Hampton Hosts Johnson Co

uknoit2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC this season is big but apparently they seem to be slow but powerful. I thought they'd beat Cloudland but I couldn't have been more wrong. The hype for JC this season is unwarranted as of right now. Happy Valley beat them friday 6-0. Let that score sink in. Happy Valley is "very down" (..not horrible since I gotta be PC) this season and pre-season predicted JC to be the clear #3 in 3RC. Size means nothing. I have seen it first hand as EHS line has been outsized in every game this season. JC is big but Hampton isn't a slouch either. Speed seems to be a big weakness for JC and if Hampton can run it outside or break free on passes it will be a blowout. I can understand why Hampton fan wouldn't want to predict a blowout but fan on the outside looking in can and that's what I'm doing.

JC this season has been outscored 56-32 (eliminating the TN High game)

Out of the 3 games 2 have been against 2A schools (Grayson and Cloudland) and the other one against HV which is gonna be fighting for last place in 3RC.

Hampton this season has outscored their opponents 95-57 (Eliminating the Unicoi game '41-42' ).

Comparing the team's current schedules

Hampton: UC (1-4)........Oneida (4-1)....Unaka (0-4)...HV (2-3)

JC: TN High (3-1)......Grayson (2-2)....Cloudland (5-0)...HV (2-3)

The only game at the moment where there is a common opp is HV. Hampton won 33-20 JC lost 6-0. Both games were back to back. for HV so there is no excuses like field rust such as there would be if one was week 1.

I have some friends who play for HV and I talked to some of them friday at Applebees and they said they were lucky to score on JC. So taking out the games where both teams are facing much larger schools and lost (TN High and Unicoi County) the schedules at this point are even. Unaka/Grayson....Oneida/Cloudland and then HV being the common team between them.

Is it possible JC makes it a game? Yes of course that's why we play, but that being said an taking the numbers into account....a blowout seems more than likely unless Hampton just comes out flat. We're 5 games into the season and if a team isn't improving at this point(JC)..there really isn't a lot of upside.