hayes will provide an instant upgrade to the running attack and Manning returns at QB. It also sounds like we have pretty good team speed. However, there will be a lot of first year starters making their debuts and you don't win without the "big uglies" in the trenches. No way no how. I'll admit that I haven't seen any of the scrimmages but with all of those experienced gaps to fill this doesn't sound like a receipe for challenging any of the big boys in 6A.  

I was actually thinking the same thing...

SC leads the all time series with 15 wins 9 losses. Bearden has won the last 3 in a row including a playoff win 35-34 vs Devrin Young. A good friend of mine is a bulldog alum so this is a fun game to have back on the schedule. In fact his brother was a bearden qb back in 98 in a multi overtime game vs the Bears that ended 57-56 Bears win.

This will be a nice early season test for sure. Ill take the Bears in a dog fight every time.

Bears 42 Bulldogs 17

GoBears!!!!

I think I know who wrote this and in the dog fight I will take the dawgs. Anyway, when the market is a down market and the investors are running away from investing it is called a bear market because they are running away scared like bears do. I will go Bearden 28, Sevier Count 17. You think I am joking but I am not.

Edited by zcbh60

I think I know who wrote this and in the dog fight I will take the dawgs. Anyway, when the market is a down market and the investors are running away from investing it is called a bear market because they are running away scared like bears do. I will go Bearden 28, Sevier Count 17. You think I am joking but I am not.

Sevier Co got a STUD transfer.....they were already a really good team. I will be surprised if they lose this game

Edited by snuffaluffagus

Keep babysitting zcbh & leave the football predicting to the BearsGonePhishing! While your changing diapers Im surfing the net and if you read it on the world wide interweb then its correct. We have the 1st team 6A pre season all state QB sir Murphy Fair said so. All texas a&m needed was a QB to beat the elephants so I think that will be plenty to beat down the pups. I have also stayed at the holiday inn express multiple times this year so I know what Im talking about.

Come on SCbear we can play without lineman we have been doing it since 1997. Air Bears baby, throw it quick hustle down field and throw it quick again.

GoBears!!!!!

Bearden will probably slow the game down to a speed they are comfy with. But Sevier County has played many teams that do that and seem to get teams out of there gameplan. Morristown West is possibly one of the best teams on the schedule of Sevier County that trys it. But Sevier County scores quick early and makes a team play catch up. Like they have done Morristown West the past few years. And it turns into a snowball effect. Sevier County will be fast pace this year as well. With addition to 2 good runningbacks. I don't see Sevier County being very one sided like the past.

So that is why Sevier County will be pretty good.     

Heres how I think this game goes. SCHS takes ball first. Score as fast as possible. Kicks off to Bearden. Beardens first time with ball. Move steady coughs the ball on miscue. SCHS takes it scores in no huddle fast as possible. 14-0 SCHS. From then on it is how Bearden responds. Will they fall into the snowball effect or dig out of the hole. But I do think SCHS coaching staff will have the first 2 drives as there main gameplan.