SP vs Sequatchie (Moore man against that Colquette man)

Roy Dillard

did you see your team play Whitwell tonight?wow what a performance. And FYI to everyone out there all starters stayed in the game on both sides of the ball all 4 qtrs. sir nobody said anything about the pirates beating anybody- I got my opinion but tell you what come watch the pirates Friday and make that assessment yourself. Lol All I will say is November 1st can't get here quick enough. Going to be exciting and going to be fun

.final note to Ambassador off topic I know but if you get the chance - you got to go watch the purple and white play a few Qtrs

You should know by now that I do not wear the rose colored glasses like many fans do.  By no means am I naïve enough to think that MC beats the pirates the way they are playing right now.  Offensively, I think they can put up points, but defensively there are glaring weaknesses and I don't know enough about football to pinpoint what is wrong but I did notice the defensive ends crashing inside against whitwell instead of turning the backs to the inside, and if whitwell can get outside then it will be a long night when they play the Pirates.  They were getting gashed up the middle but it looks like some adjustments have been made to stop that so I will trust that the coaches will get it figured out before week ten.  You are right, Whitwell will be a good team in a couple of years if they will let that coach stick around.  They moved the ball all night and turned it over with silly mistakes other than a couple of times that marion stopped them on d close to the goal line.  I think that this whitwell team only has four seniors.  I see MC having one or two losses when they welcome the pirates on week ten and the pirates will probably have two as well.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should know by now that I do not wear the rose colored glasses like many fans do. By no means am I naïve enough to think that MC beats the pirates the way they are playing right now. Offensively, I think they can put up points, but defensively there are glaring weaknesses and I don't know enough about football to pinpoint what is wrong but I did notice the defensive ends crashing inside against whitwell instead of turning the backs to the inside, and if whitwell can get outside then it will be a long night when they play the Pirates. They were getting gashed up the middle but it looks like some adjustments have been made to stop that so I will trust that the coaches will get it figured out before week ten. You are right, Whitwell will be a good team in a couple of years if they will let that coach stick around. They moved the ball all night and turned it over with silly mistakes other than a couple of times that marion stopped them on d close to the goal line. I think that this whitwell team only has four seniors. I see MC having one or two losses when they welcome the pirates on week ten and the pirates will probably have two as well.

good post truth I think that's what these boards are for. I seen the same and was dissapointed they made it to what seemed like the .5 yard line and couldn't get her across the line. Whitwell is doing some good things. If they can find away to get some wins and the town pick up a bit more support maybe some of those big boys walking around the track can finally be persuaded to play. MC can score but defensively they appeared to struggle at times. I hope all stays healthy.

good post truth I think that's what these boards are for. I seen the same and was dissapointed they made it to what seemed like the .5 yard line and couldn't get her across the line. Whitwell is doing some good things. If they can find away to get some wins and the town pick up a bit more support maybe some of those big boys walking around the track can finally be persuaded to play. MC can score but defensively they appeared to struggle at times. I hope all stays healthy.

Funny you mentioned community support. I almost felt sorry for their players for the lack of support. Almost. This was their Super Bowl game against their arch rival and the stands weren't half full. It's the same in every sport except girls basketball. Such a shame.

You can bet on one thing, this Colquette fella will have a couple of tricks up his sleeve. Maybe an onside or something similar. He is like that old ball coach that coaches them Roosters in So. Car. Another thing, I was talking to a man that works at Finley after last nights game and he was mad. He said some old bearded man had left a big mess in the press box elevator. Laying Beside that mess, he said, was some crumpled up Murphy Fair pages. That man was real mad.

Pegleg, I garuntee you that Colquette man will steal that Mills mans secrets about how our boys cant catch an onside kick and he will have his boys kick one to us.  That Moore man better train our boys this week on that mess.  He needs to put two of our biggest boys in the front and when all of those Colquette mans boys run down to catch the ball, our two biggest boys should run at them and act like they are doing a side body block and take out a few of them, then our boys behind them can catch the ball.  You think im joking but im not.

I guarntee sequatchie will be ready for the pirates. If our defense has been playin like it has i think we can win this game but our offense has to move the ball alot better when we have good field position. If we let the pirates get up early itll be along night for us but if we keep it close i believe we can win.

Ok for what it's worth here's my intake on the game and basically the season for SP this year. First of all I know several people,including myself,could start seeing a decline in talent from what we're use to. Seriously folks and I'm a born and bread Pirate and will back them,and have always backed them win or lose,but we have a team of player's right now on offense and defense that wouldn't have even made second team on the 2007-2010 teams,and there starters. We have at most maybe about 5-7 players on the whole team that have basic football knowledge and know how to play the game and I'm sure without looking to hard you can pick them out. About this weeks game now. If we stay in the same offense we will be lucky to score 21 points unless we just happen to break some long runs. I don't understand our thinkinhing on the part of the coaches this year. We have a QB that can throw the football but we haven't taylored the offense to him. What's wrong with having two backs in the shotgun,and we have two good ones, and put two receivers or even three if your not going to use the TE who is always open, so we can get the opponets defense out of a 10 men in the box. Sure you can get away with that against a Sale Creek but the competition is going to start getting a little togher on down the road. Also our defense,we don't have anybody that can play DE like it's suppose to be played and we have some of the weakest LB's I have ever seen. Sorry if I've bursted some of you Pirate faitfull with this posting but you can't keep overlooking obvious things. I'll stop on this but if we do stay in the same offense and don't make some adjustments to our defense this weeks game will be very close..I'll say this also that we do have some goodlooking freshmen coming up.

Ok for what it's worth here's my intake on the game and basically the season for SP this year. First of all I know several people,including myself,could start seeing a decline in talent from what we're use to. Seriously folks and I'm a born and bread Pirate and will back them,and have always backed them win or lose,but we have a team of player's right now on offense and defense that wouldn't have even made second team on the 2007-2010 teams,and there starters. We have at most maybe about 5-7 players on the whole team that have basic football knowledge and know how to play the game and I'm sure without looking to hard you can pick them out. About this weeks game now. If we stay in the same offense we will be lucky to score 21 points unless we just happen to break some long runs. I don't understand our thinkinhing on the part of the coaches this year. We have a QB that can throw the football but we haven't taylored the offense to him. What's wrong with having two backs in the shotgun,and we have two good ones, and put two receivers or even three if your not going to use the TE who is always open, so we can get the opponets defense out of a 10 men in the box. Sure you can get away with that against a Sale Creek but the competition is going to start getting a little togher on down the road. Also our defense,we don't have anybody that can play DE like it's suppose to be played and we have some of the weakest LB's I have ever seen. Sorry if I've bursted some of you Pirate faitfull with this posting but you can't keep overlooking obvious things. I'll stop on this but if we do stay in the same offense and don't make some adjustments to our defense this weeks game will be very close..I'll say this also that we do have some goodlooking freshmen coming up.

I will bite since Im fairly close to what is going on. SP has 1 WR that runs under a 5 flat. So your not going to beat people throwing to guys that don't have speed. Throwing to our wings is the best option for this year as far as passing goes. Our TE could be too but they gotta get on same page. Throwing in another offense when this team struggles enough lining up in our regular formations isn't ideal. I will also say that more than likely SP will run the same plays you have seen as well as some new wrinkles here and there the rest of the year. We are a power running team this year. The other option is stay in the I and pound people all game with your SR line and SR running backs. Moore actually prefers the I. Always has everywhere he has been. Either way we are a power running team this year behind our best strength our O line. Neither 4 or 3 is going to be ok to moving to WR and 6 def isnt. So you have to try and keep some kids happy. Unfortunately its not always about the P on the helmet. I do agree they will need to do some things to keep teams honest and from stacking the box with 10 every play. So as fans start praying we don't see any teams with the athletic ability and speed Hixson had to slow us down enough to beat us. SP should be fine as they won't see another team especially in 1A or in valley the rest of the way like Hixson. Yes Polk is big and very good but they don't have alot of speed like Hixson. I will go on record and eat crow if need be. IF SP Seniors take control of the team in a positive way and stay together I only see 1 more possible loss going into week 10. Then come playoffs u have Coalfield who still has to play ND (seeding&home field on line). However, if they keep mouthing, cussing and finger pointing and implode from within and Moore is forced to start kicking big players off. (Which several are walking on thin ice) then your looking at possibly a few more L's. SP is their own worst enemy right now. It's just time to shut up then man up and go play football.

I will bite since Im fairly close to what is going on. SP has 1 WR that runs under a 5 flat. So your not going to beat people throwing to guys that don't have speed. Throwing to our wings is the best option for this year as far as passing goes. Our TE could be too but they gotta get on same page. Throwing in another offense when this team struggles enough lining up in our regular formations isn't ideal. I will also say that more than likely SP will run the same plays you have seen as well as some new wrinkles here and there the rest of the year. We are a power running team this year. The other option is stay in the I and pound people all game with your SR line and SR running backs. Moore actually prefers the I. Always has everywhere he has been. Either way we are a power running team this year behind our best strength our O line. Neither 4 or 3 is going to be ok to moving to WR and 6 def isnt. So you have to try and keep some kids happy. Unfortunately its not always about the P on the helmet. I do agree they will need to do some things to keep teams honest and from stacking the box with 10 every play. So as fans start praying we don't see any teams with the athletic ability and speed Hixson had to slow us down enough to beat us. SP should be fine as they won't see another team especially in 1A or in valley the rest of the way like Hixson. Yes Polk is big and very good but they don't have alot of speed like Hixson. I will go on record and eat crow if need be. IF SP Seniors take control of the team in a positive way and stay together I only see 1 more possible loss going into week 10. Then come playoffs u have Coalfield who still has to play ND (seeding&home field on line). However, if they keep mouthing, cussing and finger pointing and implode from within and Moore is forced to start kicking big players off. (Which several are walking on thin ice) then your looking at possibly a few more L's. SP is their own worst enemy right now. It's just time to shut up then man up and go play football.

I definitely agree. If our boys come together we are capable of going a long long way. Let everyone keep talking and they better hope we keep fighting because we are capable of doing damage.

I don't care how fast they are to be quite honest. If they can get open 10-yards down the field is what I'm talking about. It's about ball control and keeping the D honest. We have both Blevins boys that are pretty fast and neither are in the game at the same time,and also put Fitzgerald out at receiver.  Just stating the truth and what I see. If we get a D out of that 10 men in the box Lankford and Mitchell will have some breakaway runs. But to everyone there opinions and I'm an oldtimer so what do I know anyways.

I understand your frustration but its still early. Let me ask u this. When is last time SP relied on a consistent passing attack and won? Even with the freshman of the year at UTC with T-Rob they couldnt consistently. 10 yard outs with guys that aren't very fast are much easier to defend than throwing it and giving it to your best playmakers. They will all have their opportunities at some point though but u win with getting it to your horses. In the past 3-4 years there has been more balls hit the WR in the hands and chest and fall to the ground as there has been completions almost. Btw Fitz has already split out and played WR some and will still at times as he his probably the best all around player on the team. Bottom line is if this bunch can't run between the tackles with their Sr laden O line and their backs then they will lose.

Edited by TonyHorton91281