Oak Ridge football

rallykat

Malik Hardy was as fast in track as a 10th grader as Matt Moore.  I wonder where he figures in?

Do you mean as a 10th grader Malik Hardy was/is as fast as Moore was when he was a 10th grader also? I forgot all about Hardy. Yes, he is very fast. Still don't understand how we have guys with "average" speed. Hardy is small but the boy has wheels. Hardy was the 3rd leg on a pretty darn good 4x100 team this year on the track team. He will only get faster, too. Like Moore did. Edited by SweetScience

Do you mean as a 10th grader Malik Hardy was/is as fast as Moore was when he was a 10th grader also? I forgot all about Hardy. Yes, he is very fast. Still don't understand how we have guys with "average" speed. Hardy is small but the boy has wheels. Hardy was the 3rd leg on a pretty darn good 4x100 team this year on the track team. He will only get faster, too. Like Moore did.

My point was that NOBODY has the speed to break away and go the distance. South Doyle didn't share that problem. It concerns me. I'm not being critical. In that scrimmage it was a fact.

My point was that NOBODY has the speed to break away and go the distance. South Doyle didn't share that problem. It concerns me. I'm not being critical. In that scrimmage it was a fact.

Their are more than a few who have the speed to take it the distance. You will see. Hardy does for one. Just because we didn't in the scrimmage doesn't mean we don't have a guy that will. Just by going from that scrimmage isn't very realistic. Not even Moore took it the distance in every game last year, Geez catswild lol Edited by SweetScience

Their are more than a few who have the speed to take it the distance. You will see. Hardy does for one. Just because we didn't in the scrimmage doesn't mean we don't have a guy that will. Just by going from that scrimmage isn't very realistic. Not even Moore took it the distance in every game last year, Geez catswild lol

I'm just saying that I hope that scrimmage isn't an example of what the season will be like when it comes to going the distance when we break out into the open.

I'm just saying that I hope that scrimmage isn't an example of what the season will be like when it comes to going the distance when we break out into the open.

Did Hardy break out into the open without having to stop and juke while a defender wasn't at full speed chasing him? Did Thrift? Same could be said for any of our fast guys. Like i stated in an earlier post. Their are a ton of factors involved with getting "ran down" Who were the kids who got out into the open? Dunbar? If so, then yes i will agree that he doesn't have breakaway speed. Who were the other guys who got ran down from behind without angles involved? Football is a game of angles when we are talking about these things. From what it sounds like from a few posters is that the long run SD had against us our defenders took bad angles, so it cost them. But, our secondary isn't very fast, that i will agree with. And anyone can get behind a CB for a long pass. all it takes is for a CB to take the wrong hip turn or lose track of a WR. Edited by SweetScience

Did Hardy break out into the open without having to stop and juke while a defender wasn't at full speed chasing him? Did Thrift? Same could be said for any of our fast guys. Like i stated in an earlier post. Their are a ton of factors involved with getting "ran down" Who were the kids who got out into the open? Dunbar? If so, then yes i will agree that he doesn't have breakaway speed. Who were the other guys who got ran down from behind without angles involved? Football is a game of angles when we are talking about these things. From what it sounds like from a few posters is that the long run SD had against us our defenders took bad angles, so it cost them. But, our secondary isn't very fast, that i will agree with. And anyone can get behind a CB for a long pass. all it takes is for a CB to take the wrong hip turn or lose track of a WR.

You are getting way too defensive. I'm just worried. Let me put it in these terms.....Oak Ridge did NOT have ANYONE who went the distance in the scrimmage and South Doyle did. Angles, jukes, or whatever. It's a fact.

You are getting way too defensive. I'm just worried. Let me put it in these terms.....Oak Ridge did NOT have ANYONE who went the distance in the scrimmage and South Doyle did. Angles, jukes, or whatever. It's a fact.

Not getting defensive. You just don't explain things very well, that's all. I wasn't there, so i don't know. From just saying we don't have anyone that can take it the distance without explaining why you think that other then the fact we didn't in one scrimmage just isn't explaining yourself very well. And you seem to be the only one who thinks this. Not saying i know everything, i don't. But, i do think we have some guys who can take it the distance and i think it will be proven eventually once the season starts. I just think you're basing a little too much off of just one scrimmage. Do you honestly believe guys from AC, CC, Karns, Gibbs, and a few select other teams are gonna run down some of our faster guys from behind? Just wondering. Edited by SweetScience

Gentlemen,

It's really hard to come to any conclusion after the 1st scrimmage.  Remember, most of the guys on the sideline got some playing time.  It probably means that we are not as deep as everyone would like us to be, but this is a pretty small senior class.

I have seen the varsity cats look far far worse on the opening scrimmage.  Remember those 8-0 blowouts by Alcoa?  Considering the youth and inexperience of this team, I think that there was much more positive than negative to take away from this effort.  Again, I am much more interested in our effort against Hardin Valley.  There is a lot of time to get the pieces put together before Farragut. 

Gentlemen,

It's really hard to come to any conclusion after the 1st scrimmage.  Remember, most of the guys on the sideline got some playing time.  It probably means that we are not as deep as everyone would like us to be, but this is a pretty small senior class.

I have seen the varsity cats look far far worse on the opening scrimmage.  Remember those 8-0 blowouts by Alcoa?  Considering the youth and inexperience of this team, I think that there was much more positive than negative to take away from this effort.  Again, I am much more interested in our effort against Hardin Valley.  There is a lot of time to get the pieces put together before Farragut.

I agree. You can't base something off of just one scrimmage. HVA scrimmage should be interesting.

Not getting defensive. You just don't explain things very well, that's all. I wasn't there, so i don't know. From just saying we don't have anyone that can take it the distance without explaining why you think that other then the fact we didn't in one scrimmage just isn't explaining yourself very well. And you seem to be the only one who thinks this. Not saying i know everything, i don't. But, i do think we have some guys who can take it the distance and i think it will be proven eventually once the season starts. I just think you're basing a little too much off of just one scrimmage. Do you honestly believe guys from AC, CC, Karns, Gibbs, and a few select other teams are gonna run down some of our faster guys from behind? Just wondering.

You're probably right. I'm just worried because I want the season to go well.