Oak Ridge football

rallykat

Much better look from the Cats last night.  I am encouraged by the depth we have at QB.  Dunbar looked the best, but we have 4 that can play.  Defense looked good, however, we are going to give up some points against teams that run the ball well.  The offense was much improved from the 1st scrimmage, but that should be expected. I am encouraged that our guys look very comfortable running out of our base package.  Again, we played a lot of guys on Varsity, and we had some guys out.  Unlike Smitty, I see us competing for a district championship again and going a couple of rounds deep into the playoffs.

Isaac Chapman #72 is the big kid from Clinton.  We are much better on D when he is at nose and much better on O when he's at center.  I sure wish we had him for Farragut.  He is ineligible for the first 2 games according to Coach Minor.  I was also told that he would play some center and guard this year depending the defense we're facing, odd or even front.

Brandon did a good job of kicking, kick offs, pats, and the field goal. I was just wondering why 43 Hunter Sumner didn't do any kicking.  Maybe they were just giving the younger guy the reps because they know what Hunter can do.  Oh well, we definately have 2 good kickers again.  Coach Saunders was there on the sidelines.  Just couldn't give it up, ha ha.

Looked to me like we are still playing a ton of guys on both sides of the ball, still trying to figure out exactly who our best 11 are, which is good because it shows we have competition going on all over the field.  They will have to make those decisions over the weekend and have that depth chart settled come game week.  Of course we will see different starters throughout the year, but it will be good to finally get it set for game one.  

Not finally but the excitement is different from what I've seen in years. I'm sure you'll have a problem with that statement and try to diminish that excitement with a new attack on Gaddis. Lol

New excitment? I thought we  had a winning record the last four years.  If winning does not excite you-then as  Gaddis says.........................."you might want to check yourself into a  Morgue"  

New excitment? I thought we had a winning record the last four years. If winning does not excite you-then as Gaddis says.........................."you might want to check yourself into a Morgue"

Only an avid Gaddis hater like yourself would be reluctant to admit that the atmosphere is more exciting than we've seen in years. Winning is exciting but that didn't seem to help against Science Hill. It's just different and you know it is. But I fully expect your response to this will be to launch another attack on the man you love to hate.

Only an avid Gaddis hater like yourself would be reluctant to admit that the atmosphere is more exciting than we've seen in years. Winning is exciting but that didn't seem to help against Science Hill. It's just different and you know it is. But I fully expect your response to this will be to launch another attack on the man you love to hate.

Winning did not help against Science Hill??? Huh??