Henry County hosts Liberty Tech

fastcat

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Kevin, my fault, I was thinking you was talking in a negative way about the depth. I agree with you about the past two games. But have you seen the Freshman QB? am I the only one that is impressed with him so far? I also was impressed with the overall speed we had last night.

No worries I can see where my wording may have been a little missleading, by freshman QB I am assuming you mean #11, he seems ok from what I have seen, pretty much a younger version of #17.....

Ok Kevin, my fault, I was thinking you was talking in a negative way about the depth. I agree with you about the past two games. But have you seen the Freshman QB? am I the only one that is impressed with him so far? I also was impressed with the overall speed we had last night.

He's a good player. Tossed two touchdown passes in the freshman team's win the other night, and he's also getting regular reps with the varsity. It's not unreasonable to think he can battle for the starting spot next year as a sophomore.

No worries I can see where my wording may have been a little missleading, by freshman QB I am assuming you mean #11, he seems ok from what I have seen, pretty much a younger version of #17.....

#11's a junior.

If you went to any of our preseason scrimmages, the freshman was the 3rd on the depth chart (wearing #24 I think). 

I'm sure he meant it in a good way. It will definitely be a positive factor. 

As for last night's game, conditioning and depth played a noticeable role in the 4th quarter, but I saw an HC team that really turned up the intensity for the whole 2nd half outside of giving up the one kickoff return. Idk if it was a particular adjustment we made at halftime or if the coaches just lit a fire under the players, but it was almost like a different team came out to start the 3rd quarter.

As has been said, we were pretty flat in the 1st half. Off-target passes that we've been hitting all preseason, not setting the edge as well as we could've, uncharacteristic penalties that helped sustain drives for Liberty, etc. There were plenty of mistakes for both sides. Liberty deserves credit for having a good gameplan and coming out fired up, but you could tell it was week 0 for both teams.

true statement...HCs depth solidified the win...liberty had 2 linemen out that forced other guys to play both ways which in the end killed us...i think we could have pushed that game to the final possession and whoever had the ball last type of situation if they had been available

alas it was not to be

2 years in a row u boys have come from behind at half against us...eventually i would expect our guys to remember that

good luck in the coming weeks HC