Oak Ridge vs. the "Other Tribe" aka McMinn Co.

boyfromsi

Yes. Rowe looked to injure his ankle early in the game. We could've used him. Gaddis said on the postgame interview on the radio that he thinks Rowe will be out a little while, but he didn't think it was anything serious. Hope that's still the case. I agree about our OL. Our blocking scheme has changed since last year. More of a zone blocking scheme it seems. I guess the kids are still adjusting to it. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Rowe looked to injure his ankle early in the game. We could've used him. Gaddis said on the postgame interview on the radio that he thinks Rowe will be out a little while, but he didn't think it was anything serious. Hope that's still the case. I agree about our OL. Our blocking scheme has changed since last year. More of a zone blocking scheme it seems. I guess the kids are still adjusting to it. 

I hope that's all it is because it appears they may need a complete overhaul. We looked we got whipped up front last night. I never saw Chapman on offense. We really need him there. I wonder why Alvarez isn't playing on offense.

I hope that's all it is because it appears they may need a complete overhaul. We looked we got whipped up front last night. I never saw Chapman on offense. We really need him there. I wonder why Alvarez isn't playing on offense.

Chapman was out there in the 3rd and 4th qtrs on offense, too. Not sure why big alvarez isn't playing. Guess they're still trying to find a unit that works best. Just growing pains, it seems. 

Chapman was out there in the 3rd and 4th qtrs on offense, too. Not sure why big alvarez isn't playing. Guess they're still trying to find a unit that works best. Just growing pains, it seems. 

OK. I didn't notice him at all on offense but I'll take your word for it. We better get something going on the offensive line and get Rowe back since he's the only guy we have who go the distance. Jones is a hard runner but goes sideways too much.

In the second half they alternated every other play with 72 and 79. And by the end of the game they both looked whipped. Tired not beaten

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I reckon so lol. That was Chapmans first time playing live ball in a real game in over a year. For him to still be going throughout the whole game was quiet impressive to me.

The whole blocking scheme and the way the backs read where the holes are has changed. The linemen look to be still thinking quite a bit during their blocks when they pull and such. That half-second hesitation is hurting the offensive execution.

With the zone blocking scheme, the holes may move depending upon where the blocks are. I think that the backs are still not picking up the blocks quickly, which is causing them not to hit the wholes as quick as they need to.

I think the coaching staff will fix it, and the offense will eventually gel.

This offense is light years more complicated than anything we ran under Blade....which was basically about six plays.

The whole blocking scheme and the way the backs read where the holes are has changed. The linemen look to be still thinking quite a bit during their blocks when they pull and such. That half-second hesitation is hurting the offensive execution.

With the zone blocking scheme, the holes may move depending upon where the blocks are. I think that the backs are still not picking up the blocks quickly, which is causing them not to hit the wholes as quick as they need to.

I think the coaching staff will fix it, and the offense will eventually gel.

This offense is light years more complicated than anything we ran under Blade....which was basically about six plays.

All very good points for us as fans to consider. This is a whole new offensive scheme. It will gel, eventually. We're still winning games without it really gelling, which is a good sign. BTW, i forgot to tell you. Great catch by your son in the Clinton game!  :thumb: 

All very good points for us as fans to consider. This is a whole new offensive scheme. It will gel, eventually. We're still winning games without it really gelling, which is a good sign. BTW, i forgot to tell you. Great catch by your son in the Clinton game! :thumb:

Thanks. They don't throw to the TE much, so it was good to see him come up with it.