South @ Boone 9/27

blazer1set

Ok let's get this one started.

SOUTH:  5-0 record | Outscored opponents 224-69 | signature win: vs. Tennessee High

BOONE:   3-1 record | been outscored 80-73 | signature win: ???

GAME:   Boone always has trouble with a spread offense like South runs, plus Boone just does not play very well the first half.      South will jump out to an early 20 point lead, then Boone will spend the 2nd half chipping away at it, bottom line is South wins 44-13.    Congratulations Rebels, hope you go far in 4A this year.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boone vs South matchups have traditionally been emotionally charged and fun games to watch.  I think Boone will actually (finally) start the game with some fire.  Back and forth in the first quarter.  South's athleticism and conditioning allow them to pull away and make the game seem worse that it was. 

South 44

Boone 20

Boone vs South matchups have traditionally been emotionally charged and fun games to watch.  I think Boone will actually (finally) start the game with some fire.  Back and forth in the first quarter.  South's athleticism and conditioning allow them to pull away and make the game seem worse that it was. 

South 44

Boone 20

We are very close on our score predictions, although we got there from completely different scenarios.      And I agree that these two really get after each other.    South is just way too stacked this year.

County line backyard brawl. These teams really get after each other. South had a decade or more of dominance then Boone has won the last few years (maybe 4 wins in 3 years including playoffs). The Rebels defensive strength is against the run which has been the Trailblazers main weapon this year. I don't think Boone can hang with the Rebel offense and their wins so far this year have been underwhelming. 17-7 against Volunteer and 34-17 against Central doesn't impress too many people.

Rebels 49

Trailblazers 21 (7 or 14 against reserves)

South will be too much for Boone this year. If South goes up by a decent margin Boone more than likely will quit an lay down the 2nd half. They did against us at least. I think Boone will score early but then South will start to pull away int he 2nd.

South 42-14

You're right, Boone just gave up the 2nd half of that game, but you guys still had a way better team.    Boone is very well coached but the coaches can't get on the field and do it for them.    South has way too much speed and athleticism, not sure how it will play out but South wins this one easily.     That EHS/South game in week 10 will be a barn burner for sure!

Crawdad...you still around. I see Pudding is still faithful to our end of the state. They let me out occasionally so I might just try to make this one. I saw Rogersville with a bit of trepadation. Looks like they have worked the kinks out now. Is this QB a distant third to Curt and Brandley?

Well howdy, compusatman!  Good to see you are still kickin'.  Me?...I am still enjoying high school football and thouroughly enjoy comparing matchups weekly to decide where I will go for my Friday Night Lights.  Having no direct ties here is cool.  Some teams/programs jsut naturally wear the black cowboy hat and some wear the white one though, as I have learned. 

I'll most likely make this South / Boone matchup.  Like others have said, Boone and South get after each other.  (Plus Boone has a great concession stand!)  Some of my favorite games since moving to NETN have been Boone vs. South (2008 and 2009 especially).  I hope this one is a barnburner as well.  I think both these teams are well coached.  Both head coaches are good men and are good role models for their players.  Good programs. 

I have noticed your Pactolas bunch seems to have gotten quiet the last few years.  I'm guessing some of the dads have moved on and not as many new faces.  Crawdad has posted some this year, but not like the magicical run you guys had ('06 through '10 roughly). 

This current group of Rebels seem to be solid again to me (I've seen them once this year and two scrimmages in preseason).  Talent thick at skill positions.  I'd put the skill guys a step or two behind the 2008 Rebs when the Spin Doctor still toted the rock.  They arent as fast as the 2009 crew of sprinters.  But they are good.  As far as qb goes, I'd have a hard time putting the young man at the #3 spot behind Curt and Bradley, yet.  I'd have to put Haden from '10 in at three and maybe the Saint from 2009 at # 4 due to his field general skills.  This kid is very talented though and I could see him moving to #3 in our meaningless :blink:  little list.  He also has what Bradley and the Saint had, in receivers.  B had KK and others.  QB W now has a some good targets too.  Fun bunch, you need to go see them.  Wish I knew who you guys were, I'd let you take me to the consession stand. :hungry:  I think I figured out who RebRaider85 is though (hard to miss that guy).

Edited by Pudding

Crawdad...you still around. I see Pudding is still faithful to our end of the state. They let me out occasionally so I might just try to make this one. I saw Rogersville with a bit of trepadation. Looks like they have worked the kinks out now. Is this QB a distant third to Curt and Brandley?

Good to hear from you Comp. Maybe the devil train will reappear the week of the Elizabethton game? Alas , I miss the days of Science Hill and Dobyns-Bennett scheduling even if we were coming up short. They were good measuring sticks. Maybe ole Batmast is converting me. Anyway looks like Sam has figured out Stacy's and Graham's formula for success. 68 points is nothing to sneeze at. 

(Plus Boone has a great concession stand!)

Boone does indeed have good concessions.    Freshly grilled hamburgers, you can smell them cooking all over Gray, Mmmmmmmm.     And don't forget the weekly white styrofoam cup signs on the fence facing 75.     Last week's was a classic vs. Volunteer (Miss Kay's Diner: Roast Falcon: Happy, Happy, Happy).      Oh yeah, while you're getting your hamburger @ the concession stand be sure to order a shot of Booneshine.     Don't worry, it's legal and it won't hurt you.

Looking forward to a great game this Fri