Clarksville Slamefest

Gripper

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slamfest...Saturday, December 14....12 team, triple elimination in a bracket format. Teams are usually seeded as to how they finished the previous year at this tournament. Overton won it last year with Claksville 2nd, Kenwood 3rd and Farragut 4th. I believe that Brentwood finished 5th. Others that are usually there are Tullahoma, Northwest, Northeast, Rossview, Hendersonville and Caldwell County Kentucky. I cannot recall who else. It is an exciting and very well run dual tournament. The competition should be great again this year.

Rossview Duals...Monday, December 30...16 teams, pool format with every team getting 5 duals. This is also going to be a great dual tournament. Teams that will be competing are as follows : Grissom Al, Hartselle AL, Gibson Southern IN, Cleveland, Montgomery Bell Academy, Overton, Clarksville, Kenwood, Northeast, Northwest, Montgomery Central, Rossview, Cumberland County, Collierville, Centennial and White House. What a line up. This is one you will not want to miss.

in past years clarksville slamfest also hosted 2002 DUAL STATE CHAMPS soddy daisy it would be great to see if they returned to slamfest. If they do decide to go it will be quite a dogfight with Soddy, Overton, Clarksville, and Kenwood, all of which are usually ranked in the top 10 in state. I might just have to make time to come see this tournament.

Hey, you are right Bacon, I think Clarksville's Slamfest will be a good one to go to. I have already marked that one on my calendar. It will be interesting to see if Soddy does show up. You are also right about Kenwood. I've never known them to not have a great team since they started, I expect one this year also. I love a good wrestling match, so bring it on, JUST WRESTLE! :o

• 2 weeks later...

No Soddy is not coming. They pulled out two years ago. Coach Henery contacted me about coming back this year, but he could not make it happen. His team will be on the road wrestling out of state the week of Slamfest and his athletes have exams the next week. I totally understand and hope to see them return next year. Soddy is an outstanding program. They would only strengthen the competition at Slamfest.

• 3 weeks later...