ChattieBoogie week 4 ?

MVM

O my Lord...I take a small break from Coacht and all heck breaks loose. The polls that" you people" have posted, Well, just makes me sad. <_< It makes me think ya'll have gotten into the "Left Handed Luckies" :ugeek: , or your still wearing your school colored glasses B) , or your not watching the same teams I am.  

1..GPS............ We all agree

2..Baylor......... Who's Beat'em ? Not ND, McMinn only tied......

3..ND...............Awful record..Tough Schedule,Starting their Chatttown Schedule next week

4..Cleveland....Beat McMinn Co. Wow

5..McMinn Co..Not sure what happened @ Cleveland, Can you handle success?

6..CCS.............Getting Better, Like ND they start to peak come Tourney Time.

7..E Hamilton...Injuries may hurt their chances

8..Soddy-D......Seems to be on a roller coaster ride, not sure which team will show up.

9..Grace...........If you want to be ranked with the" Big Dawgs", Then PLAY some "Big Dawgs"

10.Howard.......First Year Program and I thought I would give them a shout out.

I do agree with CC on one thing. Soccer is down in the Chattown Area. Our select programs are in shambles and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. :mellow: While we still have Superstars in the area, were missing those really good blue collar players, Due to the numbers being way down.

I've always said," He who has the most Select players will win." Right now that's GPS 

Food for thought.......Peace Out  

Edited by MVM

There's still some of us that are wondering the same thing.....not sure what happened at Cleveland. Played to 0-0 at end of regulation. First OT period yielded a McMinn goal. Second OT period saw Cleveland tie up with a goal. Went to PKs where both goalies made a couple of saves. Went to sudden death and Cleveland found the back of the net first.

Guess we'll see how the Cherokees rebound tonight against East Hamilton in Athens.

O my Lord...I take a small break from Coacht and all heck breaks loose. The polls that" you people" have posted, Well, just makes me sad. <_< It makes me think ya'll have gotten into the "Left Handed Luckies" :ugeek: , or your still wearing your school colored glasses B) , or your not watching the same teams I am.  

1..GPS............ We all agree

2..Baylor......... Who's Beat'em ? Not ND, McMinn only tied......

3..ND...............Awful record..Tough Schedule,Starting their Chatttown Schedule next week

4..Cleveland....Beat McMinn Co. Wow

5..McMinn Co..Not sure what happened @ Cleveland, Can you handle success?

6..CCS.............Getting Better, Like ND they start to peak come Tourney Time.

7..E Hamilton...Injuries may hurt their chances

8..Soddy-D......Seems to be on a roller coaster ride, not sure which team will show up.

9..Grace...........If you want to be ranked with the" Big Dawgs", Then PLAY some "Big Dawgs"

10.Howard.......First Year Program and I thought I would give them a shout out.

I do agree with CC on one thing. Soccer is down in the Chattown Area. Our select programs are in shambles and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. :mellow: While we still have Superstars in the area, were missing those really good blue collar players, Due to the numbers being way down.

I've always said," He who has the most Select players will win." Right now that's GPS 

Food for thought.......Peace Out  

I would have to agree with your assessment MVM. 

Even from someone "on the inside" at Grace they still need to prove themselves against the big dogs.  I really like the way the team is looking so far this year and also lining up for years to come with a pretty even distribution of select players from top to bottom.  In addition to a solid sophomore and freshman class, they have two 8th graders who play like seniors and have pushed the rest of the upper class to get even sharper!  (Back off Baylor and GPS and don't be getting any ideas!!!) 

If they can replace their Senior keeper and another Senior Captain after this year, they could well be making a move to become one of the top programs in the area.  That being said, they still have yet to face Soddy, CCS and Cleveland before the end of the regular season which will be very telling as to what they're really made of.  They faced Cleveland in a pre-season play day and held their own losing just 1-0 in a 30 min period with Cleveland's lone goal coming in the 30th minute.  Oh...and they have had their leading scorer from the last two years on the DL all season but get her back next week for the Soddy Game.  Will be interesting to see how coach works her back into the mix. She's used to being the primary offensive threat but it's a whole new ball game this year with a bunch of the young talent really stepping up and scoring coming from everywhere.  It's just a solid TEAM with good depth, no real big egos and great chemistry.  Has been fun to follow.  True test of mental toughness starts next week...

Anyway...that's my eagle eye view.

Best wishes to all and a great rest of the season!

Maybe some of the soccer folks can look into the rules. In a district game that is tied that the district voted to play OT to have a winner is the overtime play golden goal or time? McMinn scores in regulation overtime play first my interpretation of the rules is the game ends. What says the experts? (We should have never been in that situation anyways but..) ðŸ˜

There's still some of us that are wondering the same thing.....not sure what happened at Cleveland. Played to 0-0 at end of regulation. First OT period yielded a McMinn goal. Second OT period saw Cleveland tie up with a goal. Went to PKs where both goalies made a couple of saves. Went to sudden death and Cleveland found the back of the net first.

Guess we'll see how the Cherokees rebound tonight against East Hamilton in Athens.

Maybe some of the soccer folks can look into the rules. In a district game that is tied that the district voted to play OT to have a winner is the overtime play golden goal or time? McMinn scores in regulation overtime play first my interpretation of the rules is the game ends. What says the experts? (We should have never been in that situation anyways but..)

The NFHS rules book recommends two 10- minute overtime periods followed by two five-minute sudden victory periods should the game remain tied after the second 10- minute period. Should the game still be tied after the second five minute sudden victory period, kicks from the penalty mark are to be utilized to determine the winner. Some states use just one set of periods before progressing to kicks from penalty mark. TN uses the recommendation. This same procedure is used in the playoffs.

Maybe some of the soccer folks can look into the rules. In a district game that is tied that the district voted to play OT to have a winner is the overtime play golden goal or time? McMinn scores in regulation overtime play first my interpretation of the rules is the game ends. What says the experts? (We should have never been in that situation anyways but..)

Your District does the 2 full tens, and if still tied its kicks from the mark this year. Last year your district was 2 full 5 minute periods. And if still tied the game ends in a tie. Before the season each district votes on their own tie breaking procedures.