IMAC (2-AAA) Week 0 Predictions

motownanddown

Cocke County at Gatlinburg-Pittman: The Big Red travel up to Gatlinburg for what most years would seem like a one sided matchup, but after seeing CC in the jamboree it may not be as easy for GP as most would think. I don't know what GP has this year so I can't make the most informed guess, but going off of what I know about both programs, I'd say The Highlanders come away with this one.

Prediction: GP 35 CC 14

Seymour at Sullivan North: Seymour had a down year last year and are looking to improve.  They did have some quality young players at the skill positions a year ago and that experience should help them improve in this year's campaign.

Prediction Seymour 24 SN 10

West Greene at Morristown East: East is coming off one of the worst seasons in school history and would certainly love to put that in their past, and got off to a solid start in the Jamboree with some explosive plays against Jeff in the Jamboree to give them a 14-0 win. West Green is always physical and hard-nosed but I don't know if they have the athletes to keep up with the canes.

Prediction Mo East 28 WG 13

Cherokee at Sullivan South: Cherokee is coming off a very up and down season, while South is fresh off its move down to 4A. This game is an intriguing matchup and could depend on how fast Cherokee's young offense can acclimate themselves to game situations.

Prediction: SS 21 Cherokee 17 

Whitley County(KY) at Morristown West: West looked talented but unpolished in the jamboree, with some great athletic plays but a few bad snaps and a fumble. They've also got a stable of young running backs who will get better and better as the year goes on, but early on they may have to lean on the passing game a little more than they're used to, but having a returning starter at QB will help ease that transition. As far as Whitley co. is concerned, everything I've read shows that they're a historically middle of the road 5A Kentucky squad and rely on the run heavily, which plays right into the Trojan's defensive MO. West has been holding out 3 of their best defensive players who were injured so it will be interesting to see how fast they can get into game speed.

Prediction MW 31 WC 14

Bearden at Sevier County: Probably this weeks most anticipated matchup involving a team from the IMAC, 2 traditionally strong 6A squads will face off. Sevier's defense will see a familiar foe in former Morristown West and current Bearden RB Malachi Horton. Horton was able to rush for 160 yards and 2 TDs on a bad ankle against Sevier last year, but the Bears offense overshadowed that with a 42 point showing against the West defense.  When Horton is healthy he can break for 300 on any given night (he did it twice last year), so Sevier Co will have it's work cut out slowing Horton down and trying to rack up points.  Horton and the Bearden oline along with SC's young receiving core will be the key in this matchup.

Prediction Bearden 35 SC 31

Those are my thoughts, feel free to tell me if you think I'm completely off.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP score I agree with they have look good, running and passing 21-7 over seymour in jam. So the Seymour SN game I think is reversed.  Then watching the bears in Jam, they are fast and can score quick, I give them the edge.  GP 41-14.  Sullivan N  24-14   Morristown E  31-7   SS 21-10  MWest 31-28  Sevier co. bears win this one 42-28 thier running game is much improved.

Gatlinburg should pull out a victory.  Gatlinburg 42  Cocke County 14

Seymour will be better if they can control the turnovers. I think they do enough to edge this one out.    Seymour 28 Sullivan North 20

Morristown East should improve from last year. Morr. East 45 West Green 14.

Morristown West will have a very slow and run efficient game with Whitley but will come out short

in this one.  Morristown West 17 Whitley(KY) 21.

Cherokees will be a surprise in this week winning in the last drive. Kees 21 Sullivan So. 17.

Sevier County and Bearden, Sevier County 38 Bearden 28. who has there offense more in tune to hold the ball will win this one.

How's West look this year? I'm interested in week one matchup between GREENEVILLE and west? We are pretty darn good this year

West looks about as good as any year. Stout defense 3 excellent LBs a strong experienced secondary, young but talented on offense, 2 sophmore rbs who can make some big plays, big strong TE and some speed at WR

.Morristown West will have a very slow and run efficient game with Whitley but will come out short

in this one.  Morristown West 17 Whitley(KY) 21.

I'm curious what you're basing this prediction on? Last year Whitley lost 40-13 to Harlan Co. West beat that same Harlan team 35-25. I know they're 2 different teams last year but I don't that drastic a drop off for West or that big an improvement from Whitley. 

I'm curious what you're basing this prediction on? Last year Whitley lost 40-13 to Harlan Co. West beat that same Harlan team 35-25. I know they're 2 different teams last year but I don't that drastic a drop off for West or that big an improvement from Whitley. 

I would like to ask you the same question.  What do you base your predictions on?  I'm sure you are familiar with the situation at Morristown West but I am curious to know how much you know about the roster's of other teams in the conference.

I would like to ask you the same question.  What do you base your predictions on?  I'm sure you are familiar with the situation at Morristown West but I am curious to know how much you know about the roster's of other teams in the conference.

I do probably know the most about West and East and quite a bit about Jeff county too. Most of my other predictions are based off of what i saw last year and years passed in the conference, and what I hear from fans about scrimmages and practices. I'm in no way an expert, just giving my 2 cents on how I think teams in the conference will do.

K , To answer my reasoning on my pick of Whitley Co. 21 - Mo.West 17.  Upon you're middle of the road status of Whitley Co. They did reach the second round of the playoffs in KY. Seems to be a bit better then Middle of The Road. Maybe past history but last year was not middle of the pack. Harlen Co. almost reached the state final in 5a. Congrats on the win against them last year.

In the transfer of Malachi Horton which had 200+ yds rushing against Harlem Co. Who does West have that can duplicate those numbers. So until week one is played I do think West will take a big step back this year compared to last year.  Projecting a winner in this game with blind faith on Whitley Co. is a flip of a coin. They was Heads and West was Tails. Sorry the coin toss didn't favor MoWest...  Whitley 21 MoWest 17     But if MoWest wins then I will gladly come on here and say good call.. U was a better guesser then I was.. And glad u have a good Runningback replacement for the loss of Horton.

K , To answer my reasoning on my pick of Whitley Co. 21 - Mo.West 17.  Upon you're middle of the road status of Whitley Co. They did reach the second round of the playoffs in KY. Seems to be a bit better then Middle of The Road. Maybe past history but last year was not middle of the pack. Harlen Co. almost reached the state final in 5a. Congrats on the win against them last year.

In the transfer of Malachi Horton which had 200+ yds rushing against Harlem Co. Who does West have that can duplicate those numbers. So until week one is played I do think West will take a big step back this year compared to last year.  Projecting a winner in this game with blind faith on Whitley Co. is a flip of a coin. They was Heads and West was Tails. Sorry the coin toss didn't favor MoWest...  Whitley 21 MoWest 17     But if MoWest wins then I will gladly come on here and say good call.. U was a better guesser then I was.. And glad u have a good Runningback replacement for the loss of Horton.

Fair enough, who knows you may be right. I just don't see them taking that big a step back even without Horton. The passing game will be much improved which will lighten the load on the young backs and open up running lanes. Remember in 2011 West didn't have any RBs rush for more than 500 yards and went 11-2. 

GP score I agree with they have look good, running and passing 21-7 over seymour in jam. So the Seymour SN game I think is reversed.  Then watching the bears in Jam, they are fast and can score quick, I give them the edge.  GP 41-14.  Sullivan N  24-14   Morristown E  31-7   SS 21-10  MWest 31-28  Sevier co. bears win this one 42-28 thier running game is much improved.

The news of the invention of the forward pass has not made it to Sullivan North.  If Seymour can pack 'em in the box and stop the run right off the tackles and the sweep to the wide side of the field, they will stop the Raiders cold.  That's all North has and all they do.  North will throw the ball maybe 4 times a game.  Good gravy they should be easy to defend.