Grundy County @ Sequatchie

warrior1981

glad you mentioned cheatham county, but that wasn't the only game. look at the marion, south pitt,,signal game. we played a good two qtrs. with every one of these teams and then the lack of coaching takes over and you blow the games in the second half. the Bryant boys don't know how to make adjustments during, at half time or after the games. when you go into half time, you don't spend 13 minutes in the coaches office and then come out and coach for the next 2 minutes. use the whole 15 minutes to coach the kids and make adjustments. also you don't call time outs to argue with the refs.....the talent is there the coaching isn't.......forgot to mention after the marion game last year the Bryant boys put all the blame on the kids for not being in shape and not strong enough. sounds like a coaching responsibility to me.

NO not the Bryant's? It's the kids fault don't you know better than that? Hey guys looking through these glasses are pretty cool!!

I like that lifetime contract thing ya'll are talking about. That's a good idea. I still have yet to hear anyone tell me who they actually think would come coach here?

Still waiting?

I hear crickets chirping.

:huh:

Yeah who? I will tell you who. Only someone with ties at Grundy that's who. You are not going to get anyone to come up here and put the effort in this football program as the hometown coaches "The Bryants" will and have.  Now shut your pie hole and go eat some beef jerky and drink a sun-drop.

Wait. I also noticed none of you had anything to say about what a fine christian example these coaches have set for these young men. Are you going to refute that as well?

Why do you keep crying and moaning about this. I think I know what is going on here.

Someones "little Johnny" aint getting enough playing time cause he might not be good enough?

Or just look at this.....Marion County was a loss. They do have a purdy good football team last time I checked. They are just as talented as Grundy. We lost to Seq. County. I think you will see by the end of the year they might just be better than most people thought they were going to be. Heck! They might even beat South Pitt this week. They also have just as much talent as we do. The fact of the matter is we play in a tough district with alot of talented teams. We have been to the playoffs several years. Actually we played an undefeated Cheatham County team last year and gave them a pretty good game till the 4th quarter. They were talented as well and went deep into the playoffs. You all have your opinions and I have mine. I just believe you are just a little premature on the coaching talk. Let's see where we are at the end of the year. Even if we do have a losing season. My question is who in the wide world of sports are we going to get to come and coach Grundy? Certainly no one who is as dedicated and hard working as the Bryant's are. I can tell you that! If yall would spend as much time supporting these coaches as you do bashing them something might just turn around? Who knows?

Wasn't it you in an earlier post that said Grundy only has 2 talented players?  And as far as support goes..its not there either...

Wasn't it you in an earlier post that said Grundy only has 2 talented players?  And as far as support goes..its not there either...

I said that yes. Look I know we have more than 2 talented players. I am not that stupid and I did not by any means mean to downgrade any of the other players on the team. I believe they all work their butts off. I am just saying. There are more schools than just us that have talented players. People here make it sound like we are the only ones with talent and all the other schools are just chopped liver and we dont win just because of coaching.  I assure you that is not the case.

I like that lifetime contract thing ya'll are talking about. That's a good idea. I still have yet to hear anyone tell me who they actually think would come coach here?

Still waiting?

I hear crickets chirping.

:huh:

Yeah who? I will tell you who. Only someone with ties at Grundy that's who. You are not going to get anyone to come up here and put the effort in this football program as the hometown coaches "The Bryants" will and have.  Now shut your pie hole and go eat some beef jerky and drink a sun-drop.

Wait. I also noticed none of you had anything to say about what a fine christian example these coaches have set for these young men. Are you going to refute that as well?

I don't think anyone said they weren't good people...just that the coaching was lacking...50% might be good enough for them...and as far as someone coming into coach from off the mtn...can't never tell...they brought in new principal and look at the changes.

The grass might not be greener on the other side. You ever heard that old saying

"Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it?"

So what next we bring in someone else and start rebuilding?

Yeah look how that works out. Then you are another few years away from going over .500.

No thanks. The best option we have is what we have right now. We have alot of young players that can play and they will get better and get wins. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

The grass might not be greener on the other side. You ever heard that old saying

"Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it?"

So what next we bring in someone else and start rebuilding?

Yeah look how that works out. Then you are another few years away from going over .500.

No thanks. The best option we have is what we have right now. We have alot of young players that can play and they will get better and get wins. You can take that to the bank and cash it.

If you would read my earlier post I agree with there character that's not the issue here!! Never has been! So enough beating that horse. I said also we need to search and find a good coach. Yea we will rebuild again we have talent it's worth a shot starting over in my eyes I'm tired of the mediocre seasons! Change is good we found a good principal I believe so were starting things in the right direction I hope. Next is some athletic staff for our football and boys basketball programs. The crickets have never had a chance to chirp you just hear what you want to hear.