Districts 3 & 4 region 2

Ladyramshoop

The fact that a Van Buren team played within 7 & 5 pts of Jackson County with a total sophomore starting lineup can attest to the uncertainty of the Sub-States upcoming. While it will be a long shot, Van Buren and little old Silverdale (23-1) whose starting soph post is only 5'9'', will have the opportunity to face off against CR & JC to see who goes to the Murph. And before the JC folks get up in arms and say NO CHANCE, keep in mind that I said these are long shots.

I can tell you that the talent in the Chattanooga area is up and coming. There are very few seniors on any of the top teams in the area, with most teams starting 3-4 Fresh/Soph this season. 2015 & 2016 teams will be much stronger than the present class and the previous couple of years. If 90% of the 6'0'' girls in the area were not solely focused on volleyball, that would also help.

I like how you already know who is going to be in the substate before it even happens.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Championship Game was exciting to watch too.  I have no sour grapes....OS played pretty well and managed to stay in the lead once they got there in the 2nd half.  I think our girls need to realize it takes all the parts to accomplish the things we want as a team.  We have to do a better job of showing up from this point forward.  Cause when you don't....your done.

Oakdale was stretched a little thin last night.....I assume the OS game took what little fight they had left out of them.  Wartburg is playing much better now.....only problem is their reward is Meigs Co.  Oh well. go 'Dogs.

Kazzy 

Ok,  Here we go!!!!  Region 2A starts tomorrow night.  Big win for the Lady Rams defeating #3 State ranked Meigs County and taking the District 3A crown for the second straight year.  District 3A has three strong teams in Grace, Meigs, and Tellico Plains. I think it will play out like this, and remember just my humble opinion:

First round

Grace over Oakdale

Meigs over Wartburg

Oneida over Tellico 

O S over Harriman

Semi-finals

Grace over Oneida

Meigs over Oliver Springs

Final

Will be another great game

All the first round games......I would tend to agree with you.  The middle two games will be closer than you think.  I think the next games in the semis will be much closer than anyone anticipates.  I think they will both be hotly contested and they will both be nail biters.  Everyone better stay focused on one game......because if you get caught looking ahead your gonna get a short ride....!  If the semis end up like you say, there will be two great games that night at Wartburg.....worth the price of admission.

Kaz

All the first round games......I would tend to agree with you.  The middle two games will be closer than you think.  I think the next games in the semis will be much closer than anyone anticipates.  I think they will both be hotly contested and they will both be nail biters.  Everyone better stay focused on one game......because if you get caught looking ahead your gonna get a short ride....!  If the semis end up like you say, there will be two great games that night at Wartburg.....worth the price of admission.

Kaz

I believe the two semi final games will be good ones. I totally agree that at this point in the season you cannot look past anyone. I think the best game by far tonight will be Tellico at Oneida. This is a strong first round region match-up.

I think so too.....but I expect the Indians to get by them.  They beat the same group last year without their best player on the court.  Now she is back, and although we have had some off nights, usually our crew brings it.  TP is certainly good as they finished the season in second place ahead of Grace and behind Meigs.  The girls know they got to bring it.

Kaz

They have their moments but are definitely the weakest team left still playing.  PG is solid but they don't have much size inside.  Scrappy little bunch but I wouldn't think they can hang with you for more than 3 quarters.  That close game they gave OS was "one of them nights".  Good Luck.

Kaz

They have their moments but are definitely the weakest team left still playing.  PG is solid but they don't have much size inside.  Scrappy little bunch but I wouldn't think they can hang with you for more than 3 quarters.  That close game they gave OS was "one of them nights".  Good Luck.

Kaz

Thanks good luck to y'all tonight

Well, that was an adventure.  TP lives and dies on that 3-point shot.....they made 7.  However, they made four of them in the first half, and the girls just didn't panic and chipped away til they got the lead before halftime.  Other than getting a little sloppy with the ball and the uneven officiating (at one time the fouls in the second half was 8-1) and I thought TP was given a lot of leeway with their hand checking.  I'm not saying Oneida wasn't guilty too, they were just calling them on one team.  Still we played a very good team last night and won.....congrads to TP on their season.

GCA get to looking ahead?  I am surprised at the score, but I guess Coach Snow went down with both guns ablazing! :huh: Good for him....and his team.

Kaz

Sheesh.....you make a comment and there you go.  I said it was uneven....not nessesarily bad.  TP had to start getting aggressive on defense late so the foul situation evened out in the end.  Our PG got sandwiched on one play knocking her to the ground still dribbling the ball and the whistle blew way late....she had gotten back up before the toot!!  It was a good game, as I said we got a little sloppy late.  Troll somewhere else Old School.....you don't have to make being a tool so obvious.

Kaz