5A Playoffs EAST vs WEST

VolunteerGeneral

It`s interesting to note that if you take a look at the 5A playoffs the the top bracket (regions 1-4) have no undefeated teams and only one team (Riverdale) that only lost 1 game.

In the bottom bracket (regions 5-8) there are 3 undefeated teams (JCM, Gallatin, and Germantown) and two teams with 1 loss (Franklin and Brentwood).

that Riverdale has one of if not the easiest roads to the championship of any contender in the state. I'm going to talk about the west right now, but...if Riverdale doesn't make it to the championship, who will???

Let's see here: All the teams with a legitimate chance to play Riverdale in the Semi's would be King DB, OR, and Ooltewah. Before the Semi's get here, I see Riverdale spanking Lincoln Co this time around, getting by Oakland again inRd 2--maybe the toughest match-up until the finals,and who knows who they will play in the 3rd Rd--but..they should that contest with some ease as well.

I don't like to look ahead by any means, but I would LOVE to see Gallatin travel to JCM. I remember going to those games in the early 90s and it is a great environment down there. Not to mention it is closer than Germantown. ;)

It would be absolutely ideal!

[Edited by just1np on 11-2-02 8:57A]

It looks to be a great playoff this yearfor JCM. Two of JCM biggest playoff rivals would have to be Germantown and Gallatin. I to would Love to see a JCM vs Gallatin Semi match-up. I remember so great games in the late 80'searly 90's and the best games I've ever seen between them in the late 70's. Go Cougars Go!

You know, i have said it before and i will say it again. The reason no 1 is undefeated in the east is because the level of competiton is so much higher over here. Everyone in the west is either undefeated or has lost one game, or has won only a few games. In the east, everybody matches up and anybody can win on any given night. I think that there are several team from the east right now that could win it all, over all undefeated teams in the west.