District 3AAA Picks

ET1979

Well if CC beats Clinton and Halls the next two games that will make them 5-1. I feel this is the best chance they've ever had to beat OR. From reading all of the OR threads they seem to have a lot of problems right now. So if they could upset OR, beat Gibbs and Karns( which they should), they'd enter the Powell game 8-1. How big would that be? Even losing to OR they'd enter the finale, 7-2. That place would go crazy up there. I remember a couple of those 7 win seasons up there with the Johnson kid at RB, that place was nuts!

Thats alot of ifs? Best take'm one at time!

You don't think Powell will win more handily then that, osu?

I'm really not sure what to expect this week. OC situation is different, but thankfully Powell had a bye week last week, so they've had some time to practice with this change. Both teams come in with something to prove. If Powell can get ahead early, I think they could run away with this one, but it all depends on their offensive execution.

Bye week was the best thing that could've happened for them. Throw out the Fulton Game, Powell is still pretty good. As of now, AC has to be the front runner, But Powell will only improve from this point on. All there troubles were little things that can be corrected with practice and repetition. I look for Powell to go on a run starting this week.

Lets Pick and discuss

Powell at Anderson Co.             13 - 35

Gibbs at Oak Ridge                   14 - 31

Campbell Co. at Halls                42 - 0

Clinton at Karns                          28 - 14

Central at Fulton (no need to pick this one)                7 - 10000000000000000000

Powell can run it a little but they are in a tail spin. Not sure how close this one will be. AC seems to be the region front runner.

Gibbs runs an offense that can be tough to defend but Oak Ridge will pull away with this one. They are too strong and athletic.

Campbell Co. is the surprise this year. They can win this one by as many as they want.

Do not know what to think about Clinton. Karns can surprise you with a little speed but do not think it will be enough. Clinton will double them up.

Central and Fulton. Not sure there is any discussion needed.

Edited by ET1979

No thoughts yet?

Powell could very easily lose the rest of their games other than Halls, and maybe Gibbs. Clinton is really showing improvement, and I look for them to continue their growth and win a few more. I think the top teams are....

1. AC

2. OR

3. CC

4. Central...maybe Clinton?

Edited by powellphoto