Farragut Admirals

sports19

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at it I think Farragut will start 1 soph on offense (OL), and 1 soph on defense (FS). Their numbers are down somewhat from what I've seen, but they should be solid in their starting 11 on both sides of the ball. Looks like they're deepest at the skill positions. Looks as though they have 3-4 RB's that could play on Friday nights. QB from last year returns, quick with a good arm. What I don't see is a deep threat. They have a number of quality WR's that can get open, but don't see anyone to stretch the defense like in years past.

Not sure, from what I've seen, the defense has changed very much scheme-wise, but the addition of Hawkins can't help improve on a unit that struggled all season. Having a new FS should help tremendously.

Losing their biggest weapon (kicker Johnathan King) is probably the hardest spot to fill. The new kicker looks to have a solid leg, but I haven't seen what he can do in live action. He's new to the program and I'm not sure if he's a soccer recruit or a move in.

Starpower looks like you got the good insight of this program what is going on here.  Good coaches leaving and the number of players coming out to play are low.  I know 3 coaches went to Alcoa but what about the others.  The freshman team this year has what 18 to 22 players on the team and last night Alcoa well enough said there pretty bad on Farragut part good thing the rain came when it did.  I did see a old Farragut great player that played at Farragut watching the scrimmage wonder what he is think about the program.

Sounds like the Alcoa scrimmage didn't go so well for my Ads. Wish I had been able to be there, but I went over to Oak Ridge to see them scrimmage South Doyle, then spent last night driving to Nashville for a wedding this afternoon. 

Anyways, Oak Ridge looked average against and decent South-Doyle team. I know that South-Doyle is improving and has a very good coach in Coach Duncan, but they I don't think they are a very good team though. Oak Ridge really struggled to get anything going offensively, and their defense seemed to give up too many long plays. I will say that Oak Ridge's young kids looked pretty impressive though, looks like Gaddis has got the recruiting machine fired up once again. 

One thing I was utterly impressed with was the crowd. I have not seen that many people at a scrimmage in a very long time. It seemed there were almost as many South-Doyle fans there as Oak Ridge. 

So, after seeing Farragut scrimmage Rhea Co. and Oak Ridge scrimmage South-Doyle, I think Farragut may have the upper hand, I hope anyways. I read where Oak Ridge is scrimmaging HVA on Tuesday the 20th, so if they struggle with HVA, then it could be a long season for Gaddis and gang. With that said, from most accounts, it sounds like Farragut struggled with Alcoa, I hear they have a RB who is pretty impressive and Farragut couldn't tackle. Hopefully, Farragut will learn from that scrimmage and get better. 

Has anyone heard if Farragut is still scrimmaging against Central this week? I know with the Knox County Jamboree being changed to Thursday night it caused a conflict and I never heard if they were able to work it out. 

Goman, Farragut has had a large turnover of coaches in the last few years. One of the big reasons (from what I've been told ) is due to lack of teaching position openings at the school. Teaching at Farragut is a destination job, they are 8th in the state in TCAP scores, so if a teacher gets on there, they generally hang onto the position because they don't have to deal with as many student issues as a lot of schools in Knoxville. It's very difficult to get a coach in the building. The guys that went to Alcoa got a significant boost in money, so that's a no-brainer. Coach Grove left to be the DC at Powell.

I can't, and no one has be able to explain to me, why there are so few freshman out this year. If I remember correctly the 8th grade team had large numbers out last season, but I think several of those players were zoned elsewhere. Still, with 1800 students you'd think more than 20 would cone out for football.

I have no "insider" info. All I know is from watching the program for many, many years going back to the 80's, and talking to people.

Sounds like the Alcoa scrimmage didn't go so well for my Ads. Wish I had been able to be there, but I went over to Oak Ridge to see them scrimmage South Doyle, then spent last night driving to Nashville for a wedding this afternoon. 

Anyways, Oak Ridge looked average against and decent South-Doyle team. I know that South-Doyle is improving and has a very good coach in Coach Duncan, but they I don't think they are a very good team though. Oak Ridge really struggled to get anything going offensively, and their defense seemed to give up too many long plays. I will say that Oak Ridge's young kids looked pretty impressive though, looks like Gaddis has got the recruiting machine fired up once again. 

One thing I was utterly impressed with was the crowd. I have not seen that many people at a scrimmage in a very long time. It seemed there were almost as many South-Doyle fans there as Oak Ridge. 

So, after seeing Farragut scrimmage Rhea Co. and Oak Ridge scrimmage South-Doyle, I think Farragut may have the upper hand, I hope anyways. I read where Oak Ridge is scrimmaging HVA on Tuesday the 20th, so if they struggle with HVA, then it could be a long season for Gaddis and gang. With that said, from most accounts, it sounds like Farragut struggled with Alcoa, I hear they have a RB who is pretty impressive and Farragut couldn't tackle. Hopefully, Farragut will learn from that scrimmage and get better. 

Has anyone heard if Farragut is still scrimmaging against Central this week? I know with the Knox County Jamboree being changed to Thursday night it caused a conflict and I never heard if they were able to work it out.

Recruiting machine fired up? Those 9th grade players have played together their whole lives. No one has been recruited, they are all Oak Ridge boys. It would be wise of you not to comment on things that you have no clue about. Edited by GaddisTossSweep

After watching the Alcoa scrimmage I still don't have a good read on the Admirals yet. Defensively, they didn't do too bad

until Alcoa got in a 2 te, 3 back I formation and crammed it down Farragut's throat for 2 straight series. Offensively they struggled. QB was a bit off, but had some drops. Billy Williams (te) has some nice runs lining up at

RB, and I think that will help add some diversity without having to change personnel. Don't think the OL is ready yet, and had problems with Alcoa's 4 front.

Edited by STARPOWER

Recruiting machine fired up? Those 9th grade players have played together their whole lives. No one has been recruited, they are all Oak Ridge boys. It would be wise of you not to comment on things that you have no clue about.

Trust me, I would love to see some parents pay tuition and have their kids also play football (as with some other schools), but it didn't happen this year. All Oak Ridge freshmen are homegrown this year. I wouldn't bet against some transfers in the next couple of years to join that group. Any you want to send our way? Hard to compete with Catholic or Webb, but we'll take any you can spare.

9/11 starting on defense have played OR Boys Club and Middle School since age 5. The other two missed a few years, but still homegrown.

Wait, giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he meant Gaddis walking the halls and visiting the local middle schools to get kids to come out. getting involved in the youth teams to make them relevant again. Did anyone know our best youth players were playing at CLAXTON and SOUTH CLINTON during the last coaches tenure? That is shameful, but very true. Looking forward to great varsity and freshmen games with the Ads.

Trust me, I would love to see some parents pay tuition and have their kids also play football (as with some other schools), but it didn't happen this year. All Oak Ridge freshmen are homegrown this year. I wouldn't bet against some transfers in the next couple of years to join that group. Any you want to send our way? Hard to compete with Catholic or Webb, but we'll take any you can spare.

9/11 starting on defense have played OR Boys Club and Middle School since age 5. The other two missed a few years, but still homegrown.

Wait, giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he meant Gaddis walking the halls and visiting the local middle schools to get kids to come out. getting involved in the youth teams to make them relevant again. Did anyone know our best youth players were playing at CLAXTON and SOUTH CLINTON during the last coaches tenure? That is shameful, but very true. Looking forward to great varsity and freshmen games with the Ads.

Whoa, if that's the truth with that last comment you made about them kids playing for Claxton and South Clinton then that is indeed sad. How did that come about? And yeah, i should've given him the benefit of the doubt. I'm just so used to people saying we "recruited" back when Gaddis was here the 1st time around that i just assume that's what folks mean when they say that. I played in the 90's and all the kids that were on those great teams i played on i grew up with, so i just think it's comical when people say that. People just assume that since we had so many good players during that time that we were recruiting. Nature of the beast, i reckon.