Melrose @ Whitehaven - 2013 (Thursday)

kwc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melrose is still young but has a couple talented young men that will test our Db's...a couple wr that are being highly recruited in da sec. Da haven will win but not like da last few years where we have just totaly dominated. The guys will be up for this game because its melrose so I think/hope we see a more efficient offense that puts up at least 30pts....and maybe ill defense has gotten the wakeup and be dominate....

Melrose is still young but has a couple talented young men that will test our Db's...a couple wr that are being highly recruited in da sec. Da haven will win but not like da last few years where we have just totaly dominated. The guys will be up for this game because its melrose so I think/hope we see a more efficient offense that puts up at least 30pts....and maybe ill defense has gotten the wakeup and be dominate....

I read Saturday's box scores and I saw where Cornelius Sturghill had 7 receptions for 122 yards and 2 TD's, and Johnathan Johnson had 6 receptions for 142 yards and 1 TD. Sturghill's TD's were for 26 yards and 29 yards respectively. Johnson, on the other hand had a 61 yard pass reception for a TD and a 70 yard run for another TD. Melrose had over 400 yards of offense last week with over 300 of it coming through the air. Their QB, Leearl Patterson was 19-34 for 358 yards with 2 INT's. It's appearent by the box score what Melrose' identity is on offense. We have a short week to prepare. Let's be ready Tigers!

Edited by kwc

Good to be back on here!! New computer new Melrose team.  I think this will be closer than what people think it will be, but if we are at home I think we can come up with the upset.  I thought we were the home team because we went to the haven last yr but some schedules say we still are traveling to you guys then some say we are at home.  I think the Kirby and Central games were good tune up games for us because the MAHS and BTW games made us very sloppy and complacent. The Haven depth will wear us down but I want to win this game and restore the tradition I watched and played for will let us get by, only if our QB doesnt get locked on to JJ(#2) the whole game.  In pressure times he get locked on to him to much. We have the athletes all across the board to compete just have to put together 4 quarters against you guys!

# Rise To The Occasion

I feel ya ompride. but yea, ova the next few years we will see those haven/Melrose games we are use to seeing. Melrose air attack and da haven physical running.....you rite on kwc, JJ is really the guy everybody will be watching! but sturghill has game also. its gonna be a fight between the recievers and DB's...defense is gone win this game for somebody....

Yea. I think it will be a shootout.  From what I have been hearing the strength of yall team is the run game and ours the pass. I figure whoever can make the adjustments and get the most balance will win this game.  And Ac yep hope so those were some good games to watch and be apart of. I remember my sr yr when haven finally got over the hump and beat us by 1, then I knew this would be the beginning of the golden yrs for the Haven. Sberry has done a fine job with the program.  I root for u guys every game except 1 of course.  I think that sour taste from last yrs blowout (understatement) will motivate us to prevail!

#Rise to the Occasion

I see the AP is beginning to think a little more highly of Melrose by putting them in the top ten in the state poll at #10 right behind Ridgeway in 5A. This is just getting better and better. I expect a packed house at Whitehaven Stadium this Thursday!

The #3 rated 6A team in the state vs the #10 rated 5A team in the state. I'm loving this!

Edited by kwc

Well you know melrose has those fairweather fans!! Lol....they couldn't sell $2 tickets da last couple year now they probably will empty out da mound to get hear!! Lol....yea ompride, I'm da same. When we don't play I do pull for you guys cause I do have a couple guys there I use to coach.....I just kinda hate they put this game on Thursday nite, big as this game is it deserves Friday nite lites so I don't have to worry bout gettin up for work da next day....its gone be a long nite da way melrose likes to throw da ball. That means the clock gone stop on every play...lol....