District 3AAA Picks

ET1979

So, no faith in Powell, Oak Ridge, or Central huh. I picked CAK over Powell but only because of the loss they suffered this week. It has been a long time since Powell has had to deal with a loss like that and they may not be over it. I think they have a shot at winning this one just not sure if they will have difficulty putting that one behind them.

I have to see Oak Ridge lose one before I pick against them. I have seen Farragut scrimmage this tear and do not believe that they will be better than Oak Ridge.

I find it hard to pick a Jeff County team that is replacing a lot up front to beat Central with the three backs they have. Does anyone know how Central looked in the scrimmages against Farragut and South Doyle?

I think Clinton can win but They are going to have to get some pressure up front to do so. The qb at Seymour is pretty good. He threw for 300 yds and 5tds (5 different receivers) this week.

I think Powell CAN beat CAK, but the two reasons I picked CAK are....

1. Powell will have to be able to get their heads right after a huge loss. Nobody can really say how they'll respond.

2. Powell has a brand new defensive secondary this year, and we all know CAK will air it out. If Powell can't pressure the Qb it may me a long night.

The reason I took Jeff Co. is due to the size and ability of their line. Central is normally weak at the line of scrimmage. If you can't block, your three backs won't do you any good.

Farragut over OR due to Farragut having a game under their belts. They've had a chance to work out some kinks where OR hasn't

My issue with Clinton....depth. They gave AC a game for a half, then the mavs overwhelmed the dragons

Edited by powellphoto

I think Powell CAN beat CAK, but the two reasons I picked CAK are....

1. Powell will have to be able to get their heads right after a huge loss. Nobody can really say how they'll respond.

2. Powell has a brand new defensive secondary this year, and we all know CAK will air it out. If Powell can't pressure the Qb it may me a long night.

The reason I took Jeff Co. is due to the size and ability of their line. Central is normally weak at the line of scrimmage. If you can't block, your three backs won't do you any good.

Farragut over OR due to Farragut having a game under their belts. They've had a chance to work out some kinks where OR hasn't

My issue with Clinton....depth. They gave AC a game for a half, then the mavs overwhelmed the dragons

I agree with your Powell-CAK assessment. None of the kids on Powell's roster have ever had a pounding like the one they suffered against Fulton, so I imagine there will be some lingering effects from that. Granted, they do get an extra day to prep (since they played on Thursday last week), but I just think they will have a tough time with CAK's air attack. CAK is young, but they took care of business at Franklin Road Academy last week. I'll take CAK, 34-28.

The Jeff Co-Central game is a real head scratcher for me. Line of scrimmage has been Central's achilles heel the past 6 or so years, particularly when they are on offense. However, they always have a solid defense. I think Central gets it done, 21-17.

Plenty of unknowns for OR, plus Farragut got a chance to play last week against DB. I think Farragut wins a close one, 27-24.

AC shouldn't have any trouble with AE, 42-20. Same goes for CC. They'll handle Lynn Camp by the same margin, 42-20.

Edited by osunut2

CC 45- LC 7

Farragut 24- OR20

JC 34- Central 21

CAK 31- powell 28

AC 55- AE 21

Gibbs 34-grangier 21

HVA 31- karns 17

Halls 23- union 12

Seymour 34- Clinton 24

You know what I like best about all these predictions? Nobody has any confidence in the mighty wildcats. Makes for some Da%$ good bulletin board material. Just what the coach needs.

You know what I like best about all these predictions? Nobody has any confidence in the mighty wildcats. Makes for some Da%$ good bulletin board material. Just what the coach needs.

Well I hope it works for you guys, but if you need bulliten board material to get fired up about this game, you're already in trouble.

I based my prediction on the fact that people in the know, think OR has a lot of holes to fill from graduation. Then, Farragut has a game under their belt vs. a quality opponent. New coach too.

I really don't know that much about Farragut, just going on what I hear on here and at work.

I'd love for OR to win!!

Well I hope it works for you guys, but if you need bulliten board material to get fired up about this game, you're already in trouble.

I based my prediction on the fact that people in the know, think OR has a lot of holes to fill from graduation. Then, Farragut has a game under their belt vs. a quality opponent. New coach too.

I really don't know that much about Farragut, just going on what I hear on here and at work.

I'd love for OR to win!!

No you wouldn't. Tell us another lie CC lol