Oakland v, Riverdale

hardtackle needs to stop drinking the red coolaid! You have not been around the Warrior program for very long have you! Because if you were you would know the facts!!!

I can not believe that you so called Riverdale fans think Rankin was the reason for all the success. Players were the reason. That is why he left.The talent was not going to be the same. He has done nothing at Alcoa that others have not done before him and will do after he has gone. I know more than you think. You would be surprised if I was a former Riverdale player. Have lived in the Boro for a long time. You guys that jump on LOD's wagon do nothing to help the football program. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not matter what is said on here! Or it should not any way! It all started with Rankin! Discipline, the work ethic in the weight room etc.... you have to know how to harvest the talent and where to put it on the field to do well with it! A school with well over 2000 in it should have at least 100 on that side line! You are right you have to have talent but like I said you also have to know how and where to use it as well! There is more talent then is coming out for football in that school! These other guy's on here have seen it first hand and know! You have seen the lack of discipline since Coach A has taken over. It does not take a Coach or rocket science to see this program slide the way it has! I have given alot of time and money to this program over the years! This is my opinion and like you am entitled to it! We all do not see things the same way! I myself enjoyed not only Coach Rankin but all the coaches that were on his staff! Wyant, Britton, Gardner, Snow, both Coach Macs, Breeden, Thomas, Davis ,White, Fields etc... all great guy's and great coaches! The staff and players were the reason they were so darn good!

Other than personal attacks on me, I see NO reasons from Hardtackle for the short coming of the team.

OK here are some FACTS for you. The year before we got Coach A we had 6 (SIX) complete offensive lines alone. This does not include the 4 (FOUR) complete Defensive lines. The school was SMALLER then also!

We won because we had a better weight program than anyone else and enough kids to play complete games. Today our team was sucking wind before the first half even ended. Add to this the fact NO team is intimidated by R'dale anymore due to the constant choking, inept play calling and almost total lack of preparation for a pass game. Either using it or defending against it.

Now do we even have two lines TOTAL?

As to watching practice, I DID until I couldn't stomach it anymore. Most of the time the entire team was just standing around with what few coaches were there had their heads implanted into their 4th point of contact!

Oh Hardtackle, care to explain the SMALL size of the Coaching staff?  That has NOTHING to do with the size of the school.

Before we had a staff of 20 or so Coaches.  Most were VOLUNTEER coaches that were here because they wanted to learn from a couple of our Coaches.

Also how big is the FRESHMAN Coaching staff?  Why the almost TOTAL lack of attention to it?  Well he does raid it for fresh meat to throw on a VARSITY game they are NOT prepared for.

Keep poking me with a stick.  The one thing Coach A does well is provide FACTS why he keeps LOSING!

At least three schools in the county need more coaches on staff.  This doesn't necessarily reflect the state of the program.  Its more about the county cutting down on teaching positions at schools, you can't hire a coach without a teaching position.

I believe LOD was referring to volunteer coaches and you don't have to have a teaching position to be a volunteer coach like Gerald griffin is now for riverdale or an Alex Robbins who was at smyrna and blackman

Personally like Aydelott.  I think he's got a lot to overcome this season and it will be a real test.  He's a proven winner and has his team in position every season.  Outside of maybe Alcoa and Maryville, every program has peaks and valleys.

On a different topic, LOD, I will have one of your idols on my show Friday afternoon.  We will interview Head Coach Gary Rankin from Alcoa during the 4-5 pm hour on 93.9 the Duck.  I'll ask him about his days at Riverdale.  You can catch the live stream at 939theDuck.com