Melrose @ Whitehaven - 2013 (Thursday)

kwc

Lol yea true about the fans thing.. Playing for them you will realize the fan base tends to become a little spoiled.. Like all big programs you know I caught a few games when I could last year it was just so hard to watch because when you are accustomed to being the top dog for years in the city and respected across the state heck even 10 win seasons aren't good enough you know lol.. But yep after rain comes the sunshine and hopefully for our sake and for high school football sake we can keep this ship in the right direction! We will throw all night just keep y'all's d line in check and we will have a shoot out

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will throw all night just keep y'all's d line in check and we will have a shoot out

We'll just tell our DL to take it easy on Leearl Patterson, we wouldn't want to rush his throws or anything like that. Lord knows we wouldn't want to sack him.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... :roflolk:

we haven't lost more than 2 games in what like maybe 8 or 9 years. Even the thought of losing a regular season game rite now pisses me off so I gotta agree with you there. We most definitely are spoiled but we still gone support our team....da haven still gone be in da stands....now that we are over that 3rd round curse its hard not seeing us in that semi or even finals....but don't forget, it ain't gone easy coming to da jungle trying to tame these tigers my friend.....we may bend but its gone be hard to brake us!!! This is gone be one LIVE Thursday nite.....hey ompride, you gotta RESPECT DA HAVEN baby!!! You absolutely have to.....

I see Melrose is looking quite vintage. Long Balls to super fast WRs, reverses to slot guys an occasional big run from the RB spot and a fast, hunting defense!

They have decent size (Central was bigger). Melrose is probably tougher though. #56 looks D@m good on film. He's got to be at least 6'3" and his large self can move. #55 looked good as well. Those guys aren't Kendal Moorehead or David Payne but they are players nonetheless. Their skill positions got speed to BURN... Kirby Kept getting Burned on those take off routes SMH LOL.

#2, #6, #4 and #5 all seem to be blazers. #2 and #6 may be a problem if the QB #17 has time to find them. They have plenty of moves in the open field and they don't seem to be afraid to get physical. #6 is str8 NASTY IMHO.

Overall they got a Big Play type offense. Shotgun and spread type of formations. I'm not sure they can drive the ball on Whitehaven's inexperienced Defense. They'll shoot themselves in the foot A LOT with penalties and Turnovers. 

Defensively, they are hunting, but beside #56 and #55 and to a lesser degree #45 they seem average (Size and skill wise) along the front 7/8... They're DBs look good as its mainly their Offensive Playmakers that I've already mentioned. #4 played really well against Kirby. #10 is a long lean athletic looking end that I think the OC would be well served to try to run Directly at because I could see him being a problem as a pass rusher and running plays down from the back end.

I think this game will be more competitive than it has been in a couple of years for a bit longer than normally, but I'll give the edge to Da Haven because Melrose seems to be prone to untimely penalties and Turnovers. If they don't limit those 2 things it may get ugly by the 4th quarter.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

I see Melrose is looking quite vintage. Long Balls to super fast WRs, reverses to slot guys an occasional big run from the RB spot and a fast, hunting defense!

They have decent size (Central was bigger). Melrose is probably tougher though. #56 looks D@m good on film. He's got to be at least 6'3" and his large self can move. #55 looked good as well. Those guys aren't Kendal Moorehead or David Payne but they are players nonetheless. Their skill positions got speed to BURN... Kirby Kept getting Burned on those take off routes SMH LOL.

#2, #6, #4 and #5 all seem to be blazers. #2 and #6 may be a problem if the QB #17 has time to find them. They have plenty of moves in the open field and they don't seem to be afraid to get physical. #6 is str8 NASTY IMHO.

Overall they got a Big Play type offense. Shotgun and spread type of formations. I'm not sure they can drive the ball on Whitehaven's inexperienced Defense. They'll shoot themselves in the foot A LOT with penalties and Turnovers. 

Defensively, they are hunting, but beside #56 and #55 and to a lesser degree #45 they seem average (Size and skill wise) along the front 7/8... They're DBs look good as its mainly their Offensive Playmakers that I've already mentioned. #4 played really well against Kirby. #10 is a long lean athletic looking end that I think the OC would be well served to try to run Directly at because I could see him being a problem as a pass rusher and running plays down from the back end.

I think this game will be more competitive than it has been in a couple of years for a bit longer than normally, but I'll give the edge to Da Haven because Melrose seems to be prone to untimely penalties and Turnovers. If they don't limit those 2 things it may get ugly by the 4th quarter.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

BHS:

I remember being at the jamboree, outside the fence watching Melrose play. Even from that vantage point I was impressed with the size I saw on the Melrose OL. I saw two big fellas with 50'ish numbers who had size AND atheletisicim. I also remember watching their QB and remembering how good he looked throwing the deep ball. I remember reading about Sturghill getting some D-1 offers this past summer.

This game does nothing but help both teams get prepared for the post season. Both are loaded with talent and athletes. I hope the depth of Whitehaven helps us to prevail. When you have 98 on the varsity and an additional 42 on the freshman team ... you should have great depth. Only 11 can play at one time, but we are already digging into our depth with our LB corps. This game is going to be a bargain compared to the price of admission.

I don't know if you guys are aware of this site but I met Yuri Chambers after the Whitehaven/White Station game. He handed me a glossy advetisment for his website that is called Exposed Magazine. He's trying to shoot for an ESPN feel with city of Memphis high school coverage. He also has youtube video of the Ridgeway/Olive Branch game, as well as, the Melrose/Kiby game along with some other footage. I'm going to post links below. Check it out.

Exposed Magazine

Yuri's Youtube Videos

Yea have no choice but to respect the haven!! But I do believe we will be the toughest challenge y'all face this regular season(knock on wood) yep we dot sustain drives but our big play ability could be the difference.. With our speed I think we can hit the short throws against u guys because pressing our wrs will fall into our advantage IMO.. Pat has to grow up fast in this game and go thru his progressions(my assement of his biggest weakness) if he can get a few in I see a shoot out! And yes the food is as good again the let them serve the outside food again.. The past few games have brought most of the fans back but us strong melrose faithful who sat an watched last yr was waiting on this moment!! Still not 100% sure on location of the game because we went there last yr so I assume we will be at home. But if we are on the road I like our chances even better to win than at home! And it's taming season for those tigers!!!!