Farragut Admirals

sports19

I saw them in spring and what I saw in Farragut is what you normally see from them - big linemen, a couple of good skill players on offense, and a defense that won't knock your socks off, will be well coached and fundamentally sound.

And for the poster who said they only have 45 players out - not the day I was there in spring practice. They had easily twice that many on the field.

I was down there Monday at practice and counted the players at first I thought it was the freshman but the freshman are only practicing in the morning because they only have 22 players and big not sure where you getting that at 79 was tall but not big just wait and see.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've certainly got a tough schedule, but you never know. If they can find a way to win a couple of those first 5 games, I think they'll go 4-6, maybe 5-5. Otherwise, this will be a long season for Farragut.

Look on the bright side Goman01 - They should beat HVA and Heritage. Plus, OR, LC, Bearden, and WB are winnable games.

true but wb will be alot better and will be confident since they broke the 10 year losing streak against Farragut last year. However Farragut is still fighting mad at the way the season ended, it should be a heck of a game.

Looking at it I think Farragut will start 1 soph on offense (OL), and 1 soph on defense (FS). Their numbers are down somewhat from what I've seen, but they should be solid in their starting 11 on both sides of the ball. Looks like they're deepest at the skill positions. Looks as though they have 3-4 RB's that could play on Friday nights. QB from last year returns, quick with a good arm. What I don't see is a deep threat. They have a number of quality WR's that can get open, but don't see anyone to stretch the defense like in years past.

Not sure, from what I've seen, the defense has changed very much scheme-wise, but the addition of Hawkins can't help improve on a unit that struggled all season. Having a new FS should help tremendously.

Losing their biggest weapon (kicker Johnathan King) is probably the hardest spot to fill. The new kicker looks to have a solid leg, but I haven't seen what he can do in live action. He's new to the program and I'm not sure if he's a soccer recruit or a move in.

Good Scrimmage down at Rhea. Farraguts freshmen won 4 to 3 scores and Rhea JV won 21-0. Farragut has a good group of starters but they need to find some depth. Farragut has a good QB made some very good plays tonight. Rhea looks better that last year but still got some work to do. One bright spot for Rhea #11 Noel Patterson two TD receptions and in JV returned an INT for a TD

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

I have been to a couple of practices and made the trip to Evensville to scrimmage Rhea Co. I look for the Admirals to be improved this year, but a very tough schedule may hinder there success. I was looking their schedule last night and the first five games are like Murder's Row: @DB, vs. Oak Ridge, @Lenoir City, @Fulton, and @ Knox-West. Like a poster said earlier, they need to survive these games and win atleast 2, maybe 3. 

This year Farragut has no shortage of guys to run the ball. They have the big TE,#4, that can catch anything thrown his way also. 20 & 1 looked impressive carrying the ball, the are both hard nosed runners. I just hope 1 doesn't play too much Defense so he can stay fresh, he also is a bit too nosy and gave up a TD on a ball that was thrown over his head while he was playing safety. The QB looked pretty good also, he is quick with a good arm, but I think for Farragut to have success they need to let him run the ball a little more. Maybe they just aren't right now in preseason and plan to during the season, I hope so. 

Defensively, same stuff, different year. The scheme hasn't changed very much, but they have several playmakers that can makeup for the lack of a good scheme. The new coach from Powell will hopefully help out, since last year we struggled terribly in the secondary with what looked like a very complicated coverage scheme. I did see Farragut was missing a couple of guys in the scrimmage, 54 who looks the part of a LB, so maybe he will be back. The 22 kid is going to be a problem this year for Farragut I am afraid, he is a CB, but is slow and looks to have terrible hips, so he may cost them some games if not in Cover 2. 

Farragut was missing a few guys that played last year, so hopefully they will be back before the DB game.

For the scrimmage, Farragut's 1s dominated Rhea County's 1s, but their 2s dominated our 2s. That just shows the lack of depth that we have, especially on the OL. I did hear the parents say we were missing a starting guard, not sure if left or right, but none the less those guys upfront MUST stay healthy for Farragut to have a solid season. The 2nd team Farragut Def, look solid in a few spots, but weak in others. Wish I had got to see the freshmen, but didn't know they were even there until the end of the scrimmage when they came over to the game field. 

Farragut has Alcoa at home this Friday, so it will be a much stronger test as to where exactly we stand entering the season. I know Alcoa is good, but they are young so that could play into Farragut's hand. I also heard they have lost a couple pretty good kids to Maryville, I wonder if there is any truth to that?

Hopefully I will be able to make the scrimmage Friday, and can update you all on how it goes.

The 22 kid is going to be a problem this year for Farragut I am afraid, he is a CB, but is slow and looks to have terrible hips, so he may cost them some games if not in Cover 2. 

I also heard they have lost a couple pretty good kids to Maryville, I wonder if there is any truth to that?

First off , I'm sure #22 appreciates you calling him a "Problem "... "slow " & that he has " Terrible hips " ....With support like this from his fans I'm sure he'll improve ...

And as far as Alcoa losing kids to Maryville ... ya , Me , Starz , & Red Rebels go over to Alcoa after midnite and Kidnap any kids we think will help us out !! We are the MEN IN BLACK (Red & Black) , after all so we do have a Neuralyzer to avoid any awkward questions .... lol ... Now I need everybody to look at the top of your computer at the web cam thinggie , and you'll forget you ever heard anything about Maryville Rebels secret to winning . FLASH !!!

First off , I'm sure #22 appreciates you calling him a "Problem "... "slow " & that he has " Terrible hips " ....With support like this from his fans I'm sure he'll improve ...

And as far as Alcoa losing kids to Maryville ... ya , Me , Starz , & Red Rebels go over to Alcoa after midnite and Kidnap any kids we think will help us out !! We are the MEN IN BLACK (Red & Black) , after all so we do have a Neuralyzer to avoid any awkward questions .... lol ... Now I need everybody to look at the top of your computer at the web cam thinggie , and you'll forget you ever heard anything about Maryville Rebels secret to winning . FLASH !!!

Just giving my opinion, he gave up multiple TDs last year and from what I saw the other night, it doesn't look like he has improved much. I hope I am wrong.

As for Alcoa losing a some kids to Maryville, I guess after reading your answer, the answer is No?? I have talked to a couple of guy that used to be on the Farragut staff that are now on the Alcoa staff and they told me they had lost some kids to Maryville, I hope for Farragut's sake that is not true.