11-AAA

I hate to sound like a sore loser, but horrible officiating cost Brentwood this game. The Bruins definitely shot themselves in the foot multiple times with turnovers and the questionable onside kick call, but there were several terrible calls by the refs that killed Brentwood's chances of staying in this game. That being said, Deon Sanders is a grown #### man and he had a very impressive game. 

I saw some questionable calls on both sides of the ball. High school officiating is sketchy at best and every know is. Be ready for the bad call because it is going to happen. 

Some calls against B'Wood did cost them some momentum, but they should be able to overcome that. What I saw was a bigger Centennial team, playing harder, that was better shape than B'Wood. Even though the boys played with heart up until the end, the gas tank seemed to be empty. 

I hate to sound like a sore loser, but horrible officiating cost Brentwood this game. The Bruins definitely shot themselves in the foot multiple times with turnovers and the questionable onside kick call, but there were several terrible calls by the refs that killed Brentwood's chances of staying in this game. That being said, Deon Sanders is a grown #### man and he had a very impressive game. 

Outside the obvious pass interference call that wasn't made, how was the officiating horrible?  They managed to catch every block in the back on Centennial, most that were unnecessary and didn't impact the play.  If not for those, Sanders goes over 400 yds.  As for shots to the foot, don't forget poor play calling.  CHS was terrible against the run the first two weeks but Brentwood kept throwing the ball.   Had an 80 yd. TD run on the first play following a CHS score and the QB had success on the read option but that didn't keep them from going all Steve Spurrier.  Remember third and less than one from the BHS 40?  Threw incomplete on 3rd down and then fumbled the snap on 4th.  Why throw on 3rd and so short if you've already decided to go for it on 4th down, especially against a weak run defense?     

Outside the obvious pass interference call that wasn't made, how was the officiating horrible?  They managed to catch every block in the back on Centennial, most that were unnecessary and didn't impact the play.  If not for those, Sanders goes over 400 yds.  As for shots to the foot, don't forget poor play calling.  CHS was terrible against the run the first two weeks but Brentwood kept throwing the ball.   Had an 80 yd. TD run on the first play following a CHS score and the QB had success on the read option but that didn't keep them from going all Steve Spurrier.  Remember third and less than one from the BHS 40?  Threw incomplete on 3rd down and then fumbled the snap on 4th.  Why throw on 3rd and so short if you've already decided to go for it on 4th down, especially against a weak run defense?     

The pass interference no-call was definitely the main one I was referring to. That was a game changer. It was 3rd down and Brentwood was down 14-7 at that point. The no-call killed Brentwood's chances of tying the game up before halftime (not to mention the fact that if the penalty hadn't been committed, the game likely would have been tied on that very play). The other one that upset the entire Brentwood sideline was late in the 4th when Brentwood was down by 8, it was third and long, and Maher scrambled around the end and up the sideline and dove forward across the first down marker and the official spotted him an entire yard short of the first down. Obviously neither one of those officiating mishaps actually took points off the board for Brentwood, but they were bad calls that killed 2 drives that could have changed the outcome of the game.

You made a good point though, the refs did catch a lot of holding and block in the back penalties against Centennial, so I guess it could have been much worse. I guess I'm just bitter because Brentwood could very easily be 2-1 right now, but we are 0-3 instead.  :|

The pass interference no-call was definitely the main one I was referring to. That was a game changer. It was 3rd down and Brentwood was down 14-7 at that point. The no-call killed Brentwood's chances of tying the game up before halftime (not to mention the fact that if the penalty hadn't been committed, the game likely would have been tied on that very play). The other one that upset the entire Brentwood sideline was late in the 4th when Brentwood was down by 8, it was third and long, and Maher scrambled around the end and up the sideline and dove forward across the first down marker and the official spotted him an entire yard short of the first down. Obviously neither one of those officiating mishaps actually took points off the board for Brentwood, but they were bad calls that killed 2 drives that could have changed the outcome of the game.

You made a good point though, the refs did catch a lot of holding and block in the back penalties against Centennial, so I guess it could have been much worse. I guess I'm just bitter because Brentwood could very easily be 2-1 right now, but we are 0-3 instead. :|

The good news NO team will go undefeated in league

You made a good point though, the refs did catch a lot of holding and block in the back penalties against Centennial, so I guess it could have been much worse. I guess I'm just bitter because Brentwood could very easily be 2-1 right now, but we are 0-3 instead.  :|

IMHO, the call on Maher scrambling to the Brentwood sideline was actually good. His left foot went out about 3 yards short and the ball wasn't across the line. Bad spot, but still no first down.

Officiating was equally good/bad, I'd say.

Brentwood will be fine. They have a good leader.

I have a few observations from the Dickson Co. vs Franklin game.

I know Franklin fans are happy to see a good 2-0 start to the season, coupled with a good win to open the district schedule. But in my "casual bystander" opinion, FHS was a much better team than Dickson Co. on Thursday night, yet they allowed DC to stay in the game. Let's not forget without a blocked punt, and a 47-yard FG Franklin looses this game (against a weaker opponent). Hopefully Thursday night was not a sign of an under-achieving FHS team, but I think it may be...

Franklin faithful are pointing heavy to this #10 at QB, but I did not see that "X factor" from him on Thursday night that warrants the hype. I saw a controlling defense and a 2 back-offense that should get praise before a QB with 2 interceptions (But then again Franklin has always been home to "giving the QB more honor than he deserves")

Are you referring to Woodward or Maher? Either way, I agree with you there.

Woodward. I don't know much about Maher outside of on the field observation of a handful of games. He seems to play hard and have the command of those around him. I'd encourage him to (at times) pay attention to his body language and be sure his posture and physical poise look like a champion but he is a kid so I'm knit picking now.

I think Woodward is the real deal. Be patient, Bruins. He will win games. I think he is a foundation first kind of guy so let him get a row or two beyond the cornerstone before getting too worked up.

I don't know about that ND. From what I saw Friday night your Eagles are a blitzkrieg. The lines are small but disciplined and extremely well coached. There are athletes everywhere even after the big three. I don't see any team in the district beating Indy this year.

I agree just worry about a team that can run the ball

Beech and Dorian Carter will tell us .....

Love the play of Qb Hollis

IHS's validity as the Titan/ Favored of this district will be tested and take more tangible shape over the next few weeks as the following happens:

- Competition thickens

- Coaches attain more film & info on IHS's attack

- Injuries & Depth

Also don't forget that teams like BHS, CHS, and FHS always bring their respective "A-Games" when they play each other. So Indy will get everybody's best shot.

I wouldn't under-rate how big a target VW (trash talker, cocky, already injured, all over twitter) has put on his own back...

IHS's validity as the Titan/ Favored of this district will be tested and take more tangible shape over the next few weeks as the following happens:

- Competition thickens

- Coaches attain more film & info on IHS's attack

- Injuries & Depth

Also don't forget that teams like BHS, CHS, and FHS always bring their respective "A-Games" when they play each other. So Indy will get everybody's best shot.

I wouldn't under-rate how big a target VW (trash talker, cocky, already injured, all over twitter) has put on his own back...

Agree CB on your take of Indy ...

Other coaches will look at the tape but one thing is VW RG and FS are probably the fastest guys in the state of TN so you need to catch them

Agree on VW , but seems he has toned it down some -