Science Hill @ Greeneville scrimmage

BVDevil

2011 key was the phantom holding call on Hall's run inside the 10 that made us settle for a FG. 14-10 we had to cross the 50 at least 2 times.

Nope, 1 time West fumbled on their own 25 and Greeneville still settled for a field goal, the only time they physically crossed the 50 was on Shuffler's 80 yard run

Edited by motownanddown

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent, a little bit of banter going on in this thread. What i was hoping for, only not by the people i was hoping for. oh well, i'll take it. MoTownandow, im not putting any stock into what happened the last two games with you guys. Clearly both of those games could have had different outcomes, but they didn't. To the victor goes the spoils.. You guys retain bragging rights until the "lil devils" as dbfan calls us, takes them away. I personally think that will be next friday at Burk-Tarr, but we shall see. As for DBfan, i suppose he has the right to call us "lil devils" as his team holds a 29-4 record over us, or whatever it is. That said, regardless of classification, regardless of past records and even regardless of the butt kicking we FINALLYwere able to give out in the scrimmage, the only thing that really matters to me is how MY team does this season. Good luck to the injuns this season, some of the parents that came down for the scrimmage told me it should be a long one by DB standards. Oh and best of luck to all those D1 kids you guys produce every year too. Clearly those fellas have meant a lot to the DB trophy case lately, but i do wish them loads of luck at UT and wherever else they all went to this year and lastly, to the WestGreene fan who always likes to chime in about Greeneville. Ive said it once and i'll say it again for the last time, Good luck winning that milk can this year, looks like SG might be a bit better than last and it should be a GREAT game for all the milk...ps,like us, love us or HATE us, we play for marbles not milk in town.

Edited by BVDevil

Update on the scrimmage. 2 game condition quarters minus kick and punt returns. 1's vs 1's Greeneville 27  Science Hill 0.  Greeneville 2's give up a touchdown with seconds left in the half overall score at the half Gville 27 SH 7. Gville 1's had 2 turnovers inside the Toppers 10yd line score could have easily been GHS 41 SH 0.  This could be a great season for us and it starts for real next Friday at Burke-Toney. Cant Wait. The defense looked very strong tonight limiting SH 1's to 2 first downs.  

I don't know the totals but he had to be somewhere around 75- 100 yds. Just a rough estimate. Maybe BVD can give us a more accurate yardage total.

not sure on the yardage for DJ, it was a " poke full " though, as my papaw use to say. If I was forced to guess, i'd guess he had at the very minimum 100 yards. Dabbs also had good rushing totals with the ones and Finch's first td pass was right on the noggin perfect. Not to mention it being 4th and pretty much goal from their own 20 or so. i'd be interested to see the ardage totals for the ones. Im TOTALLY guessing here, but I would say with the ones, Greeneville had to have close to 350-400 and sh less than 100 but those are total guesses, I left in the third because I forgot my BP medication and starting getting a nasty headache....see yall next Friday in MOTOWN