10aa Week 0 Likes and dislikes

FBfan26

How was everbody looking friday? Everybody won except whites creek and everybody put up alot of points. I heard maplewoods offense is Avg and there D is very good. Pc finally has a passing game....LA has a V12 coming out of the back field but there defense is suspect. Any more updates??

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was everbody looking friday? Everybody won except whites creek and everybody put up alot of points. I heard maplewoods offense is Avg and there D is very good. Pc finally has a passing game....LA has a V12 coming out of the back field but there defense is suspect. Any more updates??

Stratford lost. East Lit scored a ton of points.

I believe that Stratford lost to Pope John Paul II. Not by much. But a loss is a loss. I find it hard to give a good assessment of a team's capabilities this early in the season. The aforementioned Stratford and Lipscomb appear to be the only two teams in the district that met with any worthy competition. 

Hunters Lane is not currently a good enough team to test any team that has aspirations of making the post-season. So while the Panther's defense looked good on Friday. It may have been more of a case of the Warrior's offense being that bad. I believe that Hunters Lane only had one play for a long gain. Otherwise, the defense looked pretty good in run and pass coverage.

Maplewood's offense seem to have improved after halftime. They seemed to have abandoned as a first option after the half.  The game was played with a running clock for the entire fourth quater. Coach Broome elected to play a lot of subs for most of the fourth, mainly on offense. I think he should have stayed with his starters longer. Not to score more points. But to get their timing and execution down better in a game situation. Still, they have two weeks before their next game against Lipscomb Academy. That should be a good test for the Panthers. A surprise on the offensive side was the addition of a new running back, Manny Colon. I believe he previously played for Station Camp. He's not the faster or biggest back Maplewood has ever had. But he is quick. He managed to run a punt back for a sixty yard touchdown.

Edited by midtnmale

Looks like your team had a good night. Maplewood still making some mistakes according to boski. LA must be all offense and no defense. I know they were trying to spread the field more this year. East beat Hillwood but that is not a big shock. Who does everyone play this week.

i know pc plays Kenwood. Dont know to much about them. I knw they was a playoff team last year with 2 1000 yard backs...

Maplewood plays nobody ...and man this week is sucking!! but looking forward to seeing them play LA next week   ...and i have way to much time to get hyped for that one ..kinda makes me want to go check LA out ...see if those guys have anything for me to be concerned about ..next week. ..but i really wont feel like driving to Greenbrier ...how much would cab fair be? or should i just get a one way ride there and hitch hike back...  ..naa to much .. think ill tough it out somewhere here.. 10AA looking like stiff competition for almost every team this year ..good games ahead .. district title up for grabs??? <_<