Greenback at Meigs county

orngnblk

I have two boys that play for the Tigers ! My boys are far from lazy !! Yes we got beat !! There is no excuse for any grown adult to call any child lazy over a football game !! Have any of you stopped to look at the size of most teams compared to ours ? No I dont mean size I mean in the number of players !! My oldest son happens to start everything and so do many other players !! So before any one calls a team lazy Get Your Fax straight !!

You can't let these old farts get under your skin. Half of the time its young kids on here just being jerks and trying to tick people off. But I do think they took it a bit far by sending it in a Fax. That's not right at all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two boys that play for the Tigers ! My boys are far from lazy !! Yes we got beat !! There is no excuse for any grown adult to call any child lazy over a football game !! Have any of you stopped to look at the size of most teams compared to ours ? No I dont mean size I mean in the number of players !! My oldest son happens to start everything and so do many other players !! So before any one calls a team lazy Get Your Fax straight !!                                                                                                              Maam i hope you arnt referring to any post we Greenback fan have posted.I have nothing but respect for the kids they played their butts off the whole game,they really tried to put it to us in the first half and did score first.My son also plays the whole game and its not easy but it is the coaches job to have them able to do that,What i saw was a good looking bunch of kids and some terrible coaching.IMO!You all have a nice group of kids on your sidelines,look at GB we have 32 kids dressed and 6 injured two were starters.Good luck to the Tigers.

Edited by orngnblk

Guest Chargerpride74

I completely understand that ! However, those boys taking a bashing from everyone around. They play with everything they have !! I'm sure a few don't but they are far from lazy ! I will stand up for every child on that team !!

I think meigs possibly gets things in order this week and starts out strong in the new district.  They just didn't look like the kind of team that will get beat and take it another year.

I totally agree!Meigs has the tallent and kids to be competitve no excuses for getting beat like they have.The AD needs to look at the coaching staff and do some changes these kids deserve better they played their butts off.

Guest Chargerpride74

I am referring to who ever called those boys LAZY !! I respect every team we play because they are young men who should be showed respect ! I agree that coaches should have their teams in shape. I think that also goes on the parents shoulders as well meaning hydrating them properly days before the game. We have several players out as well. My heart goes out to every injured child and their families regardless who they play for. My son missed an entire season for a concussion. I know the pain that puts on the child and how as a parent there is nothing you can do to fix it. I wish nothing but the best for GB they are a remarkable team. Maybe next year we can give them a tough game !

Candi, I agree with you on most of your points, gotta support the boys regardless of the win/loss record. I see you are rather new to the board. As someone that's been on here awhile, please let me offer a little advice about this board. There are trolls on every topic seems like, if you let them get under your skin you will either drive yourself crazy fending off continuous battles with their never ending disrespectful & baseless responses or you will just lose all interest in participating in these topics. Both outcomes are unfortunate as we all (of the non-troll variety) enjoy having intelligent conversations with respectful confidence with folks from all across the state who, like ourselves, are passionate about high school football. I understand your frustration with these undesirables but the more you try to rationalize with them the more relentless they become both in response and in numbers. I'm glad to have another fan on board the "T", welcome. In time you will quickly learn the "good guys" from the trolls. Best of luck to your sons & their team mates the rest of the way.

Is it the players?

Is it coaching?

This team has potential

I will make one more responce to this topic as we have a tremendous uphill battle fri night.You have the kids the effort was there!You need someone able to motivate and instill a winning attitude in the young men.Being a player and coach and dad of Greenback football at one level or the nextfor the last 23 yrs,I see all kinds of potential with Meigs.They used to be a very good program.I don't like bashing coaches unless they are from GCA(HaHa),but there is no way you all should not be able to at least compete! Edited by orngnblk

A decent little league coach could be very competitive win this group. I've never been a coach basher but this farce has made me see the light. It makes me sick to see where Meigs Football is right now. Good bunch of young men, not world beaters but not as bad as they look by any stretch. Hate to see them have to go through this. But surely better days are coming? Go Tigers.