11-AAA

I think it's safe to throw Summit, Dickson County, and Franklin out of the running to win the district. Yea, Franklin is undefeated, but they struggled to beat the DC team that Brentwood just Beat 33-3 even after playing JV players for most of the 4th quarter. I can see Franklin losing to Brentwood, Centennial, Ravenwood, and Indy. I honestly don't think Indy has a shot of winning the district after seeing what Ravenwood did to them last week, but I won't throw them out of the conversation just yet. Their game against Blackman this week will tell us a lot. At this point, Ravenwood and Centennial are in the best position to win the district (both are undefeated in district play so far), but I think a quickly improving Brentwood team will beat Ravenwood later in the season. If this thing plays out like I think it will, we could very well end up with a three way tie at the top:

1) Ravenwood (1 district loss- Brentwood)

1) Brentwood (1 district loss- Centennial)

1) Centennial (1 district loss- Ravenwood)

The tie-breaker would be overall records, which is where Brentwood's much more difficult out of district schedule could come back to haunt them.

Thoughts? 

Edited by MyHumbleOpinion

I maintain that I predicted Ravenwood as the potential darkhorse to win the district even back when everybody crowned Indy the obvious favorite (However these games aren't played on paper). Congratulations should be givento RHS' staff, and their commitment to expose Indy's weakness (their front 7) despite the fact that many only point to Ravenwood's WR, and to take a risk in double covering Indy's offensive threats.

I completely agree with "MyHumbleOpinion" on your assessment of Brentwood, and to me it is a great testament to Coach Woodward's efficacy as a coach because he found a way to motivate and keep the kids fighting even in the fact of an uncharacteristic start to their season. They will continue to improve, and will be a hard win for any team (I also already predicted that).  

I do not agree with your quick death sentence of Franklin. Yes their 4-0 start is deceiving (against opponents with a combined record of 7-12), but momentum is a dangerous ting in high-school athletics and Franklin is definitely building some momentum. Once again I already stated that the Franklin vs. Brentwood game will be decisive hinge for this season for both programs. But there is some validity that Franklin could post any type of record against BHS, RHS, IHS, and CHS (from 0-4 --> 4-0).

I also reserve judgment for Centennial, due to their early struggles and one-dimensional offensive attack, and they too will begin to face the meat of their schedule as well.

I would also like to comment on the "fair weather" comments we see on this thread.

Indy has gone silent after all it's "Big 3" banter fell flat against Beech & Ravenwood

Brentwood was ready to protest against Woodward and then he beats Dickson Co handedly.

Centennial has boasted about it's arrival, and torn down other programs in the process but has been silent since Clarksville NE & Overton embarrassed them.

Make a post, have an opinion, and stand behind for your claim

Edited by CasualBystander
  • Upvote 1

I would also like to comment on the "fair weather" comments we see on this thread.

Indy has gone silent after all it's "Big 3" banter fell flat against Beech & Ravenwood

Brentwood was ready to protest against Woodward and then he beats Centennial & Dickson Co.

Centennial has boasted about it's arrival, and torn down other programs in the process but has been silent since Clarksville NE & Overton embarrassed them.

Make a post, have an opinion, and stand behind for your claim

Uh, Brentwood didn't beat Centennial.