Science hill @ Siegel

Topperfootballfan

Home field advantage a plus in this game. SH can rack up the points but S just beat a very good offensive team in McCallie. Probably one of the top offensive squads in D2. My gut is telling me S wins but If SH can score they are in this one. S has looked mostly good to me this year with a few bad quarters. They have played a stout schedule. Should be a good ball game

I have never seen such a brutal schedule. Every team Siegel has faced thus far has been undefeated. I'm not sure if any team Science Hill has played thus far could beat any team on Siegel's schedule to date, although Elizabethan is a good team. I think playing at home and playing much better competition should give Siegel the edge in this one. I hope to catch the second half of this game.

I was at the game ... I thought Siegel was dead in the water after such a deficit to McCallie. All I can say is what a gritty team. If they can put together two full halves this team could very well come out of the conference this year. It will be tough with Oakland and Blackman. All I can say is what an exciting game and atmosphere !! One of the best I have seen in some time

Until Science Hill proves they can beats us, I am not convinced. Sometimes, the better team may not win. Science Hill probably is better, but they gotta prove it.

I remember when South played DB in 2009.  In my opinion, South was the better team that year, but if you only saw South play that one time you would be calling me crazy.  You could just tell by the body language of the players at that game.  The DB kids came in knowing they've owned the rivalry for so long and they looked as if they were fully expecting to win and they ended winning quite comfortably.

Will Science Hill have a similar mindset?  Probably won't know till Week 10.  If they win, I'll give them my congrats because it's been a long time coming for them, but in Week 10 DB will be allowed to go for 2. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I remember when South played DB in 2009.  In my opinion, South was the better team that year, but if you only saw South play that one time you would be calling me crazy.  You could just tell by the body language of the players at that game.  The DB kids came in knowing they've owned the rivalry for so long and they looked as if they were fully expecting to win and they ended winning quite comfortably.

Will Science Hill have a similar mindset?  Probably won't know till Week 10.  If they win, I'll give them my congrats because it's been a long time coming for them, but in Week 10 DB will be allowed to go for 2. :rolleyes:

I agree with you THS Viking2004...

SH defense has been playing pretty well so far. Malik Mcgue has been playing great at qb, and skill guys are all doing good too. The question is, how will Science Hill do with Siegel's passing game? From the looks of last nights game with Mo West, there were a couple passes that could have been easy touchdowns if the receivers would have caught them. Science Hill has played all run heavy offenses so this game will expose SH's defense a little better.