Melrose @ Whitehaven - 2013 (Thursday)

kwc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a slight premature of the AP to stick Melrose in the top 10 of 5AAA. The AP seems to make their picks similar to the CA DD with familiar names, past playoff records and some politics. I would have thought this game would have been at minimum 14 pt game. I still don't see WH making it out of the third round max this year. By the way there would be nothing wrong with that.

Name a team WEST of the Tennessee River that will Stop Whitehaven from getting to the Semifinals, AGAIN, please???

Melrose, when they were at their Best from the mid 90s thru the mid 2000s NEVER had a strong Kicking game and in reality, if/when they get ALL THE WAY BACK, they still won't need to have a strong kicking game. I only say that because they have men leading them from that era of not having a strong kicking game LOL. Now they could take a page out of our book and get themselves an "International" student or 2 to handle their kicking duties but I think if they have that Marque Speed and those D1 linemen again they'll be kicking it in Cookeville with us before they know it. I have a Love/hate relationship with Melrose. I love how they make they Rest of the State feel but I Hate how they look at US. Respect regardless to them. Good luck going forward Orange Mound-ites   :thumb:

Lol how do we look at y'all??? And yea but lev our wrs never go to the huddle and afterwards look and scream at the qB asking for the play.. Yea success brings in the bigger crowds of guys who wanna play for u so I can see the ship in the right direction. And him going for it but sounds like hE knew we were outmatched but just decided to roll the dice! Wasn't there so can't fully know exactly the reason. But we do need more structure as far as comprehensive gameplay on utilizing out talents and hiding a few weaknesses. I think we're good to at least win 1 round this yr. honest opinion can't see us beating Henry or ridgeway

Lol how do we look at y'all??? And yea but lev our wrs never go to the huddle and afterwards look and scream at the qB asking for the play.. Yea success brings in the bigger crowds of guys who wanna play for u so I can see the ship in the right direction. And him going for it but sounds like hE knew we were outmatched but just decided to roll the dice! Wasn't there so can't fully know exactly the reason. But we do need more structure as far as comprehensive gameplay on utilizing out talents and hiding a few weaknesses. I think we're good to at least win 1 round this yr. honest opinion can't see us beating Henry or ridgeway

A lot of the Melrose faithful like to look at Whitehaven like we're uppity like we're str8 Charmin Soft. Whitehaven has always had a few goons that played football, not as many as Melrose but goons nonetheless. (I was NOT one of those goons. I was a smarty art Student-Athlete LOL)... I Have heard that from a few different sources from players, coaches, majorettes and of course fans. Yall look at us the way I look at them darn Private schools. 

Name a team WEST of the Tennessee River that will Stop Whitehaven from getting to the Semifinals, AGAIN, please???

Calm down Senator, I enjoy reading yours and kwc analysis each week on the Mid-south teams and that's all mine was, a analysis.

So if you would allow me to I'd like to try this again. As kwc brought to my attention it's a little early to be predicting WHs playoff run for 2013 but if I had to right now I will change my previous prediction and say they have a chance to advance to the semi's but I don't see them making the finals again this year. Either way would be a great season. Good luck to y'all.

Yea I feel ya senator. I was like u the student athlete lol. But as long as I was there it was much respect to y'all program. Heck I actually witnessed the torches being passed in the city to u guys. 07 when we lost by 1 there a lot of us kinda saw the success coming that y'all having now. Because that yr was our 1st yr losing to a Memphis city school since 03 I believe! But good luck to u guys this yr. different result next yrs game lol