Smyrna at Oakland

nrgrizzlies

The Bulldogs face a tough opponent this week in the Patriots, Smyrna will be tested heavily in the run game, They will need some breaks to overcome the GREATNESS of the OHS machine. Pattriots are so much bigger on the o-line that the no one can play with them. They are faster stronger deeper. Wow not enough adjectives to describe how good they really are. Oh wait I left out the part about the amazing coaching staff.

Heck I am not even sure I want to make the drive to OHS to watch the beating the Bulldogs will take in this one. Is it worth the cost of a ticket to see my favorite team be shamed out the stadium?

I hope you all can hear the sarcasim in my post. yes the Patriots are a fine football team. But as the old saying goes that why we suit up every Friday night.  Let's just let em play and if OHS scores more then we can all say how GREAT the Patriots are.

Hope you all enjoy your Friday night, I will because I will be watching my favorite team fight the Pats and all the nay sayers.

Let's Go DAWGS!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's gameday Bulldogs! Not that you need anyone to tell you that. Focus, heads down and go to work. No show boating, hand gestures, smack talking. No time to believe your press clippings, just football tonight. Tough team in front of ya. Can't let up. It's gonna have to be your very best tonight. Anything less simply will not do. So far you have proven alot of people wrong. Go out and do it again. Hope both teams are free from any further injuries tonight. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

Look at the weather forecast.  If it is a rainy, wet field, the game could easily be decided by the "Big Uglies."  I have not see a group of bigger or uglier group of linemen than Oakland.  More than a few will be playing Saturdays in the future.  I expect a slow start, but a team wearing down in the second half when fitness and strength come into play.  Oakland 28; Smyrna 7.

Wasn't at the game. On vacation With fhe fam. Got all my info from text. Sounds like we hung in there for the first half. The defense played solid in the first half. Then Oakland came out as Oakland in the second half. No reason to hang our heads from this one. Learn from it get better. Take something away from it. Had two fumbles. Got to hang on to the ball better. Especially against teams like Oakland. Couldnt get the run game on track at all last night. The passing game did some good things early. Had trouble with their size and stopping the run. Plain and simple got beat by better football team. Got to get more consistent on both sides of the ball. Back to work. Got some huge games coming in the next six weeks. But first Sycamore this Friday.

Edited by milo118

Well the bunch from OHS looks like the real deal. It will be a GREAT game when BHS and OHS face off in the last game of the season.

The Bulldogs never were able to get any kind of run game started and OHS made them one dimentional rather quickly. The Boys in purple have some work to do for the second half of the season to improve on this to get themselves in a position for the playoffs.

Overall I expected OHS to be a good team and am proud of SHS for not getting shut out in the contest

Well the bunch from OHS looks like the real deal. It will be a GREAT game when BHS and OHS face off in the last game of the season.

The Bulldogs never were able to get any kind of run game started and OHS made them one dimentional rather quickly. The Boys in purple have some work to do for the second half of the season to improve on this to get themselves in a position for the playoffs.

Overall I expected OHS to be a good team and am proud of SHS for not getting shut out in the contest

As long as Smyrna holds serve and wins the game they should, theyre almost a lock to make it to the playoffs