Oak Ridge football

rallykat

The problem with judging players by Boys Club and middle school is that some of them far out pace others in athletic ability in those years. They look like a star, but by 10 or 11 grade, everyone else has caught up with them. I'm not saying he isn't a good athlete, I'm just saying, so far, I haven't seem him do anything that leads me to believe I'd plan on making him the starter over any of the others.

I have heard that when he played last, he missed all of he summer workouts and was allowed to come in at the end of preseason. Then he didn't play last year. I would not be inclined to let him come back this year and jump to the head of the line over players that have "paid their dues". That's not the best moral builder.

Agreed

Honestly, i could care less who takes the starting position, like some of you guys said. And i am also sure that the current coaching staff isn't gonna be making any choices as to who it will be by what has happened in the past. Gaddis is gonna put the best man out there whom he thinks gives us the best possible chance to win games. Whoever that will be is who i will stand behind 100%, until he flips up and somebody else overtakes him as starting QB, etc. Speaking of Warrington. Does he kinda remind anybody of Zulliger in a way? Maybe a bit more athletic, but he comes over to me as being that type of tough, hardnosed kid. I know his uncle Tommy played for Oak Ridge in the early 70's and was a tough guy according to my pops who went to school with Tommy.

I'm very concerned about two things. One is that we seem to have NO big play potential...NONE. A second that after a month of practice we still don't have any idea who the QB will be. Neither of these things are good.

I think NO might be a bit reactive. I'm sure Gaddis is just working on the basics right now. The team is full of speed and the big plays will happen.

Next scrimmage is Tuesday the 20th at 7:00 PM at Blankenship against HVA.

HVA will have a chip on their shoulder after Anderson County ran rough shad on them as David Cleary says. They are huge up front and run the football. The Mavs are huge up front too and held the hawks to just one score in a game type down and distance scrimmage. AC used a balanced attack on offense to rack up over 500 yards offense and score 8 times during that scrimmage. Best of luck to the Cats Tuesday

I'm very concerned about two things. One is that we seem to have NO big play potential...NONE. A second that after a month of practice we still don't have any idea who the QB will be. Neither of these things are good.

I'm not really getting where you're coming off as saying we have NO big play potential, but may be you see something i don't? Rowe, Isiah Jones, Thrift, and many others have VERY good speed, Thrift being VERY VERY good...Jaylin ever gets in the open, not many are gonna run him down, either. Just because we didn't "break" one in our scrimmage, surely doesn't constitute as us having NO big play potential. We have a lot, if you ask me. Give it time, man. Not everybody can have Matt Moore speed. One other guy in the whole state did last year (according to the 100M race at the state meet he ran in. Placed 2nd in that) How many 60+ yard runs did Moore have last year? I can recall a few. The one against Farragut, and he had one against AC that went for a long ways, but that may have been a kickoff return. It's not like 60, 70, 80 yard plays happen very often. Also, it's not like we're gonna be playing Memphis schools here. The teams we are gonna be playing against 95-99% of them we will have a lot better speed then, maybe with Powell being the excpetion.

I'm not really getting where you're coming off as saying we have NO big play potential, but may be you see something i don't? Rowe, Isiah Jones, Thrift, and many others have VERY good speed, Thrift being VERY VERY good...Jaylin ever gets in the open, not many are gonna run him down, either. Just because we didn't "break" one in our scrimmage, surely doesn't constitute as us having NO big play potential. We have a lot, if you ask me. Give it time, man. Not everybody can have Matt Moore speed. One other guy in the whole state did last year (according to the 100M race at the state meet he ran in. Placed 2nd in that) How many 60+ yard runs did Moore have last year? I can recall a few. The one against Farragut, and he had one against AC that went for a long ways, but that may have been a kickoff return. It's not like 60, 70, 80 yard plays happen very often. Also, it's not like we're gonna be playing Memphis schools here. The teams we are gonna be playing against 95-99% of them we will have a lot better speed then, maybe with Powell being the excpetion.

My concern is that EVERY time we had someone break away Friday, he got run down.

My concern is that EVERY time we had someone break away Friday, he got run down.

Ok, and who were those that got run down? And was it from behind or were their angles involved? Matt Moore got ran down a few times with angles involved. I'm talking flat run someone down from behind after they have gotten into full speed gear. Brandon Bonds is another not many are going to run down, unless they are a track star. Their are a lot of factors involved when you say they got "run down"