Rverdale 0-2 at #6 Blackman 2-0

TDCman

Mack Brown fired his DC today, maybe Coach A needs to fire the DC!!

That would be several years too late. It was just a typical Aydelott hire...he was available (just fired) and that was all that mattered. I don't think Wells has ever had a good defense at any place he's coached. Since Aydelott doesn't care a bout defense, match made in heaven.

Think Aydelott ever wonders how his offense might do if he had a defense that kept feeding it the ball?

Alright ,tell me who else? You think they did not try to find or develop one? Are you idiots? Do you posters actually think he can not coach. How many times have they been deep in the playoffs. A QB gets hurt a couple of years ago or they may have been in the championship game. As for not having 100 players and 15 -20 assistants,your former coach was a show man and it looked good having that many players( most who could never play dead in a John Wayne movie) and coaches.It was all about the show.Dang LOD ,if you were the coach and your badass mentality and military style there would probably and be about 30 players.As for kids walking the halls,screw them if they have to be begged to come out and play,then they are coming on their terms. If they really wanted to play they would play regardless who is coaching.

Are you Aydelott? The screw everything but Aydelott mentality makes me think you are. Yep, Aydelott has it right and Rankin had it wrong. Seems pretty obvious to you, huh?

Alright ,tell me who else? You think they did not try to find or develop one? Are you idiots? Do you posters actually think he can not coach. How many times have they been deep in the playoffs. A QB gets hurt a couple of years ago or they may have been in the championship game. As for not having 100 players and 15 -20 assistants,your former coach was a show man and it looked good having that many players( most who could never play dead in a John Wayne movie) and coaches.It was all about the show.Dang LOD ,if you were the coach and your badass mentality and military style there would probably and be about 30 players.As for kids walking the halls,screw them if they have to be begged to come out and play,then they are coming on their terms. If they really wanted to play they would play regardless who is coaching.

Maybe 30 or maybe 100. Reguardless they would WANT to play.

Also no one says you have to BEG kids. A coach is there to inspire them. Take Gaddis at Oak Ridge for example. He may not go 15-0 every year, but every kid there believes they can because he tells them that. He does not give them "Well we at least made it to the playoffs.". Heck the way the TSSAA has it a team of 11 trained chimps can make it if they play even a LITTLE DEFENSE!

Now look at another man that can actually Coach more than going from one panic attack to another. Coach Quarells at Maryville PLANS and TRAINS his team to play year after year. If Coach A actually paid attention to his Freshman team the players would be ready for next year.

Kids WANT to be with winners. They see Coach A is NOT ONE.

I will answer your main question though. NO, I do not think he can coach WINNERS.

Edited by Lost Old Dad

The coaching staff is to blame for this. For years, Aydellot has neglected the all aspects of his program except for the offense, only when it was too late did it get his attention. I go to middle school and freshmen games and a regular basis, and have hardly ever seen Aydellot at one, whereas the Oakland, Siegel, and Blackman staffs are there all the time. You can see it in the kids body language: They hate playing for Aydellot, and when he does nothing but blame his kids rather than take responsibility, I dont blame them.

Fortunately for Riverdale, Aydellot wont be back next year..............

"Fortunately for Riverdale, Aydellot wont be back next year.............."

PLEASE tell me that's a done deal.

You also forgot he almost totally ignored the weight room and the strength and conditioning.

Maybe 30 or maybe 100. Reguardless they would WANT to play.

Also no one says you have to BEG kids. A coach is there to inspire them. Take Gaddis at Oak Ridge for example. He may not go 15-0 every year, but every kid there believes they can because he tells them that. He does not give them "Well we at least made it to the playoffs.". Heck the way the TSSAA has it a team of 11 trained chimps can make it if they play even a LITTLE DEFENSE!

Now look at another man that can actually Coach more than going from one panic attack to another. Coach Quarells at Maryville PLANS and TRAINS his team to play year after year. If Coach A actually paid attention to his Freshman team the players would be ready for next year.

Kids WANT to be with winners. They see Coach A is NOT ONE.

I will answer your main question though. NO, I do not think he can coach WINNERS.

Talk about going from one panic attack to another...that sure is the pot calling the kettle black after your years of negative panic attacks. 

Sure, it's all Aydelott's fault, he changed the zones that sent the better football players somewhere else. He must have been dang lucky to have been to the state finals a few times and won one. And now you will say that he wasnt in 6A ball when he did it. Right. Winning coaches become losers overnight by changing schools. Not hardly. I am disappointed with 0-3, but if you paid attention to the zone changes and who went where, you could see this coming from years ago. Perhaps Riverdale does need a change, but to say a guy can't coach that has as many playoff wins as well as a championship like Aydelott is just plain stupid. 

Glad to see the exclamation points and all caps back. I predicted that they would be back too. 

A couple good points made above that actually hit the nail on the head,

1.  Hardtackle concedes that the environment the coach creates can account for low numbers.  We've seen the numbers shrink at Riverdale every year since Aydelott's arriival.

2.  Swami has pointed out what's become painfully obvious.  During Rankin's tenure, kids found there way TO Riverdale.  Now kids are finding any possible way to avoid Riverdale. When the opening comes...they run for it.

A couple good points made above that actually hit the nail on the head,

1.  Hardtackle concedes that the environment the coach creates can account for low numbers.  We've seen the numbers shrink at Riverdale every year since Aydelott's arriival.

2.  Swami has pointed out what's become painfully obvious.  During Rankin's tenure, kids found there way TO Riverdale.  Now kids are finding any possible way to avoid Riverdale. When the opening comes...they run for it.

BUMP :thumb:

Talk about going from one panic attack to another...that sure is the pot calling the kettle black after your years of negative panic attacks. 

Sure, it's all Aydelott's fault, he changed the zones that sent the better football players somewhere else. He must have been dang lucky to have been to the state finals a few times and won one. And now you will say that he wasnt in 6A ball when he did it. Right. Winning coaches become losers overnight by changing schools. Not hardly. I am disappointed with 0-3, but if you paid attention to the zone changes and who went where, you could see this coming from years ago. Perhaps Riverdale does need a change, but to say a guy can't coach that has as many playoff wins as well as a championship like Aydelott is just plain stupid. 

Glad to see the exclamation points and all caps back. I predicted that they would be back too.

EXACTLY one championship, and that is because he lucked out and didn't have to face a Coach Q Maryville team that year. Lots of folks win 'playoff' games nowadays as they are even letting teams in the playoffs with LOSING records.

If I see this Region correctly ALL the schools got rezoned at the same time. Why are they still winning and R'dale is NOT?

THE most fight I am seeing out of R'dale now is you and Hardtackle trying to retain your phony jobs.

Can I Coach. No, but I have the time to run for the school board and I am 'thinking' about it! How's that for an exclamation point for you?

EXACTLY one championship, and that is because he lucked out and didn't have to face a Coach Q Maryville team that year. Lots of folks win 'playoff' games nowadays as they are even letting teams in the playoffs with LOSING records.

If I see this Region correctly ALL the schools got rezoned at the same time. Why are they still winning and R'dale is NOT?

THE most fight I am seeing out of R'dale now is you and Hardtackle trying to retain your phony jobs.

Can I Coach. No, but I have the time to run for the school board and I am 'thinking' about it! How's that for an exclamation point for you?

Lets review your qualifications to be a school board member;

You like to yell at people

You like to toot your own horn

You are not very bright and are very narrow minded

You have one mode of thinking and it is negative

If you don't get what you want, you whine and complain like a elementary school girl

You don't know laws and policies pertaining to board members and county employees

You sound like the perfect candidate. I think you should run!