Smyrna v. LaVergne

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if this is not more of an indication of how bad the LHS defense is than any sort of revelation about a new improved Smyrna team.  Smyrna couldn't score a single point on Riverdale in 1/2 of a (sort of) game... Riverdale was totally exposed by OHS who could have scored 60 easily if they wanted.  Siegel put up video game numbers on LHS at the jamboree and turned around and got blown out in their first game.  This is the scary part for Lavergne: when this current senior class was in 9th grade (after the QB C.J. went out for the year early in the first game) it may have been one of the worst freshman teams in football history.  Most games were blowout shutouts and if I heard right, some games they didn't even make a single first down.

If anything happens to CJ this year, tonight will only be a small sample of the utter misery they will be in for. 

I would have to say a little bit of both. Look at lavergne's second half stats. 2 positive yards for the half. Only one first down. I would have to say Smyrna has improved. We looked more physical. And we did some things that we couldnt do last year including against Lavergne. Like run the ball between the tackles and the defense was able to get off of the field on third down. Lavergne's speed and height at the reciever position seemed not to bother us. Remember the Bulldogs struggled against this team last year. As for Lavergne they have Stewarts creek. From what I saw last night SC has a shot. If SC does pull out the win look for Lavergne to fold up the tent the show will be over. Having said all of this I am a realist. I understand that Lavergne is not a powerhouse and my Bulldogs can't hang their hat on this win. Don't believe the hype. Get back to work correct the mistakes. There were plenty of them. Get ready for next week.

Edited by milo118

If you can put enough heat on a QB, he might have Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin at WR but not able to get it to them.

There were probably a few people ready to predict Titans vs. Smyrna in the Super Bowl after last night when in reality the Titans are now still sub-.500 in the pre-season and LHS has now been exposed twice as a team that can have video game type numbers hung on them on a regular basis.

26-1!

LaVergne couldn't beat a PATHETIC 1-9 team last year so why would they believe otherwise this year? The Wolverines are the biggest joke of a football program ever. They will never win a state championship in football as long as I'm alive, let alone beat Smyrna again.

And how about that classy move in 2004? Dumping a dead Bulldog in our parking lot before the game we played that year? Or how about when they ran their cars all over our yard trying to ruin it? Classless. Sore losers. Sucks to suck huh?