Livingston at Macon

geo1126

What teams do in JR. high really doesn't translate into great high school programs!! Kids grow in different stages of their life, if you have a kid like the Macon county QB, who shot up at a early age or a kid who is held back a year in elementary school.... They can be very dominant in JR. high! However everybody will catch up when they get to HS within a few inches for sure. Yes a good JR. high team means you most likely have talent coming through the system, but if you don't have a dedicated Coach that knows what they are doing, then it does not matter.

What teams do in JR. high really doesn't translate into great high school programs!! Kids grow in different stages of their life, if you have a kid like the Macon county QB, who shot up at a early age or a kid who is held back a year in elementary school.... They can be very dominant in JR. high! However everybody will catch up when they get to HS within a few inches for sure. Yes a good JR. high team means you most likely have talent coming through the system, but if you don't have a dedicated Coach that knows what they are doing, then it does not matter.

Good post. In Macons defense, I'd rather have a good junior high team than have a bad one

It's not coach'n.it never has been.too much pee-wee football in macon.they get burned out by the time they get to high school and then don't play.they start at age 4.that's why all the jr.high teams are good,they have the players but when the get in high school they are tired of it.

Edited by twistedsister

I have seen kids never suit up until they were in the 8th grade, Then turn out to be great players in HS.  But If a kid really loves the game then they will play when they get older. Believe me their is plenty of talent walking the hallways at dekalb. Kids who are big and athletic Just don't want to give up their summers and agree to standards that Coach Trapp has set for the program. Football in DeKalb has changed, Its a time commitment that some kids will not accept.

I have seen kids never suit up until they were in the 8th grade, Then turn out to be great players in HS.  But If a kid really loves the game then they will play when they get older. Believe me their is plenty of talent walking the hallways at dekalb. Kids who are big and athletic Just don't want to give up their summers and agree to standards that Coach Trapp has set for the program. Football in DeKalb has changed, Its a time commitment that some kids will not accept.

Trust me, all good programs are like that. Trouble is, to be good you have to put the work in. A lot of kids just don't think it's worth the effort it takes to have a good team.

Trust me, all good programs are like that. Trouble is, to be good you have to put the work in. A lot of kids just don't think it's worth the effort it takes to have a good team.

I agree 100% Some Kids are too lazy to get out there and help the Team out. I also understand that kids work to help their parents out and have to provide for themselves.

Coach Trapp has built a really good program at DeKalb County and I predict Macon County can do the same. Coach Houser at White County has changed the culture there and the kids have to make a huge commitment of time and work ethic in order to play. Some choose not to just like everywhere else but winning makes more players willing to sacrifice their time to accomplish goals. A high school coach is part teacher and part salesman. That is just the way it is.  Having seen both Macon and Livingston Academy play I take Livingston Academy this year to win but that does not mean I think Macon County is not on the way to better days, it just takes time to get there.

True. I've heard so many kids that would be very athletic out there say they didn't want to give that much time up. But if they didn't spend that much time you'd hear the kids talking about how much we suck like you used to hear. You have to put in the time if you want progress.

Vols winning by 21 will never happen, and im a huge Vols fan. I will be shocked if they can even score 21 period. Word out of Knoxville is the starting qb spot goes to who ever plays the best in practice this week. My money is on Peterman starting with a freshman getting the go after halftime. Worley is just plain awful.

I was just being hopeful on both predictions. I think LA stands a good chance of winning tomorrow night at MC. But they have to come ready to play and not this crap they did the first two weeks. The game at DC was a good game and it sounded like they played a lot better, I was unable to attend. As for liking the Vols I think half the stuff I own is orange and white including my clown fish lol.  I think they will be ok against Florida. (Ok meaning it stays close with maybe a win.) I agree qb will probably be Peterman, but I think Worley plays second half. Not sure he wants to remove those red shirts just yet,

I was just being hopeful on both predictions. I think LA stands a good chance of winning tomorrow night at MC. But they have to come ready to play and not this crap they did the first two weeks. The game at DC was a good game and it sounded like they played a lot better, I was unable to attend. As for liking the Vols I think half the stuff I own is orange and white including my clown fish lol.  I think they will be ok against Florida. (Ok meaning it stays close with maybe a win.) I agree qb will probably be Peterman, but I think Worley plays second half. Not sure he wants to remove those red shirts just yet,

Dobbs is the only one being redshirted not Fergerson. The only way UT/UF game will be close is if UF's offense stinks up the place and cant score either. In recent years their offense has looked like world beaters vs. our D but no one else...hmm wonder why? If Worley plays he starts with Peterman coming in after halftime, not the other way around.