Grundy County @ Sequatchie

warrior1981

I decided to get in on the act. First of all this coaching topic has went on many different angles ( fire them, doesn't play his bench, no middle school, etc.....). Well with or without the Bryants Grundy football has always been around.500 range (maybe a few years of 7-3 and a few short playoff runs). The Bryants give the all for this football program on a 365 day/year basis. They are from Grundy and I see no one else in this county that is decent enough to replace them. Yea lets get someone from not around here and let them use us for a stepping stone. Well Colquitt is from Grundy and yea he won here WITH TALENT and than left. The Bryants would never leave here with or without talent. You talk about their on the field antics well than dont even mention Gudger than if you dont want antics....lol....ok now the middle school talk, yea Grundy has did good in middle school and South Grundy at times but half the boys that played never continue to the high school cux their daddy isnt the coach or I cant play RB and QB anymore. On yea lets play the bench players...WHAT BENCH? We all know what happen when the bench plays. The young ones that are good or really undersized at this point and the other guys have no football IQ what so ever. But this has been our problem way longer than the Bryants being here and everyone knows it. Hardly ever does Grundy have more than 1 or 2 freshman that come in and can play (lil Holland, Mainord, and baby Hampton...when he gets there). The Bryants have done a great job of developing the boys no one has heard of in middle school. I have came to many games and been like who the heck is that kid.

I decided to get in on the act. First of all this coaching topic has went on many different angles ( fire them, doesn't play his bench, no middle school, etc.....). Well with or without the Bryants Grundy football has always been around.500 range (maybe a few years of 7-3 and a few short playoff runs). The Bryants give the all for this football program on a 365 day/year basis. They are from Grundy and I see no one else in this county that is decent enough to replace them. Yea lets get someone from not around here and let them use us for a stepping stone. Well Colquitt is from Grundy and yea he won here WITH TALENT and than left. The Bryants would never leave here with or without talent. You talk about their on the field antics well than dont even mention Gudger than if you dont want antics....lol....ok now the middle school talk, yea Grundy has did good in middle school and South Grundy at times but half the boys that played never continue to the high school cux their daddy isnt the coach or I cant play RB and QB anymore. On yea lets play the bench players...WHAT BENCH? We all know what happen when the bench plays. The young ones that are good or really undersized at this point and the other guys have no football IQ what so ever. But this has been our problem way longer than the Bryants being here and everyone knows it. Hardly ever does Grundy have more than 1 or 2 freshman that come in and can play (lil Holland, Mainord, and baby Hampton...when he gets there). The Bryants have done a great job of developing the boys no one has heard of in middle school. I have came to many games and been like who the heck is that kid.

WOW! This is probably the best post I have read on this topic. You stepped up to the plate and hit it out of the park my friend!

As far as making a topic for this. I will let them other boys do that.

Edited by MtnGoatBilly

i'm getting closer to that 40 plus number on the pass list.  since you mentioned some kids names....please watch last weeks films and tell me that lil holland needs to be at corner.  please please please watch the 4th qtr and then tell me he wants to hit someone.  then watch the grace game....he was on kick off return picked up the ball on the 5 yard line and took a step forward a did a peyton manning slide feet first so he wouldnt get hit.  baby hampton....how many balls has he missed and fumbled?  mainord is a soph. and is the real deal

You must be on the pass list too! You can tell who is by there post. Lets look at the seq game Friday night colquitt was running 3 and 4 players in most of the game and was playing young players all night. Never I repeat NEVER have we did that. You got the numbers up and now look, you talk about football IQ does that not involve coaching? How can those boys get the intelligence by watching at practice and not being given any opportunities? Looks to me like some of the upperclassmen lack heart too! What about the excuses were hearing about our secondary being young they have all been juniors and seniors till late in the game at seq. I'm not gonna mention names but one particular defensive back got burned twice for touchdowns and he continued to play. Why? If he is sitting on the bench an someone else is in there dont you think that would open his eyes and make him hustle and try to play better? Then after he had his game losing big baby tantrum that he has when he is losing and can't figure out a way to coach his way back into it he decides to bench some starters. but by then its to late! Also why do you go away from Nolan who was getting the yardage and start passing every down? You need to take off your rose colored glasses and open your eyes. The fan base is getting tired of it. We need a change.

ok jacketfan...if I shouldnt mention names on here will you tell me cux I hadnt posted in years...sorry if I messed that up...but the baby Hampton I am referring to is an 8th and I was meaning that he will play immediately. Oh I agree Holland doesnt have the foot speed for corner but I believe was in here due to the mismatch # 8 had on our other corners...at least that is what the fans around me were screaming...#8's to tall for our corner, #8's to tall for corner...lol...as for Holland yea he did the right thing on a meaningless kickoff against Grace...if he would have got hurt and our starting QB would get hurt again (cux he took a beating Friday Night) and showed great heart getting up everytime ( tough kid as well) than without Holland or Mainord who does Grundy go with....guess you would have 2nd guessing the Bryants on having Holland return the kick instead of slideing!

Beavclever....oh I do agree about the Nolan thing...what the paper said he only had 10 carries, we all know that he should of have 30...I believe the little corner you are referring has giving up a few big plays but also thats the BENCH your talking about...he is an upperclassman but their is no one better behind him on the BENCH...as for the tantrum i didnt see it half way home by than...but I do know Seq is alot bigger rival to the Bryants than most people think. I dont wanna open up a whole another topic so Seq. fans can run with it but have you ever thought that our kids got down on themselves after the obvious offensive pass inference on Seq and the bogus fake punt formation....come on now we all know that the refs wasnt the cause of the outcome but definitely was a momentum killer.