Fayetteville vs MTCS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until 1979 there was Fayetteville Central (A City High School). In 1979 Fayetteville, Flintville, Blanche, Boonshill high schools all consolidated to become Lincoln County High School. A little over 4 years ago the Fayetteville City School system decide to bring back a City High School. So thus Fayetteville City High School. Fayetteville Central were also called the Tigers. And like the new Fayetteville City High School would accept students from anywhere in Lincoln County.

(MTSC 3-0) (Fayetteville 2-0) So which team will lose there first game? Fayetteville has the home field advantage so I will give them the edge to get the win.

Until 1979 there was Fayetteville Central (A City High School). In 1979 Fayetteville, Flintville, Blanche, Boonshill high schools all consolidated to become Lincoln County High School. A little over 4 years ago the Fayetteville City School system decide to bring back a City High School. So thus Fayetteville City High School. Fayetteville Central were also called the Tigers. And like the new Fayetteville City High School would accept students from anywhere in Lincoln County.

(MTSC 3-0) (Fayetteville 2-0) So which team will lose there first game? Fayetteville has the home field advantage so I will give them the edge to get the win.

You're right on Big Blue.  The school "started" two years ago with Sophomores as the highest class, adding a new class each subsequent year.  This will be our first Senior class that will graduate, and there are eight seniors on the football team.  As well, this is our first year of Varsity football competition after two years playing JV teams.  We bring an experienced coaching staff and a lot of heart and competition to District 9, as well as a lot of speed, but I'm very optimistic about our success.  Middle is sitting on a 3-0 record, that's correct, but their wins have been against teams of a lesser caliber, in my opinion.  Granted, Richland is not a Moore County, but I think we should send MTCS back to Murfreesboro on a very quiet bus ride.  If home field advantage gives us three points, our offense will add another 28 to the scoreboard and the defense will add seven! Did I mention I was optimistic?  Good luck @ Wayne Co., pack a light snack for the long trip there. 

You're right on Big Blue. The school "started" two years ago with Sophomores as the highest class, adding a new class each subsequent year. This will be our first Senior class that will graduate, and there are eight seniors on the football team. As well, this is our first year of Varsity football competition after two years playing JV teams. We bring an experienced coaching staff and a lot of heart and competition to District 9, as well as a lot of speed, but I'm very optimistic about our success. Middle is sitting on a 3-0 record, that's correct, but their wins have been against teams of a lesser caliber, in my opinion. Granted, Richland is not a Moore County, but I think we should send MTCS back to Murfreesboro on a very quiet bus ride. If home field advantage gives us three points, our offense will add another 28 to the scoreboard and the defense will add seven! Did I mention I was optimistic? Good luck @ Wayne Co., pack a light snack for the long trip there.

Who has fayetteville beat that qualifies as a higher caliber team compared to MTCS opponents?

You're right on Big Blue. The school "started" two years ago with Sophomores as the highest class, adding a new class each subsequent year. This will be our first Senior class that will graduate, and there are eight seniors on the football team. As well, this is our first year of Varsity football competition after two years playing JV teams. We bring an experienced coaching staff and a lot of heart and competition to District 9, as well as a lot of speed, but I'm very optimistic about our success. Middle is sitting on a 3-0 record, that's correct, but their wins have been against teams of a lesser caliber, in my opinion. Granted, Richland is not a Moore County, but I think we should send MTCS back to Murfreesboro on a very quiet bus ride. If home field advantage gives us three points, our offense will add another 28 to the scoreboard and the defense will add seven! Did I mention I was optimistic? Good luck @ Wayne Co., pack a light snack for the long trip there.

Welcome to the "T" and to district 9. Since my very good friend Nan (LTR) passed, snack talk in this district has been weak. You show some potential!

Welcome to the "T" and to district 9. Since my very good friend Nan (LTR) passed, snack talk in this district has been weak. You show some potential!

Thanks FreeAgent!  I enjoy talking food and football, not always in that order.  But I do love talking Tiger Football, and having watched these young men grow into the game the past few years, including one of my own who started playing two years ago, has been exciting and entertaining.  Coach Palmer is a class act, and he mentors his coaches and all his boys.  We have players on the team that wouldn't or couldn't play at another school because of their size or experience, but Coach P is a teacher and mentor.  My own son would never have considered playing if Coach P hadn't convinced him he was needed and could help the team succeed.  This wouldn't have happened at another high school.  We are small, size-wise, but he has this team and his staff 100% behind him and they're playing with a lot of heart and attitude.

Wait a minute FreeAgent, did you mean snack talk or smack talk?  Either way glad to be here.

Edited by Varo

Who has fayetteville beat that qualifies as a higher caliber team compared to MTCS opponents?

Well, let me regroup and take off my orange colored glasses. You're right, both of us are undefeated with victories coming from winless teams, so we're both par in that respect I agree. And MTCS has played one more game and has more experience this season, as well as probably have more seniors and/or upperclassmen than FHS.  I think the difference is that MTC's wins over Cannon County 33-0 (who also lost to Jackson Co. 36-0) and Zion Christian 35-0 (who also lost to McEwen 32-14) were put downs of WEAK teams.  In their win over Mt. Juliet Christian 48-17 (who also lost to Whitwell 31-21), at least MJCA has scored points this season. 

Fayetteville's wins over Richland 41-6 (who also lost to Moore Co. 51-14 and Cornersville 26-14) and Community 42-0 (who have lost to Sequatchie Valley 40-3 and Silverdale 38-0) were both out of hand after the first half and the mercy rule was in effect.  But I would say that anyone who can score 14 on MC and Cornersville has to be not weak, and Community has been a few plays or penalties away from winning their games (except against us!).  Sooooo, you may be right that neither team has really been tested with no common opponents to compare. I'll retract my statement for now and come back on Monday after the game.