McMinn Central @ Polk Co.

Charlie Murphy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting game (IMO), Central has got a descent run defense...the key, IMO, can Central's defense force Polk into passing situations and if so, who wins those battles.  But if Polk can mix it up, then they should be ok. 

Last week Polk played a "lazy" 1st half unlike what we have seen. They also had some penalties that they usually stay away from. The QB situation has been an issue and it finally caught up with them. Two turnovers in tough areas and times didn't help matters either. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. No excuses, just facts. Hopefully these young men learned from this and know now that regardless of opponent, you have to bring it from the opening whistle. If they play anywhere near the game they did last week, Central will outscore them more than 1 pt. I don't think people give Central enough credit, last years game was not decided until mid 4th qtr. Both teams have similar rosters as last, so I expect a similar game that could go either way depending on mistakes. I hope both sides bring it from start to finish the way this game should always be. Hope both teams are full strength and stay that way after the final whistle. I predict a close win for Polk, but they better be ready from go, can't just play so-so in this one or they'll leave with their tails tucked between their legs.

Allright logcabin, smoke, all you baby blue fans, let's hear it!

I'm even looking forward to them chef's fan's opinions on what it will take to dethrone the 5AA champs.

ChefRedDad sez I hope them ponys serve up some chopped calico Friday night. McC will have to play a flagless game and hope for some breaks, I see the Calicos winning this one, but will be pulling for the ponys.

Haven't seen either team play this year... If central sells out to stop the running game between the tackles can they win?

Chattanooga central really "stacked the box" a couple weeks ago, Miller still got his 200, some of it was even outside the tackles. Polk did have success getting outside against Chatt Central when they put 10 in the box. The thing is, Miller is big and strong, but he has enough speed that if you press the line, and he gets a seam, he can score from 50 yards out with a couple steps on anybody. Against East Ridge Polk was stopped a few times, but stopped themselves more than anything.

I really don't have a feel for this game, if the team from last week shows up, who knows! The McCentral team I saw at the Bradley scrimmage doesn't belong on the same field with the Polk team I saw against Bradley and Chatt Central.

Good Luck to both. Stay injury free!

Great game! Polk made the stops in the 2nd half when they had to have it. Central really controlled Polks offense. That was the best defense Polk has faced. Central is heading in the right direction. Y'all just couldn't overcome the first half mistakes.

I think you guys can go 5-5, or win out at 6-4 and give someone trouble in the playoffs.

On a side note, the TSSAA needs to evaluate that "hurdling" rule. If you jump and kick a tackler in the head, ok, thats unsportsmanlike, but if a tackler is on the ground and reaching for the runners legs, the runner should be able to leave the ground to avoid that.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season chargers. Now on to WV.

Great game! Polk made the stops in the 2nd half when they had to have it. Central really controlled Polks offense. That was the best defense Polk has faced. Central is heading in the right direction. Y'all just couldn't overcome the first half mistakes.

I think you guys can go 5-5, or win out at 6-4 and give someone trouble in the playoffs.

On a side note, the TSSAA needs to evaluate that "hurdling" rule. If you jump and kick a tackler in the head, ok, thats unsportsmanlike, but if a tackler is on the ground and reaching for the runners legs, the runner should be able to leave the ground to avoid that.

Anyway, good luck the rest of the season chargers. Now on to WV.

Good game both teams.  Central won everywhere but the scoreboard- the one that counts.  Good Luck the rest of the way to Polk.  I enjoyed watching this one.