Gallatin1-0 @ Beech 1-1

runninblind

Hats off to Gallatin. They are vastly improved from last year. Beech is nowhere near as good as last year. Beech's D continues to play as soft as cotton balls. 12 and 28 were the only 2 Beech defenders who acted like they weren't afraid of contact. Lots of arm tackling, poor pass coverage, no swarming to the ball. Last year's Sr class brought a lot of nasty with them every night. This years team brings a lot of nice. As an offensive player, I think I would really enjoy playing against Beech's D. Indy may put up 60 on them. These guys better grow up quick and develop a little attitude or they may be sitting at home in Nov.

Hats off to Gallatin. They are vastly improved from last year. Beech is nowhere near as good as last year. Beech's D continues to play as soft as cotton balls. 12 and 28 were the only 2 Beech defenders who acted like they weren't afraid of contact. Lots of arm tackling, poor pass coverage, no swarming to the ball. Last year's Sr class brought a lot of nasty with them every night. This years team brings a lot of nice. As an offensive player, I think I would really enjoy playing against Beech's D. Indy may put up 60 on them. These guys better grow up quick and develop a little attitude or they may be sitting at home in Nov.

Well said tandem .....as for Indy the 3 SEC recruits are playing like SEC recruits , and the 3 of them also took 4th place in USA national 4x400

BHS don't punt to Wharton

Large crowd last night that got their money's worth. No surprises from Beech, short passing game and a lot of Carter running the ball. Great call by Crawford on getting the Gallatin defense sucked in then throwing to the tightend I believe, to keep the ball from a Wave team that would not quit. Beech is nowhere close to being the team from last year and neither is Gallatin. Gallatin has a lot of young players getting valuable experience early on for the district run. A tough game like this will help down the line. Gallatin proved they will not quit.

Gwave1, I didn't read your post until today, will get hooked up with you later.

Chickhot, I have avoided replies of your posts until today.  I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it gets a little crazy when opinions turn into ideas that have next to no chance of happening.  It's fairly obvious to anyone with a pulse that Gallatin is not a 1-9 team this year, and that there will not be any Perry at the helm next year.  I for one am very pleased with the coaching staff, each and every one of them, that has been assembled.  The Wave communuty should be very proud of these men and their characters.  They are without a doubt doing all the right things and have this ship headed in the right direction.

As for the game last night, the Wave played toe to toe with a  team that is still in my opinion one of the best in 5A.  In the end it was a toss up that just fell the wrong way.  Obviously I wasn't happy with the outcome, but I was very pleased with the attitude, leadership and discipline this team is showing.  They never quit, and all of this will pay dividends as the season progresses.  Kudos also to the crowd I was a part of, it was tremendous.  Let's keep this going the rest of the year, starting with the trip to Stewarts Creek next week.  I hear they have a great facility and am exciting about going there.

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG

Gwave1, I didn't read your post until today, will get hooked up with you later.

Chickhot, I have avoided replies of your posts until today. I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it gets a little crazy when opinions turn into ideas that have next to no chance of happening. It's fairly obvious to anyone with a pulse that Gallatin is not a 1-9 team this year, and that there will not be any Perry at the helm next year. I for one am very pleased with the coaching staff, each and every one of them, that has been assembled. The Wave communuty should be very proud of these men and their characters. They are without a doubt doing all the right things and have this ship headed in the right direction.

As for the game last night, the Wave played toe to toe with a team that is still in my opinion one of the best in 5A. In the end it was a toss up that just fell the wrong way. Obviously I wasn't happy with the outcome, but I was very pleased with the attitude, leadership and discipline this team is showing. They never quit, and all of this will pay dividends as the season progresses. Kudos also to the crowd I was a part of, it was tremendous. Let's keep this going the rest of the year, starting with the trip to Stewarts Creek next week. I hear they have a great facility and am exciting about going there.

No offense but if you think Beech is still a top 5A team in state your drinking the same kool aid as chickhot!

My question is why does everyone think you're crazy for saying Gallatin is a 1-9 team but think 9-1 is perfectly fine. At this point they have just as good a chance of being 1-9 as 9-1. Perhaps better, as I see no chance of beating hendersonville or station camp, Wilson central is doubtful, mt Juliet and Lebanon are toss ups, portland and Stewart's creek should be wins. Then there's trousdale...

Gallatin is much improved, but have no chance of competing for the district title or being 9-1. That said I don't think they will be 1-9 either.

Like I said some Rucker Stewart players go to station camp. Where is he zone for. I think he is zoned for station camp since you didn't answer. Guys I know stewart creek will be underdog. But they had bye week and they have coach Martin. A real coach. Guys this is a must win for Gallatin. Portland beat Gallatin last year. Boom what you got to day. Just like beech rolled wave. Beware of real coach Martin. Again where is kid zoned. I'm right about everything