Week 0 Huntingdon at Obion County

KermitDeeFrog

I didnt see a forum for this in the 2A or 4A board so I thought I'd make the topic.  

The Huntingdon Mustangs finished last season 12-3 ending the season losing in the state championship to Gordonsville.

Obion County had a struggle last season going 2-8.

However every year can be different and Huntingdon lost a lot of key players last year.  They have also got some great playmakers back as well as some people looking to step it up.

So who do you got and why???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obion County has some decent size up front, and to be quite honest, they had more success against our starting front 7 than Dickson County or Milan. Or at least early in the scrimmage they did. They actually scored the first touchdown of the night and then had a 2nd good drive going that was stalled by a fumble. That may not mean much since it was a scrimmage and we didn't gameplan for their misdirection, but still an interesting note.

They didn't appear to have a ton of speed on defense, and they missed their only extra point attempt of the night. Their style of play could do well in terms of shortening games, but the Mustangs live for that kind of ball.

I'll take Huntingdon by 2 or 3 scores.

Edited by MSURacer