11-AAA

The D Line is the best part of the defense. The lack of a running game can be fixed. With Blade's play calling you have to also factor in that the screen game on offense really serves as Indy's running game in many ways.

I got to step in on this one. The Indy D line is by the far the weak link. From what I saw they are tenacious and hit hard, but they are tiny. A big athletic OL will wear them out. The strength of the D is the back seven...not just because they have three SEC players in the secondary. The other safety and the LB'ers are very athletic kids. Few teams are going to have long runs on that D. But there are going to be a lot of long drives like the ones Kenwood had the other night. I didn't see the game but my guess is that they ran up the middle for a lot of four and five yard gains.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Agree with VW and Gaulden as studs and the qb when all said and done will be the best in district but a top 4 team is WISHFUL thinking

If they make a deep run in the playoffs I will be happy

Coaching is 100% better with Blade running the ship and Dyson gone that's a fact

D line worries me and the lack of running game is a question mark

The RB is a junior with blazing speed who is getting D-1 looks. I think he will get some yards once the line grows up a little bit. Right now the Indy O is using misdirection and screen passes to get the ball in Wharton's hands. He is deadly in open space. And you're right. The coaching is 100% better.

The RB is a junior with blazing speed who is getting D-1 looks. I think he will get some yards once the line grows up a little bit. Right now the Indy O is using misdirection and screen passes to get the ball in Wharton's hands. He is deadly in open space. And you're right. The coaching is 100% better.

What was RB name - I think I saw he got hurt in 2nd half

What did we learn about District 11-AAA in week 0?

People noticed RHS' new wide-out (my personal dark horse candidate). I believe Ravenwood is ready to scare some people.

Brentwood had a rough first outing (and it is not going to get better next week). Brentwood will have growing pains this year.

Centennial failed to live up to the hype, and disappointed Lord Rector. Which begs the question; "what are the REALISTIC expectations for the Cougars this year?"

Indy handled it's business in week 0 (like many expected). Vic sounded healthy, and the scheme sounds exhilarating to watch. Health will be the issue as the season progresses.

We will get our first look at Franklin this upcoming week in a good comparison game against Clarksville NE. We know the rulers will out, measuring themselves against CHS.

The Independence Eagles & the Centennial Cougars have the same issue. Both teams have weapons all over the field (more so than any other team within this district). Nobody is arguing that Sanders, Gaulden, and Wharton aren't scary to play against. But both teams have weak links in their respective chains.

A) Lackluster QB play

B) Lackluster Linemen

CHS' stat line on Friday night is proof of it's inability to move the ball in the air (It is a little different when Rector doesn't have a Jennings or other transfer QBs o save his day). If you saw Indy play in the pre-season, you would understand that screens & short passes are the only completions they can buy.

Both teams are going to have tough times stuffing the run, or forcing their will consistently against other teams.

I went to the BHS/CPA game Friday and my summary of the Bruins sounds similar to what people are saying about Indy and Centennial- They've got great skill guys but the weak link is on the offensive and defensive line- they just aren't very big this year. Brentwood's QB Maher is their best player. He is very accurate and he keeps drives alive with his feet. Hopefully the common trait of "weak line" will cancel out when all of these district teams play each other, and we will see some fun games.  

The Independence Eagles & the Centennial Cougars have the same issue. Both teams have weapons all over the field (more so than any other team within this district). Nobody is arguing that Sanders, Gaulden, and Wharton aren't scary to play against. But both teams have weak links in their respective chains.

A) Lackluster QB play

B) Lackluster Linemen

CHS' stat line on Friday night is proof of it's inability to move the ball in the air (It is a little different when Rector doesn't have a Jennings or other transfer QBs o save his day). If you saw Indy play in the pre-season, you would understand that screens & short passes are the only completions they can buy.

Both teams are going to have tough times stuffing the run, or forcing their will consistently against other teams.

Bystander agree about Indy they have a small O line and D line , are lucky however they might have the best back 7 in middle TN

Disagree about your take on Indy qb - for his first start at Indy he was 18-28 177 yds 2 TD passing , 1 rush TD and 0 INT

Keep in mind KHS knocked out their starting tailback early in the game -

The short passes are part of Blades game planning - plus he knows he has small line

Notredame66, "back-7" will win you 7-on-7 tournaments, but when it comes to being talked about as a "final 4" type team against the likes of Oakland & Blackman it will come down to stopping the ground game.

Because the best teams will have the secondary to match up against Wharton.

Never said Indy was a final 4 team , it was another poster whom stayed that .

Blade stated the strength of his back 7

I agree you need a D line to help that back 7 something Indy lacks

The test will come when they face BHS with Hurd and Carter ( thought Carter looked the better back yesterday and Hurd was winded missed lots of tackles )