What's this I hear about Bray at Blackman this year, suspension?

oldblazedad

It appears that when you hide behind a cloak of anonymity, you can throw all the stones and cheap shots you want.

The anonymous keyboard cops can rest assured that Blackman's program will be just fine. 

Bray is a great coach and in this man's opinion, it can be argued that the dead period rule was not clearly spelled out in the TSSAA handbook.  Go search the handbook for the word "Monday" and see what you get. Then search the word "Sunday".

Yes, he was guilty of breaking the rule.  Cheating?  No way. 

As some have inferred, you all know very well that rule bending and rule breaking is happening all over this state because of the crazy restrictions placed on wrestling.  I could help Sommers with his list if I chose to.  But what I don't understand is the proactive folks who are calling the TSSAA and "ratting out" their competitors. 

In this instance, anyone who was there would clearly tell you that Blackman did not get further ahead or receive an unfair advantage because Bray was there. 

Some people evidently have never learned what to do with their sour grapes.

Taking a shot? I only stated facts! This rule seems dumb and is dumb. Coach Bray seems like a good guy and has done a great job with his program. What I gather from the article is that his school punished him not TSSAA. I do not consider this cheating and did not warrant this punishment. But it is a rule. Why did all the other coaches leave and follow the rules? How many kids needed a ride and the coach was unable to because of the dumb rule? Tape on a headgear is a dumb rule, but it is a rule,and everyone follows the rule. Why? Because the rules say so and no one wants to be penalized.

But i believe the school punishment is a build up of the other issues Blackman has had. Having an assistant coach running an AAU club and practice does warrant a harsh penalty and is considered cheating. This is a complete disadvantage to any team that follows the rules.

Taking a shot? I only stated facts! This rule seems dumb and is dumb. Coach Bray seems like a good guy and has done a great job with his program. What I gather from the article is that his school punished him not TSSAA. I do not consider this cheating and did not warrant this punishment. But it is a rule. Why did all the other coaches leave and follow the rules? How many kids needed a ride and the coach was unable to because of the dumb rule? Tape on a headgear is a dumb rule, but it is a rule,and everyone follows the rule. Why? Because the rules say so and no one wants to be penalized.

But i believe the school punishment is a build up of the other issues Blackman has had. Having an assistant coach running an AAU club and practice does warrant a harsh penalty and is considered cheating. This is a complete disadvantage to any team that follows the rules.

So whats your real grievance?  You clearly want to stir the sizzlit!

Do you really give a sizzlit whether someone has tape on their head gear or a high school coach sits and watches D1 coaches coach his kids....this is so petty and minor ,,,,yet a few folks want to pour some fuel on it at the expense of my friend... And you think "All good points" which implies All good comments?!

Who are you? You new to the board? ...or just hiding behind a new name? Does Bray know who you are? Simple questions unless you are impaired in some way......well are you?

CC,,,sends...

With Heath coaching this team they will be in trouble but then again I don't support Bray either. Why could they not find a better coach to step in and help this talented team.  What a shame!!! Cheaters never win!!!!

Why don't you and your equally retarded friend Sizzshit coach them?....Ya'll know where Blackman is? You know what Bray looks like? Do everyone a favor and go tap Bray out and fix things....

Lee Deckelman

The TSSAA job is to enforce the rules they don't make them.  It is my understanding that the rules are made by high school administrators.  So if you don't like the rules have your AD or Principals change them.  However, if you break the rules or even bend them be ready for the consequences.  Isn't that what our coaches are supposed to be teaching their wrestlers and setting good examples? 

I don't really know Coach Bray and I'm sure he's the most wonderful coach in the world, BUT he is responsible for his actions and if he is being disiplined by his principal then he probably did something he shouldn't have.  Not saying he's a bad person but it is the coaches responsibility to know the rules.

Not understanding the TSSAA rule I asked and was told that the dead period exists so that administrators and other year-round staff could be given a break during the summer and not the result of athletes being overworked. Does this sound like a rule that is in place to look out for the competitor? If Coach Bray admitted he made a mistake, why all the talk? I am assuming all of you who are sanctimoniously commenting on Coach Bray's violation have never broken a rule in your life... Hopefully talking about his error makes you feel better about being so righteous! Aren't there a number of real-life travesties going on you angelic individuals can put your efforts into? I mean really!!! Get a life!

csemary, our well spoken friend from the right side, These kids just desired a chance to be with the Best there is within several hours drive of midTn. They wanted to better themselves, but needed additional transportation as it ends up thus hurting to some degree thru 2013 - as admin intervenes once again thwarting a stronger Blackman start...

From an old wise one near you, once said...

"Any rule that penalizes a kid for making what they believe to be the right decision for their future is wrong in my mind. In no way do these rules benefit student athletes. These rules are for the benefit of adults; administrations and coaches. If that is what you want then you are happy. Call it whining, moaning, or whatever else you want but rules that penalize teenagers for important decisions that may positively impact the rest of their lives seem wrong to me."

Why don't you and your equally retarded friend Sizzshit coach them?....Ya'll know where Blackman is? You know what Bray looks like? Do everyone a favor and go tap Bray out and fix things....

Lee Deckelman

They would do a better job then Heath could. I have never been impressed with his coaching. I was not impressed with his youth or middle school teams. I assume Bray did not have much to choose from, when he picked Heath. Blackman really!!!!

Everybody wants to kick the guy in the butt who is carrying the mail. Why is this? You have a coach who is obviously passionate about his program. A coach who wants to be there for his kids and for his parents and what does he get for it? ridicule from people who dont have a clue about  coach Bray as a person or as a coach. Its a shame really. These are the exact same reasons that its difficult to get people involved with tennessee wrestling when we need them. Anyone who has carried the mail before knows what I'm talking about. So little appreciation( by some) for our coaches and assistents and volunteers of our communities. Coach Bray cares about his kids, cares about his parents and cares about his community. I can say that i have been fortunate enough to have been able to spend time with coach Bray and while my son doesnt wrestle for Blackman, He has had the privelage of being coached and trained by Bray in the past and I can honestly say that I know that the good folks up there in the Boro appreciate what they have and will stand behind him because thats what he does for their children.

I completely disagree with the rule!

Did Ronnie really say "I thought the dead period started on a Monday", or is that a misprint?

The "dead period" is a joke.

I don't like the rule, nor do I like the suspension for Coach Bray. Not bashing him or what he did, at all.

I coached for wrestling and football for over 15 years at the HS and MS level in TN. I may be wrong, but the dead period has always started on a Sunday to my knowledge.

This topic is very confusing. Are the 3 or 4 people defending Coach Bray, because they feel his character is being attacked and that a rule is dumb? Do people feel like Blackman, has not cheated?

3 or 4 people are pointing to one minor violation of the multiple violations. Look at the TSSAA website.

Having high school coaches, coaching in the offseason is a CLEAR violation! Having practices with your own assistants coaches running the show is against the rules. That is taking advantage of every school following the rules.

My son graduated 3 years ago, this would have been a disadvantage to him and any other kid that has a coach that followed the rules. Is it because his coach did not care about him or the other kids? His coach was following the rules set in front of him so he would not be suspended from coaching. Yes we paid a bunch of money to send him to other camps but Blackman's kids went for free to have their own High School Assistants, coaching them.