2013 Big7 Conference champs will be.....

blazer1set

TENNESSEE   HIGH !!                 Look, I am NOT a Vikings fan by any means, and I know that D-B and Science Hill fans are going to shred this thread, which is ok, that's what football msg boards are all about, making predictions.     TH appears to have all the offensive tools to put a lot of points on the board in a hurry.     I see D-B and Science Hill battling out for the #2 spot in the conference.      Keep in mind that playoffs are a whole different matter because TH is 5A and D-B/SH are 6A.

What yall think??

TH did look very good. Very fast- In order to beat SH and DB they will need to develop a running game. They didn't have much of one against Volunteer but they also did not have to. I would rank them as follows

DB/SH/TH (any one of these could win the conference)

Pretty steep drop from the top 3 teams then

Volunteer

Crockett

Boone

Then

Central. TSSAA should be run out of town for not letting them play down

Edited by tosssweep

Before everybody gets to excited just remember DB is a "very" young team this year. Clark and staff have used up most of their scrimmage time evaluating players. I think your going to see a different team when the conference games come around. Having said that looks like DB, TH,& SH will be more evenly matched this year. I can't pick a winner but history says to lean toward DB.

What's up with Daniel Boone?  I asked this in the DB thread earlier this morning, but was Crockett really better than them at the Jamboree?  I figured Crockett would come out "guns a blazin" but was Boone not playing their starters?

Crockett came out fired up and ready to play but Bonne's biggest problem is playmakers. The QB cannot throw it very good and if he could there really isn't anybody to catch it. The Bacon kid is a good back but that looks to be all they have.  

TH did look very good. Very fast- In order to beat SH and DB they will need to develop a running game. They didn't have much of one against Volunteer but they also did not have to. I would rank them as follows

Volunteer

Crockett

Boone

Then

Volunteer

Crockett

Boone

Then

If they keep Sir Shuff in the backfield, they'll have their running game.  He scored a td on one of his two carries last night, but it was called back due to a penalty.  The kid has decent speed and good size and strength at 190lbs.  He's only a Soph.  The other backs have good speed, but they're very small.

I agree with you on Central.  They just looked anemic last night.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Honestly I don't know. I talked to a fellow DB fan on another post and we have different opinions on what offense we should run. But, I still think we should run our Georgia Tech offense because our line is supposed to be our strong suit. I think Holt is fast enough to run it and honestly I thought at one point and time Chris Cook was too slow to run it. I feel like with the spread, we may struggle with it because we have no speed at Wide Receiver and we did not block for nothing against Greeneville or Maryville. We are running the spread and if it works, I will gladly eat crowe and admit I am wrong. But all in all, I think that the Conference is up for grabs in my opinion....

It's a three team race and how DB,TH and SH matchup during the season will determine the championship.I don't see a clear front- runner at this point.

I would like TN High's chances a lot better if they can make improvements to their defense.  Their offense has put up a lot of points in the preseason, but they've had two track meets with Greeneville and Union.  Both of those teams have really great offenses also, but still.