11-AAA

I can't wait to see Brentwood play this year. I've heard that they will be rolling out a completely new type of offense that we are used to seeing from the Bruins. Hopefully that will make for some faster paced, more exciting games. Of course I am biased, but I really do think they win the district again this year. They've got great skill players on both sides of the ball; the biggest question mark is the OL/DL... They lost most of their big guys from last year.

I can't wait to see Brentwood play this year. I've heard that they will be rolling out a completely new type of offense that we are used to seeing from the Bruins. Hopefully that will make for some faster paced, more exciting games. Of course I am biased, but I really do think they win the district again this year. They've got great skill players on both sides of the ball; the biggest question mark is the OL/DL... They lost most of their big guys from last year.

Do they move Maher inside?

Thanks MyHumbleOpinion for some Brentwood insight, because they are a program I am highly interested in this upcoming year. Brentwood High has run a consistent program over the years, and has done a great job at hiring from within the BHS family. However I am interested in seeing how they handle the graduation rates from last year, and how a new system will translate onto the field. Coach Crawford & Coach P. ran similar if not identical systems which led to high continuity.

Do they move Maher inside?

They would have, but he is not playing football this year. Word is that the shoulder injury he suffered last year led him to give up football and focus on shotput; which is what he wants to do in college. That's a smart decision in my opinion, but we sure could have used him on the line this year.

Thanks MyHumbleOpinion for some Brentwood insight, because they are a program I am highly interested in this upcoming year. Brentwood High has run a consistent program over the years, and has done a great job at hiring from within the BHS family. However I am interested in seeing how they handle the graduation rates from last year, and how a new system will translate onto the field. Coach Crawford & Coach P. ran similar if not identical systems which led to high continuity.

I think the transition away from the Crawford/Pemberton style of offense came at exactly the right time. Like I said before, their O-line will probably be too small to run a successful triple option or wing-t offense and run people over like the last several years. It sounds like Woodward is going to get the ball out in space to his playmakers more to make up for the smaller o-line. They've got 3-4 really good receivers, and a couple of fast running backs along with an extremely athletic QB that should be able to combine for some exciting plays this year.

Yea, you are right about that; but for as long as I can remember, BHS has always had a "workhorse" type running back that was able to run consistently behind a big O-line. They have a few small, speedy running backs this year, but none that will be able to go up the middle consistently. I think we will see more of a quick passing attack this year which will get the ball out in space and let the fast guys do work without necessarily having amazing blocking up front. That's what I'm hoping at least... who knows if it will play out like that.