Powell @ CAK

FootballDad

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty familiar with the campus, but I've never watched a game at CAK before. Powell always travels well, so I wondered if you'd have enough parking.

All the others have given you good parking advice, just try to arrive as early as possible, that should help some because CAK fans tend to get there a little late.  If Powell brings their band they will fill half of the visitors bleachers by themselves, so getting there early may help you find a seat.  If you can't find a seat I would suggest walking up to the practice field on the hill and watch from there, its really a pretty good view.  For the Panther fans bringing little ones, there is a large playground right beside the stadium they can use.  

Just heard that we have our new play clocks installed and running, so that will be something new for us at the stadium this year.  I hope they work better than our PA system does...ha.  Hope you and all the other Panther fans have a good experience at CAK, but not on the playing field.. :mrgreen:

FBD, easy on the PA system. We've only struggled with that for........years. Perhaps someone will check it out before the game. Glad to hear the play clocks are installed.

Panther fans, I hope you enjoy your trip to our very small but nice stadium. It will not have nearly the capacity that you are used to in 5A / 6A. Hopefully the play on the field will come close to measuring up to the bigger schools. The last several years, I feel confident it would. This year is yet to be determined.

I'm hoping for a high scoring and close game with the Warriors squeaking out a victory, but I could see this one going either way. I'll go ahead and toss out 31 / 28 CAK.

Panther fans, come early and have a very good grilled burger and our famous banana pudding. As FBD said, the little ones will love the playground directly adjacent to the field, where the kids can play in a safe and contained area. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Warrior stadium.

All the others have given you good parking advice, just try to arrive as early as possible, that should help some because CAK fans tend to get there a little late.  If Powell brings their band they will fill half of the visitors bleachers by themselves, so getting there early may help you find a seat.  If you can't find a seat I would suggest walking up to the practice field on the hill and watch from there, its really a pretty good view.  For the Panther fans bringing little ones, there is a large playground right beside the stadium they can use.  

Just heard that we have our new play clocks installed and running, so that will be something new for us at the stadium this year.  I hope they work better than our PA system does...ha.  Hope you and all the other Panther fans have a good experience at CAK, but not on the playing field.. :mrgreen:

• Upvote 1

Gratz to Powell....exciting game (albeit a bit sloppy), proud of the Warriors.  After being down by 3 TD's, came back to tie it and went for two at end of the game for the win but caught it just barely out of bounds.  Powell 42 CAK 41

Edited by BRPro

Congrats to Powell on the victory...and congrats to the Warriors for fighting back after being down by 3tds. Both teams were a little sloppy tonight. CAK made some critical mistakes along the way, one of the most costly ones was a personal fowl after having stopped the Panthers deep in their own territory. Still CAK came within inches of pulling off the upset. The deep pass to #6 for CAK came up big several times tonight and that part of the offense looked good along with mixing in some running plays. Both teams still have a lot of improving to do but it's early in the season. Despite all the mistakes, penalties and missed tackles, this was an exciting game to watch. Good luck to Powell the rest of the way and I'm sure my Warriors will work on our mistakes and get better....but the schedule isn't getting any easier next week. Just keep working hard boys and the rest will take care of itself.

Congrats to Powell on the victory...and congrats to the Warriors for fighting back after being down by 3tds. Both teams were a little sloppy tonight. CAK made some critical mistakes along the way, one of the most costly ones was a personal fowl after having stopped the Panthers deep in their own territory. Still CAK came within inches of pulling off the upset. The deep pass to #6 for CAK came up big several times tonight and that part of the offense looked good along with mixing in some running plays. Both teams still have a lot of improving to do but it's early in the season. Despite all the mistakes, penalties and missed tackles, this was an exciting game to watch. Good luck to Powell the rest of the way and I'm sure my Warriors will work on our mistakes and get better....but the schedule isn't getting any easier next week. Just keep working hard boys and the rest will take care of itself.

CAK played their hearts out, but came up a tad short. They're a good football team. The #3 to #6 combo is deadly! I hope you guys have a great season the rest of the way!

CAK played their hearts out, but came up a tad short. They're a good football team. The #3 to #6 combo is deadly! I hope you guys have a great season the rest of the way!