Districts 3 & 4 region 2

Ladyramshoop

I am very leary of Meigs.....but I agree somewhat with LM.  CR has so much size with the Freshman Post, who does not play like a Freshman.  Their power forward is extremely hard to handle too.  Add that to the quickness of their guards and you have a sharp mountain to climb.  I am not saying it's impossible for Meigs or anybody else, but you better be on your game because they are razor sharp most nights.  Who knows.....maybe the planets will align....?

Kaz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that a Van Buren team played within 7 & 5 pts of Jackson County with a total sophomore starting lineup can attest to the uncertainty of the Sub-States upcoming.  While it will be a long shot, Van Buren and little old Silverdale (23-1) whose starting soph post is only 5'9'', will have the opportunity to face off against CR & JC to see who goes to the Murph.  And before the JC folks get up in arms and say NO CHANCE, keep in mind that I said these are long shots. 

I can tell you that the talent in the Chattanooga area is up and coming.  There are very few seniors on any of the top teams in the area, with most teams starting 3-4 Fresh/Soph this season.  2015 & 2016 teams will be much stronger than the present class and the previous couple of years.  If 90% of the 6'0'' girls in the area were not solely focused on volleyball, that would also help.

Oneida did not really play effectively the other night.  Sure, OS had something to do with that but for the most part they could blame a lot of it on themselves.  They got right back on it the next night against CG, which is not as good as OS, winning by  20 something.  They looking to gear up and go during the tournament next week.

Kazzo

Oneida and OS split the title (regular season) but Oneida won the coin toss and is the #1 seed.  They play Wartburg on Friday.  They were a bit off their game in the last game against OS.... they knew win or lose they were going to hold the #1 position.  I have seen them play much harder in numerous games this year.  Still OS played well and deserved to win.....hoping for the rematch.  Coach West will have the kids ready.

Kaz

Wartburg vs. Oakdale:

Oakdale played much better than anticipated against OS, but it won't mean much as Wartburg is on their own floor. (been beaten to death,,,won't go there)  Wartburg actually played well the other night against Oneida, they just got beat by a team with more parts that are better than theirs.  I see this being close for a half and then Wartburg slowly edges away in the end.  Wartburg by 12.

Oneida vs. OS

These are the two best teams in the district this year.  I'm sure Coach West watched intently as OS almost self destructed against Oakdale.  Now if he can get lucky and hope the Lady Bobcats continue their sluggish play. (not likely)  I can't remember the last time we didn't get a teams best game.  I'd expect that tonight too!!  Still, gonna ride the girls in a tough battle.  Oneida by 7.

Kaz

I for one am tired of the home court talk also.  Wartburg is 3-4 in championship games at wartburg in the boys and 3-2 in them in girls.  I say the Oakdale team will win the consolation game due to having more solid ball handling. Wartburg is pretty young and from what I hear they will be getting 5 or 6 pretty nice freshmen next year so they will be back to their form sooner than later.  In this one I'll take Oakdale 39 WB 34

Oneida will beat O.S. by less than 5 but I believe they will win.  West has done a great job and will again tonight.  

Still you have to look at the last 4 years with wartburg winning 3 of 4 championships as an accomplishment.  I'm not about to take credit for their success away from the coach and kids.  Home court may play a role but it doesn't lead to 3 in 4 years.

A quick note to Oneida fan - you come off like a bunch of crybabies and p's when all you do is gripe about where the tourney is. Your programs need to Watch and see how coalfield handles it.  We are coming to win it and don't care where we play! Wartburg's time is up!

Wartburg vs. Oakdale:

Oakdale played much better than anticipated against OS, but it won't mean much as Wartburg is on their own floor. (been beaten to death,,,won't go there)  Wartburg actually played well the other night against Oneida, they just got beat by a team with more parts that are better than theirs.  I see this being close for a half and then Wartburg slowly edges away in the end.  Wartburg by 12.

Oneida vs. OS

These are the two best teams in the district this year.  I'm sure Coach West watched intently as OS almost self destructed against Oakdale.  Now if he can get lucky and hope the Lady Bobcats continue their sluggish play. (not likely)  I can't remember the last time we didn't get a teams best game.  I'd expect that tonight too!!  Still, gonna ride the girls in a tough battle.  Oneida by 7.

Kaz

Watched the Oneida / OS girls tonight for the 4A District Championship. It was a game of runs. The first one was Oneida's I believe they got up by as many as 10 to 13 then OS came back and tied it at the half at 28. The second half was back and forth until OS went up by 11 I think it was. Oneida would not go away with 7 seconds left Oneida had a clear shot for three with time running out  it rimed out and OS won 56 to 53.

Great game to watch two solid teams. Good luck to both in the first round of the regional, both are playing on their home court Friday 2/21 night at 7:00 pm

Regional tournament schedule:

Oneida hosts Tellico

Oliver Springs host Harriman

Meigs Co host Wartburg

Grace Christian hosts Oakdale